Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski Club of Great Britain chat forum

Poster: A snowHead
Gotoma86 wrote:
Wow, Ski Club of Great Britain have re-launched their chat forum and it looks good.

No it doesn't, it is counter intuitive, it doesn't work like a most forums do.

I've just looked at the other pages. Yes there is slightly less crap but it is dated as web design goes. You have 76 errors in your HTML just for the home page.

Wow.

Is there a reason this is under snowsports? Surely a mod should shunt it off to the ski club section?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Agreed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hells Bells, +1 along with the old resurrected thread.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Windymiller wrote:
User: Gotoma86
IP: 195.***.***.***
Hostname: 195.***.***.***
ISP: British Telecommunications
Organization: Ski club of Great Britain
Services: None detected
Type: Broadband
Assignment: Static IP

lol
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidof wrote:
Is there a reason this is under snowsports?
Irony?

Anyway, in the Piste now.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Gotoma86 wrote:
Wow, Ski Club of Great Britain have re-launched their chat forum and it looks good. Simple sign-up, you don't need to become a member plus they seem to have introduced profiles as well. Well this will be fun, who's going to jump ship and start using the Tea Club forum then?[/url]

Rearrange this well know phrase or saying......off pi$$
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Smokin Joe, Unnecessary, I would have thought. If he pops back, having been so swiftly outed, I'd be amazed Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thats a shame Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boredsurfing, well I suppose one could always follow him there, if one were really missing him.. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chasseur wrote:
Smokin Joe, Unnecessary, I would have thought. If he pops back, having been so swiftly outed, I'd be amazed Laughing

Not really, his employer said the same to me in Feb 2004......... Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

User: Gotoma86
IP: 195.***.***.***
Hostname: 195.***.***.***
ISP: British Telecommunications
Organization: Ski club of Great Britain
Services: None detected
Type: Broadband
Assignment: Static IP

Classic, love it! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Charliebigpotatoes wrote:
Monium, In a fight between Carrie frm Mythbustars and Mrs Monium, my money would be on Mrs Monium

It is not nice to see women fighting in the street. But this time I think it would be worth it. Whether or not Mrs M would consider "fighting for her man" in this case seems doubtful, and she isn't all that strong but does know some really nasty tricks. She gave me a dead leg two weeks ago that has only just worn off and spends an awful lot of time helping me to arrange my own untimely downfall to claim the insurance money Smile

Or are we talking about a legal fight? If it goes to court, Mrs M is getting everything. Carrie seems pretty bright, but I doubt her legal brain. Weirdly, my sister is called Carrie. This is freaking me out a bit. But Mrs M could definitely beat her up - she's an accountant.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowHead 's GOLD !!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I don't think Gotoma86 has posted about the new SCGB Chat Forum on Snivel yet.... Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
admin wrote:
Monium wrote:
Cost will be 2 weeks of skiing for me and my mates somewhere nice.
Considering the number of mates you have, that'll be a pretty sweet deal if you swing it - then again, knowing your deal making skills... I'd like to think that over recent bashes we have become mates Wink

admin, Laughing you shameless tart Laughing [insert obvious retort here]
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
I don't think Gotoma86 has posted about the new SCGB Chat Forum on Snivel yet.... Toofy Grin

Does anyone post anything over on Snivel?
ski holidays
davkt wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:

Does anyone post anything over on Snivel?

Well, if Gotoma86 does make a few posts on Snivel he might double the number there... wink
ski holidays
Monium, Lots of Holidays at different ski standards, Reps guiding in resorts, reductions in shops (Alps and Brit) ski domes, transport etc, a magazine, various ski info on tap (including historical snow records per resort) .....

I look under "My Membership" for the forum. It looks the same as usual - very low activity. Is that the same as others are seeing? What do non-members look under? Is it different?
snow report
Ooh, just noticed that the SH's swear filter now defaults Snowvole to Snivel Laughing
snow conditions
Snivel

Laughing Laughing so it does
snow report
Snivel
Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
admin wrote:
Monium wrote:
in the Aston and wear a headscarf and sunglasses so the neighbours think I've been abducted by a cougar dahling.
It's uncanny but I met your dream-girl just a few days ago - we had after dinner drinks in VT - really did!

Tsk!

Silly admin. We were in Tignes, not VT. rolling eyes

Wink

Anyway, if this SCGB lot are trying to tell us how to run a forum, is it going to be as awful a demonstration as that of their skiing skills that we were 'treated' to on the PSB? Out of control idiots knocking into a load of people who had rather more clue what they were doing is my recollection... Shocked

Mrs M.

(Oh, and I could beat her. As long as she didn't have an unfair advantage. Like a gun. Or a truck full of explosives).
snow report
Were they the guys in uniform, with Land Rover badges velcro'd on to the sleeves of their ski jackets?

Had the pleasure if sitting next to a fidgety one on the chairlift and he kept turning round, and every time he did so the velcro badge caught on my sleeve and half tore off. So he stuck it back down. And then turned around and the badge caught on my sleeve and half tore of... rolling eyes
snow conditions
Mrs Monium, So thats settled then - cage fight with Carrie from Mythbusters and winner gets Mr Monium
snow conditions
Quote:

Carrie

was sissy spacek

Quote:

Kari

is the Mythbusters girl
snow conditions
Monium,
Quote:

is it going to be as awful a demonstration as that of their skiing skills that we were 'treated' to on the PSB? Out of control idiots knocking into a load of people who had rather more clue what they were doing is my recollection... Shocked

thanks for the reminder....... still need to write my formal letter of complaint to Frank with regard to their leaders course and the total lack of respect shown , to both the mountain and the skiers on it, wrist bands notwithstanding Twisted Evil

I couldn't believe the sense of entitlement of the tosser who fell across the skis of the yellow panted one on a practically empty 300m wide slope, and asked me 'what my problem was !' Had to chuckle at the one trainee skier who suggested that most of them could benefit from their sponsors vehicle to get them out of the off piste.
ski holidays
Charliebigpotatoes wrote:
Mrs Monium, So thats settled then - cage fight with Carrie from Mythbusters and winner gets Mr Monium

Mistress Panda for the win everytime......... but digger the dinosaur as the prize ? He wouldn't fetch more than 25 gbp per hour in full gimp mode.
ski holidays
Zombie Si wrote:
but digger the dinosaur as the prize ? He wouldn't fetch more than 25 gbp per hour in full gimp mode.
Hee.. U know your stuff: is it true you're a trader on the floor of the London Gimp Exchange?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
admin, U nose it Toofy Grin
latest report
snowball wrote:
I look under "My Membership" for the forum. It looks the same as usual - very low activity. Is that the same as others are seeing? What do non-members look under? Is it different?

Yes, that's where it is for non-members as well. Bit strange looking back at those archived threads from 2004 about MO day - can't remember when I stopped being a member, probably about 2005
snow report
If anyone finds a way of searching for your own posts in the archive, then please let me know. Be interesting to see what I posted as a ski n00b.
latest report
--

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 10-01-13 23:22; edited 4 times in total
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith, good bit of background info. Not sure the Glorious Days of Colour was all that disruptive - more harmless fun.
Thought I'd go back to SCGB and perhaps contribute some posts - but my registration doesn't work......
I see also in the Scottish Snow Reports thread here that SCGB is ignoring a fine start to the season in their version of the reports. Situation normal there.

FLOREAT SNOWHEADS
latest report
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
I recall that admin (or u brain, as he labelled himself on the SCGB forum) played quite a disruptive role on the SCGB forum from 2002-4. There was a sense of slightly wilful naughtiness. This culminated in an incident in 2003 when the entire SCGB forum changed colour, fonts, etc. A clear case of sabotage!

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.... Toofy Grin
snow report
Oh David, you do exaggerate! The font never changed - it was only that the snowy coloured bits of the forum turned pink in (what we can only assume was) an homage to "The Cat in the Hat Comes Back".
An wots more, they never pinned it on me guv!
snow report
Alastair Pink, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Alastair Pink, Laughing Laughing
latest report
Alastair Pink, Laughing Laughing Here's to the next 5000 wink
ski holidays
Sabotage! Sabotage! Who is to blame!

Perhaps it's meant to be some sort of Comedy but then, there's a man called Alastair with a verrrry suspicious surname!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 19-12-12 9:42; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Laughing Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy