Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski Club of Great Britain chat forum

Poster: A snowHead
Masque wrote:
PJSki,
Quote:
The ski club don't give a shite about anyone's class
The Club may not but I've met about 13 utter twots members that certainly did and 'a club IS its members' . . . story will be along later Twisted Evil
likey as not they just found you repellant. I can understand why they stuck two fingers up to you. Feck me, a generalization based on a sample of 13!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pedantica, I was winding comedy up originally, but I honestly wanted to know what he is trying to achieve and he didn't answer....if that's trolling I apologise......
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Smokin Joe, you've done nothing wrong. Ignore the righteous vodka gob of pedantica.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PJSki, are all the gentlemen in the SCGB as charming as you? rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So where does the SCGB stand

- Offers up to date snow reports - nope internet & social media does it better
- Lively forum - well maybe compared to snowv0le
- Guiding - not really and it's a labyrinthine grey area
- Social - if you like fellow club types
- Magazine -irrelevant in 21st Century
- Good value holidays - maybe I guess but certainly not on the cheap side of value

Like Yellow Pages, Kodak etc I suspect it's dead in the water just doesn't realise it yet. Limping on a gravy train for reps etc. Best bet is to slash overhead, make themselves a "free" organisation then make money on the sell ons I'd say.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
maggi wrote:
PJSki, are all the gentlemen in the SCGB as charming as you? rolling eyes
desperate to score a point or what? Try to avoid generalisations in debate.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PJSki, goodness! You are a sweet little toilet plunger and of course you and richteabagger bring that up to 15. See the problem being Timmy is that you are the predominant face of the club so of course you and your bumbuddy reinforce negative opinion of the Club . . . I don't go over there and slag off its members but you're happy to do that over here.
Of the approximate 60+ club members I've met and or spent time with, 13 + you and rich' . . . the 'Twot Twins' . . . and another five I can think of makes 1/3 of the members . . . not a good shite to sunshine ratio Sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque, you genealise while I don't, that's the difference.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PJSki, Coo Shocked an accurate little toilet plunger! So now to have an opinion I must poll all the Club members to see if they agree that they are as an odious crumb of knob cheese as you?

This could be fun! Twisted Evil
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
PJSki, not scoring points just making one. You do not come across as a good advert for a club which is trying, presumably, to attract new members. That's all. No debate.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Smokin Joe wrote:
Pedantica, I was winding comedy up originally, but I honestly wanted to know what he is trying to achieve and he didn't answer....if that's trolling I apologise......
Apologies, I missed the single post where you actually asked that question.

fatbob,
Quote:

- Offers up to date snow reports - nope internet & social media does it better

- Lively forum - well maybe compared to snowv0le

- Guiding - not really and it's a labyrinthine grey area

- Social - if you like fellow club types

- Magazine -irrelevant in 21st Century

- Good value holidays - maybe I guess but certainly not on the cheap side of value

That seems a good summary to me, though I'd tend to agree with GrahamN that the types you meet on Freshtracks holidays are pretty varied. I was unlucky on the second one I did, almost everybody was from the DHO of the 50s and 60s (that's in addition to the leader being an irresponsible cow and the tuition being of the 'follow me' variety.) The first was great, no complaints at all. And cliques are liable to exist everywhere amongst groups who know one another: I wouldn't dispute PJSki's assertion that that can happen with snowHeads too. That said, when I turned up at my first bash, knowing nobody and being quite a lot older than the majority of people there, I couldn't possibly have been welcomed more warmly.

Masque, funnily enough, the final thing that pushed me over into not renewing my membership of the Ski Club was a failure even to acknowledge a complaint I sent in about PJSki's posting tone and vocabulary on the forum. He's probably moderated that over there but not, sadly, over here.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
maggi, ok, so how do you think masque comes across? Oh yeah, he's on your side so above criticism.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PJSki,

Masque regularly gets castigated for over-the-top posts, by people who've met him and like him, me included. The difference between you and him is that he also contributes a huge amount to the forum in ways other than extending everyone's vocabulary and getting a bit over-excited from time to time.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PJSki, I get plenty of criticism . . . and quite frequently deserved . . . and always of far better standard than your anal seepage rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
This is honestly one of the saddest threads I have ever had the displeasure of reading through.
snow conditions
Touchguru, yup, time to lock it out and bury it
latest report
Masque, erm, your physiological analogies are not furthering your case. wink
snow report
Masque wrote:
PJSki, I get plenty of criticism . . . and quite frequently deserved . . . and always of far better standard than your anal seepage rolling eyes
but your chums turn a blind eye on this subject.
snow report
PJSki,
Quote:

but your chums turn a blind eye on this subject.

Nope
snow conditions
Masque wrote:
Touchguru, yup, time to lock it out and bury it

Because you're losing? Btw, you accused a couple of people of being gay. You realise how much of a Cnut that makes you look?
ski holidays
PJSki, yer a sad man and worth of great pity . . . shame you won't get it from me Twisted Evil

Pedantica, scatological shirley(sic), I'm just preserving the fine historical British standard of turd based insult exemplified by Swift, Hobart et al. I'm barely breaking wind let alone a sweat at this level snowHead
snow report
Pedantica wrote:
Comedy Goldsmith, .

Masque, I agree. I used to be a member of the Ski Club, got some good discounts, went on a couple of holidays (one OK, one absolutely ghastly, clique-y, snobbish, just dire)

That would be the "Premier Party"? Spot on, very clique-y enforced by the way the leader places paying guests in fixed groups for the week, and the newbies/silver skiers get put with infirm partners of the better skiers. Far less opportunity to get to know folk in the evening without feeling like a jeans wearing 45 hanicapper at a posh golf club. Having said that I also met some brilliant folk who were also top (gold) skiers.

I've also been on an SCGB trip to Flaine which was one of the best ski trips I've ever been on. The grading system meant that we all skied at the same level and got the most out of the instruction without being held up, and fantastic craic with the whole group. So good that I can't wait for a repeat trip on Saturday; which should be great training for my next Snowheads bash: SOPiB13

Quote:
skied with a rep a couple of times and messed about on the forum for a few months,

I'm a regular visit to Argentiere and know my way around GM as well as most. However I'm often on my own in between meeting up with mates so I regulary use the leader service as a sure way of sharing a day's skiing with like minded similarly able folk.

I will continue to use both SCGB and Snowheads, I really enjoyed the pre season bash (chickened out of your vodka party) and met some great folk, who I hope to meet up with again in March. Thankfully I didn't meet anyone anywhere near as boorish as CG comes across on the forum

The best way to get the most out of any organisation, and to improve it so you get more out of it is to participate. Sniping from the outside when one (CG) no longer participates is just sad and pathetic
snow conditions
Masque,
Quote:

scatological

That too.
ski holidays
PJSki, Is this a completion? Coo, what's the prize and when are you going to join in?
latest report
On the rocks, well said.
ski holidays
--

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 11-01-13 1:24; edited 1 time in total
latest report
On the rocks, The problem is that I and FAR too many people have had that
Quote:
Far less opportunity to get to know folk in the evening without feeling like a jeans wearing 45 hanicapper at a posh golf club.
experience. for it not to be an endemic problem within the club and you do not want to turn up for first day on a snowboard to ride with a bunch of skies who were quite horrified at the thought. the conversation went along the lines of "you won't be able to keep up" and "you'll hold us back". I'm a reasonable boarder, edges are for riding so I'm happy hooning around keeping it tight with their rather sedentary pace and start to up the speed and I'm first to get to a split. Bit of a natter where to go and I'm pointed down the left and waved on. Halfway down I check up the hill and I'm on my own. The explanation was they thought I was having so much fun I'd be better off on my own. The Member who'd invited me to join the group came to me that evening and told me that the rest didn't like to be 'associated' with boarders and I was too quick and making them look slow. Pathetic.

There are many lovely people in the Club but there are also plenty of ugly ones and that is a serious problem. The club is fractured and faceted by so many divisive systems like graded holidays, rigid age limits, an appallingly clumsy forum and the aforementioned preponderance of ugly people that how can they even expect to survive let alone grow.

I know DG is a thorn, but he wants a thriving organisation. It's sad that he fails to see it won't happen and it's scum suckers like wee Tim PJSki guaranteeing that.
latest report
--

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 11-01-13 0:39; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
krakatoa wrote:
On the rocks wrote:
I will continue to use both SCGB and Snowheads ... The best way to get the most out of any organisation, and to improve it so you get more out of it is to participate. Sniping from the outside when one (CG) no longer participates is just sad and pathetic

Are you defining the balance of 28,000 out of 34,000 SCGB members as "sad and pathetic"?

No way, absolutely not, and I'm surprised you inferred that from my post. I was of course only referring to CG apparantly spending several hours monitoring, reporting and analysing the traffic on the SCGB forum as part of a revenge campaign for events that apparanetly took place a long time ago.
snow conditions
Reading this thread is like watching a slow car crash - and brings backs the threads following MO in February 2004. GrahamN's two posts are the only two posts that forensically deal with the issues concerning the Ski Club, avoids trolling, etc.. In his final paragraph he says that the Club is not good at communicating which is patently true given the obtuse explanation on the grading system. Good communication is less, not more.

Basically the SCGB needs to decide what it wants to be in a competitive marketplace. It does not seen to understand social media or uses people as advisers who do not understand it. In the short run, you can get away with this. But, any business, that disregard it will suffer in the long-run.

I am a SCGB member, who does not post here often, as I prefer to post under my own name.
ski holidays
Masque wrote:

There are many lovely people in the Club but there are also plenty of ugly ones and that is a serious problem. The club is fractured and faceted by so many divisive systems like graded holidays, rigid age limits, an appallingly clumsy forum and the aforementioned preponderance of ugly people that how can they even expect to survive let alone grow.

Ugly on the inside or the outside or both? Honestly, musky, can you even begin to comprehend how repellent you are? Luckily you aren't representative of snowHead as a whole. Any floaters thinking of going on a bash but worried they might encounter the musky, you need have no fear, as I'm told he is muzzled and forced to wear a genital cuff at all times. NehNeh
snow conditions
hibernia,
Quote:

GrahamN's two posts are the only two posts that forensically deal with the issues concerning the Ski Club, avoids trolling,

I think that's a little unfair. For example, fatbob's post may be shorter, but it clearly addresses some of the issues and is not a troll.

Quote:

I am a SCGB member, who does not post here often, as I prefer to post under my own name.

There's no reason why you can't post under your own name here, is there? Confused
snow report
hibernia, hello! Haven't seen you around for a long time, nice to see you back snowHead
ski holidays
Pedantica, sorry, I have only picked up the past two days of this thread 10 pages ?) so apologies to fatbob.
ski holidays
Hi Cathy, nice to be, albeit briefly, back, for this thread. I used to post here and also on SCGB, but have stopped both to concentrate on LinkedIn, and Twitter ( good to see that someone remembers me Happy ) .
latest report
hibernia, I have a feeling that I know who you are from SCGB forum a few years back, so, hello Very Happy

Like Pedantica said above, I also left the club as they did nothing in response to complaints about a certain rep's vile posting, in particular, on here where he hides under his 'anonymity'.
snow report
11 pages and I still fail to see the point of this thread Puzzled . Come back jb1970 all is forgiven!
snow report
hibernia wrote:
Pedantica, sorry, I have only picked up the past two days of this thread 10 pages ?) so apologies to fatbob.

If you want to stay then you will need a dictionary because musky is posting. He wants to extent your vocabulary by all accounts. Laughing Just don't bend over while posting just in case your vocabulary isn't the only thing he wants to widen! NehNeh
ski holidays
PJSki, better effort man, better effort. We'll have you up in the Flocon class very soon . . . and some the equipment I slither around on provides much greater pain and restriction than your so clearly well experienced research tools. rolling eyes

Second hand humour isn't, you have to get in first and original . . . something you'll never be

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 6-01-13 20:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Masque wrote:
I'm pointed down the left and waved on. Halfway down I check up the hill and I'm on my own. The explanation was they thought I was having so much fun I'd be better off on my own. The Member who'd invited me to join the group came to me that evening and told me that the rest didn't like to be 'associated' with boarders and I was too quick and making them look slow.

Far more likely that they'd "sussed" you Laughing Laughing .

I've mostly used them for the Freshtracks holidays, which are mostly excellent (if not cheap). But I've also had several weeks just skiing with the resort rep (generally as one of the better ones in the group), and never seen anything like what is described there (although I'm not sure I can remember more than one boarder in all the groups I've been with) - other than maybe a bit of good-natured wee wee-taking. Often the rep would point out more challenging variations of route ending up at the same point for the more adventurous of us in the group. The last time I just did "resort rep" skiing, I was also "matchmade" with someone who was not normally skiing with the group to go and have a more adventurous day than the rest of the group was capable of.

It's quite clear that Masque and the SCGB are not a marriage made in heaven - but that's not necessarily to the SCGB's discredit (or even fault).

On the rocks, my experience is similar to yours, although not nearly as bad on the one Premier Party I went on - maybe it was a bit better as I was purplish by then. Yes there were several groups who were regular attenders every year and so there were several little cliques, but probably no worse than the sH bash cliques (yes they do exist) - and mostly pretty easy to get on with in the evening provided you didn't mind a fair bit of the badinage going over your head (so just like sH). You may have a point about the grouping - although when you have regular attenders many of them will be going specifically to ski with the same group every year, so that becomes a difficult balancing act for the leader(s). I've not been on one (Premier Part that is, I've been on lots of other Freshtracks trips) since not because of the cliques, but because of the ridiculously optimistic skiing routes taken given the very thin snow conditions (I used an entire candle of PTex filling holes in my bases every night). My first SCGB trip (10 years ago now) was also a great one to Flaine.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 6-01-13 20:54; edited 1 time in total
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy