Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski Club of Great Britain chat forum

Poster: A snowHead
--

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 11-01-13 0:34; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OK

If no one other than CG posts on this thread, no one tries to attempt to argue logically with him (which is a lost cause) then this thread will die, and perhaps we can get back to the decent CG of the recent past Confused

I should have known better than to try and defend someone he was slagging off Sad

********************************************************************** suggested end of thread *********************************************************
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
--

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 11-01-13 0:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great idea stoat of the dead......... OOPS

******************************************************************************************************* NEW SUGGESTED END OF THREAD **************************************************
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

The next analysis will be published on 10 January.

Whoo hoo !! only one sleep to go NehNeh Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
--

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 11-01-13 0:33; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Comedy Goldsmith, containing a fact would be a start.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
--

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 11-01-13 0:33; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
the SCGB initiated legal threats against snowHeads in 2011, citing trademark/copyright law about the use of the phrase 'Ski Club', 'Ski Club 2.0' etc.

Well, I didn't know that. And it's quite interesting (if true).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
maggi wrote:
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
the SCGB initiated legal threats against snowHeads in 2011, citing trademark/copyright law about the use of the phrase 'Ski Club', 'Ski Club 2.0' etc.

But there's a huge difference between sabre rattling on the one hand, and commencing proceedings and stumping up some cash to pay lawyers and Court fees on the other.
Or to put it another way. 'So what?'
I'm pretty new around here and it has been interesting up to a point to learn a bit of history. But that's just what it is. History. If you get a lot of public sniping then the protagonists will inevitably feel that they need to respond to the sniping or else be seen to be accepting the position. Sadly I can't see an end to this dispute unless the main parties would care to deal with it by PMs. I am a member of SCGB and quite frankly I don't care about the lack of posts on their forum. I don't care about the change in cost of Reps over the last 10 years compared with the number of new members shown to be introduced directly by Reps (The income from subs doesn't include other income from cross selling, doesn't take into account the 'advertising' benefits of raising the profile of SCGB, doesn't - cannot - take into account how many members decided to join 6 months after skiing with a Rep)
I'm heartily sick of the nitpicking. There may be no button to allow me to ignore this thread, but 'its goodbye from him and goodbye from me' as I am now choosing to ignore this thread anyway.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
--

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 11-01-13 0:33; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Sadly I can't see an end to this dispute unless the main parties would care to deal with it by PMs

The dispute (if it was even that? was more of an "us vs them", despite many of us *being* them, and vice versa) was over 8 years ago. Then some prat came along and tried to stoke the fire.

Quote:

I am now choosing to ignore this thread anyway

me too, now. Most of those 29,000 page reads are not people giving a 5h1t, but people checking to see wtf goldsmith has spewed out now rolling eyes

******************************************************************************************************* NEW SUGGESTED END OF THREAD **************************************************
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Comedy Goldsmith, it's nearly 30,000 hits because of what andy, says above......not cause anyone is interested in the topic..... Laughing Call yourself a journalist....you believe your own hype.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
I think you're wrong that the number of posts on the SCGB forum doesn't matter. The Club formed and grew because of peer-to-peer communication and fellowship. In the 21st century, social/snocial networking is the only obvious root for club growth that I can think of, where a population is diverse and geographically scattered.

Surely it's a matter for the club to be concerned about the post rate. I don't see how it's relevant to SH beyond a passing, one-off comment, at least not until the post-rate starts to rival SH at which time it may be worth having a discussion as to whether SH is under threat. Until that point, all this thread is doing is getting up a lot of people's noses, doing nothing to help anyone in any meaningful way and yet probably also increasing the hit-rate on the club forums as well.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David has a point . . . as labored as it has been applied . . . and this thread was started by an idiot (not in the Greek sense) from the club.

But I truly fail to see or understand any possible reason or point for this thread to continue beyond telling the OP to booger off back to its kennel, we may pop over and take it for a walk later!
latest report
Comedy Goldsmith, you are clearly quite mad. Though to be fair, PJSki is at least equally as mental and certainly far more boorish and offensive, so you probably win the argument (whatever it was) on points. Are you happy now? Laughing
ski holidays
--

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 11-01-13 0:33; edited 1 time in total
snow report
If nothing else it's an interesting lesson on the art of social networking (or lack of art, should I say). As own goals go it's like dribbling backwards from the half-way line, rounding your own goalie and dive heading it into a gaping net. Don't think I've ever seen anything similar from say The BMC. An attempt to drive traffic to another forum has done the exact opposite and driven a relatively large amount to a rival advertising medium. Started by the club and mostly argued by club members with die hard snowHeads pleading for it to stop. Comedy.
latest report
Quote:

It doesn't permit you to go around falsely calling identifiable people "mad"

It does if you can't show any damages, I believe (I'm not a lawyer)
ski holidays
--

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 11-01-13 0:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
If nothing else it's an interesting lesson on the art of social networking (or lack of art, should I say). As own goals go it's like dribbling backwards from the half-way line, rounding your own goalie and dive heading it into a gaping net. Don't think I've ever seen anything similar from say The BMC. An attempt to drive traffic to another forum has done the exact opposite and driven a relatively large amount to a rival advertising medium. Started by the club and mostly argued by club members with die hard snowHeads pleading for it to stop. Comedy.

It WOULD have been an own-goal if the thread had been left to die.. As long as this thread lives, the OP's goal is being achieved, albeit not for the reasons that were initially intended.
snow conditions
feef, No, the Op's actions have led to a sizeable increase in activity on this site and only a dribble on their site. And, to boot, there's a degree of riducule which will probably stick. It's an own goal, not even a deflection off the wall.
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
PJSki wrote:
And three deaths you say? List them.
It seems to be, once again, reality vs your wild imagination.

Why persist with this nonsense - what are you trying to achieve? In whose interests? You are not contesting the two deaths in Verbier. They happened and the identities of the victims have been confirmed by the SCGB to its members (the latter incident) or to the general public (the 1989 incident). The third case is not one that I'm in the clear to write about. It seems that you're a SCGB member, quite possibly in a senior role, so I suggest that you ascertain the details from the office if it really matters in resolving the general point here.

Some would argue that one death was enough. Doug Sager seemed to take this position in 1989, and I was inclined to agree with him, having passed a ski instructor exam which did not qualify me to take skiers off-piste. CST can explain why she took the decision to leave the SCGB at that juncture. She has, of course, personally defended the case for SCGB leaders taking skiers off-piste since returning to the HQ and becoming CEO in 1996.

Your second point about the defence costs concerning the second Verbier accident is essentially nit-picking. Huge administrative and Council time has been expended in dealing with that case. This is not free, and has been a huge distraction. You say that this has cost the Club nothing. Err ... ?

Ok, so there was a secret death as well. Have you told the police? Also, the fact all costs were met by the insurer is hardly nit-picking. The staff are there and already paid for and I'm sure the council made time to deal with the tragedy and still managed to advance the rest of their agenda.

Face it, Comedy, you haven't got a clue and have resorted to making things up. You seemingly have two people on your side, one says you're mad and the other keeps bring homosexuality into the debate.
ski holidays
--

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 11-01-13 0:32; edited 1 time in total
snow report
PJSki, will you just crawl back into your scrotum and let us try to bring this thread to a quiet closure! enough IS enough
ski holidays
Masque wrote:
PJSki, will you just crawl back into your scrotum and let us try to bring this thread to a quiet closure! enough IS enough

Just having my say, old son.
latest report
Please let's just leave this thread to wither. Or at least just have one poster.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND
snow report
--

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 11-01-13 0:32; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
One of them clearly looks like they have a snowboard stuck to their feet - if it is related to the SCGB, its probably the person up front...or should be Toofy Grin
ski holidays
--

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 11-01-13 0:32; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
feef wrote:
As long as this thread lives, the OP's goal is being achieved, albeit not for the reasons that were initially intended.

As Swiller states, this belief is not confirmed by the evidence. My next audit, which will be published at 00:01hrs and covers the past 7 days, will show that posting activity on the SCGB forum has again been well below the threshold at which it is legal (under the new '4% rule')*. A Ski Club official has posted two messages this afternoon which will almost certainly exceed today's limit, since this would require 50 postings to have been made today.

For signs of madness, look elsewhere, Lizzard etc.

---------------

* However, the audit will also reveal something fairly astonishing and difficult to explain.

Your audit of the forum posts on the Ski Club website are not what I'm referring to.

As long as relevant content links to the club website, as it happening on SH in general, and especially in this thread, then the clubs exposure via search engine rankings will increase. From that, there will be a knock on effect of more people finding the site and from that, more people signing up either as members or just non-member forum posters. You won't see that happen overnight, but now that this thread exists,and is searchable, it'll contribute to the general ranking of the SCGB site.
snow report
--

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 11-01-13 0:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Timberwolf wrote:
What is SCGB ?

Seriously, Comedy Goldsmith. Boring.
snow report
Timberwolf wrote:
Timberwolf wrote:
What is SCGB ?

Snowheads Can Go and Bugger off and mind their own business?
snow report
feef, conversely, a search term "skiclub" or "teaclub" or "SCGB" or whatever will just as likely throw up this site high up the answers.
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith, oh do shut up, you ridiculous nutjob. My 'real' identity is no state secret, and you have yourself posted more than enough evidence that you are totally batshit crazy.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 10-01-13 7:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
--

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 11-01-13 0:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:

LOL! Admin, join the 'club'. Laughing
snow report
Winterhighland wrote:
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:

LOL! Admin, join the 'club'. Laughing
U 2 eh?

Actually, to be exact
although not in a "4%" way
, "Ski Club 2.0" never came into it. They were specifically taking issue over us using the terms 'ski club' and 'Ski Club'. Unfortunately (for them), they didn't appear to have had the foresight to check their own trademark
Which is here - but make sure U swallow your tea before U get to "Other particulars"
rolling eyes, which they were threatening us for infringing.

maggi wrote:
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:

Well yes it certainly is true: tired of the sporadic outbreaks of rancour, I made quite a concerted effort to 'make friends' - Betony
their PR manager
and I had our photo
taken to commemorate the start of a beautiful new era, they bought some advertising and an exec even phoned to seek advice/opinion on something - I thought we'd thawed the frostiness and moved on. Then they threw it all back in my face
nb. said in an overly melodramatic tone - oh god, I'm so upset, how could they? I mean, really... how COULD THEY!
with a series of legal threats (be email only - go figure rolling eyes).
Thing is... having spent a little time looking into the detail of them, not only were these threats literally laughable but they were so spurious that, in themselves, they created grounds for legal action against the Tea Club by us Confused
Now... not being particularly litigious by nature, I suggested to their PR girl
Who wasn't Betony anymore
that it should be resolved informally via a friendly phone call (after all, they could find my number when they wanted advice rolling eyes): she said it was "nothing to do with her as it had been decided before she started at the club" - I pointed out that actually, if this ever got out, it would make them look stupidly aggressive
Or perhaps it was aggressively stupid
, inept even, which would make her job as PR thingy more difficult and therefore it was everything to do with her. So she said she'd bring it up at Thursday's management meeting (whatever that is) although I never got the phone call Confused

So much for best friends for ever eh?

When it comes down to it, it's axiomatic that many SCGB members will be enthusiastic snowHeads and that some avid snowHeads will find aspects of the SCGB useful to them so why should there be the need for any awkwardness about it?
Well there clearly is no need, at membership level, but unfortunately, over the past 9 years, the further up the ranks of the club you go, the more hostile the attitude towards snowHeads has appeared to be - for whatever excuse/reason
Perhaps one of the snowHeads rumoured to be SCGB council members might enlighten us?

I had an opportunity to 'talk to Frank
Not the drugs counselling service: Frank, the new Caroline
' at the NEC ski show in October - he seemed very pleasant and asked for advice with regard to running a forum in the public domain which, being a snowHead
who by nature should be kind and helpful
, I gave him.
Maybe he has the power to make a change?

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 10-01-13 11:46; edited 22 times in total
latest report
--

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 11-01-13 0:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy