Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski Club of Great Britain chat forum

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

unlikely event that you are relaying the decision of an emergency SCGB board meeting,

Damn You've found me out. I will admit I am a member of SCGB Board and I have spent the last 8 hours looking for the legal loopholes to exclude him again.

Note to the reader, the above statement is factually incorrect as I have never been or indeed will be a member of SCGB, it's Board or any other role as part of the SCGB. As a point of fact, at least to my knowledge I have only ever spoken to 3 people who are (or have been) members of the SCGB, though clearly some may have not been happy to admit it in public.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From Ski Club Chief Executive :
"Morning (Scrumpy),

Thank you for your note. To confirm Mr Goldsmith’s application was rejected and he is not a member of the Club.

Thanks and best wishes for a great 2015.

Frank"
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
in the best 'spartacus' tradition.......im david goldsmith.... Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No, I'm Gerry Aitken Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scrumpy wrote:
"Morning (Scrumpy),

Thank you for your note. To confirm Mr Goldsmith’s application was rejected and he is not a member of the Club.

Frank"

The veracity of this communication, and its authorisation for public posting, will be checked.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

its authorisation for public posting, will be checked.

bit rich when DG copies peoples posts out of the SCGB forum and posts them over here.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If I was going to waste £31.50, I'd at least do it quietly, one day before the AGM, and amble in to the meeting room 30s before the chair declares the meeting started, and pull a Simon Butler. No time for a board meeting to re-expel.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SCGB insider wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:
"Morning (Scrumpy),

Frank"

The veracity of this communication, and its authorisation for public posting, will be checked.

I did not ask for any authorisation to publish - it was a personal e-mail which I decided to publish.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As a factual note, should it be established that the above communication from the SCGB CEO is accurate:

David Goldsmith did not make an "application" to join the Ski Club. Yesterday morning he was made an offer of membership. He accepted it, and all the terms and conditions. His guarantee of payment was made, and the SCGB confirmed that he is a member. This is why a contract exists and why he is a member of the SCGB.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
As an SCGB 'insider' it may be timely to report that this morning's first and only activity on the Ski Club Chat Forum [as distinct from this one - the New Ski Club of Great Britain chat forum] is on this thread ...

Recommend lady's ski mitten please?
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/membersonly/snowtalk/discussion.aspx/Skiing-And-Snowboarding-general?discussionID=15034#.VK0cTMlCjQo

Vicky Anderson makes a useful point about fur and artificial fur on ladies' ski mittens, and points to her purchase of "ex army issue goretex outer mittens with detachable inners".
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@SCGB insider, and your point is?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Shall we have a sweepstake on how long it will be before SCGB insider becomes SCGB kicked outside (again).

SCGB seem rather inefficient, so he may well make it to the AGM.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
philipb wrote:
@SCGB insider, and your point is?

It is almost 11 years since the Ski Club of Great Britain expelled the public from its chat forum. The chat forum re-opened to the public in December 2012 but has been given a very low status on skiclub.co.uk and attracts few postings.

This thread alone will very shortly reach 200,000 hits, and soon total 3500 postings.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@SCGB insider, so your point is that Snowheads is a more lively forum than the Ski Club chat forum! Well spotted.
I've been a Ski Club member for a few years but only rarely check out the forum, Snowheads is obviously far more lively and I would imagine is established as the 'go to' ski forum for those interested in such things.
As a Ski Club member I don't see much point in them investing too much time or money in pushing the chat forum.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Ray Zorro, see 2nd post on this page ! snowHead
ski holidays
ansta1 wrote:
I don't know the wording around DG's original exclusion, it may well have had the word 'permanent' or 'don't cross this threshold again you twit'.

The SCGB's official letter of expulsion for David Goldsmith (30 September 2013) certainly did not contain any personal abuse. It was not a permanent expulsion - no period of expulsion was specified. The basis of that expulsion is disputed, in terms of the Ski Club of Great Britain Rules (which were not followed), as distinct from the Articles of Association of Ski Club of Great Britain Ltd (which were cited to execute the expulsion).

However, since a new membership has been granted, the non-permanent expulsion of September 2013 has been reversed.
latest report
Ray Zorro wrote:
Shall we have a sweepstake on how long it will be before SCGB insider becomes SCGB kicked outside (again).

SCGB seem rather inefficient, so he may well make it to the AGM.

I think it more likely that Mr. G will end up nailing his 95 theses to door of the Wimbledon SCGB clubhouse like a latter day Martin Luther.

The AGMs always used to be interesting. Both Mr. G. And Mr. Aitken were very well behaved but Mr. Gs long list of questions never really got answered. The club did not even plead commercial confidence which would have been a useful tactic. They just ignored the questions.

There was considerable harrumphing which always amused me; but I don't think the old buffers responsible are the type to post on the Internet. Lots of posh people in attendance - Sebastian Red-Trousers - etc. Most of them were very nice people.
snow report
Scrumpy wrote:
"Morning (Scrumpy),

Frank"

This would now appear to have a ring of authenticity to it, because:

David Goldsmith has also received a negative email from the SCGB today, asserting that he "tried to join" the Club yesterday. This is, of course, incorrect and disingenuous since the (quite unsolicited) membership offer was made by the SCGB itself. Because his expulsion of September 2013 was not time-specified or permanent, it would be a valid interpretation that the membership offer yesterday signalled that the expulsion had expired.

It is obviously important that those in the SCGB inner circle do not gain the impression - conveyed by Scrumpy's posting - that DG 'applied' to join or "tried to join". The initiative to have him as a member again was taken by the SCGB alone.

It is yet to be resolved whether a membership number is sent to DG today. That was promised for today (in the email confirmation of yesterday), as was the processing of his direct debit within 3 days.
snow conditions
@SCGB insider, it does not have a "ring of authenticity" it is authentic. Why would I have bothered to copy & paste the e-mail otherwise? I have no ulterior motives.

Speaking of which, can you please explain WHY you wish to be a member of a Club which you despise so much? I'm sure many people here, members or not, would love to know this.
snow conditions
@Scrumpy, if you have "no ulterior motives", then why did you dob CG in??????
snow report
Quote:

it would be a valid interpretation that the membership offer yesterday signalled that the expulsion had expired.

Id be more inclined to think that it was an administration error resulting from a data base produced email. You obviously dont want to admit to that.
ski holidays
next time...

find all the david goldsmiths in the country (dave gorman style), and persuade them all to join at the same time

or persuade lots of people to all change their name by deed poll and do the same

there could be much fun. certainly more fun than spoil sports.
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
I'd be more inclined to think that it was an administration error resulting from a data base produced email.

Quite. Or in other words the SCGB right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing! Toofy Grin (Which incidentally is not ideal behaviour in what one might hope were accomplished skiers..... Laughing )
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Id be more inclined to think that it was an administration error resulting from a data base produced email.

Perhaps many people would assume that explanation, but it is certainly not the SCGB's.
Perhaps you should request a copy of the email sent by their HQ to David Goldsmith at 12.24 today. He is quite happy for you to see it. As reported above, it asserts that DG "tried to join" and says nothing about an error at all.
snow report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Id be more inclined to think that it was an administration error resulting from a data base produced email.

Still makes them look incompetent, though! Laughing
ski holidays
If the SCGB sent him an email inviting him to join and they then refuse to accept him joining they will look like a bunch of incompetent morons. They ! sent the invite so any grievance on their part is deemed over by the issuing of said invite to join.
Once they process payment then they have accepted his membership and to then withdraw said membership will add so much weight to DG's campaign against the SCGB or certain members of SCGB. Never mind the SCGB breaching a contract without just cause.
snow conditions
Scrumpy wrote:
@SCGB insider, it does not have a "ring of authenticity" it is authentic.

It is authentic to the extent that the message is apparently intact, but you have obscured your identity. 'Scrumpy' may be an 'authentic' name in your terms, but it is quite significant to this narrative that you continue to hide your true identity.
Bear in mind that the SCGB holds an electronic record of the email you received, and you also hold that record. The information given to you is not correct (see below).

Scrumpy wrote:
Why would I have bothered to copy & paste the e-mail otherwise?

To convey the impression that "Mr Goldsmith’s application was rejected". Mr Goldsmith never made an application - he accepted an offer.

Scrumpy wrote:
I have no ulterior motives.

Given your posting history, it would appear that all postings made by 'Scrumpy' have one motive, and it is an ulterior one.
latest report
@SCGB insider, So your real name is SCGB insider?

You accepted an offer to apply for SCGB membership...it doesnt mean they have to accept that application.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
speed098 wrote:
Once they process payment then they have accepted his membership

Please note the heading of the email pasted in full yesterday in plain text. It has the heading "Your payment receipt", emphasised in bold. These are the exact first 7 lines of the email:

Quote:
Dear David,

Thank you for joining the Ski Club of Great Britain.

Your payment receipt

Name David Goldsmith
Membership number Your membership number will be emailed to you on the next working day
Payment for Ski Club Membership: Individual
Payment ref XXX-XXXXXXXX

The full email in plain text:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=94856&start=3400#2646580

NB - the transmission heading of the email is "Ski Club membership confirmation"

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 7-01-15 20:17; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@Shimmy Alcott, If SCGB insider, Quote on page 86 of this thread at 21:45 is accurate then they have accepted his membership. The only thing that could stop it is a failed debit on his account.
They would be best now allowing his membership even if sent in error and keeping a close eye on his comments re the club. If he breaches the T&C then they would have grounds given his past expulsion to suspend his membership with immediate effect pending a disciplinary and if found guilty expel him from the club and remove all contact details from the computer system, so no emails could be sent in error in the future.
ski holidays
@speed098, I genuinely dont know but if no money has changed hand/been received...has the membership been accepted?
snow conditions
@SCGB insider,

It takes a few days for the payment to be fully processed even though it may show immediately in the SCGB account. If he had insufficient funds or there was unusual activity on his account the bank could reverse the payment ( depends on type of account payment method etc something I do not know or want to know the details of ).
I was saying what I did as it would not be a case of the SCGB refusing his membership but an issue on DG's part so no blame could be attached to the SCGB in that case.
latest report
Offer - Yes
Acceptance - Yes
Consideration - Yes

In my limited knowledge of contract law DG should be a member unless he breaches the Club's T&C's.

Where is TTT when you need him Puzzled
snow report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
@speed098, I genuinely dont know but if no money has changed hand/been received...has the membership been accepted?

If the email quoted above is accurate then there is a written agreement by the SCGB accepting his membership even if payment is pending.
They have accepted only a reversed payment can stop his membership without the SCGB looking very stupid.
snow conditions
David Goldsmith can confirm that his bank account (which also has an overdraft facility) is good for a payment of £31.50, and that all past payments to the Ski Club of Great Britain from that account (going back to 1987) have been smooth.

In his initial phase of membership - from 1962 for approximately 9 years - he was a child in a family SCGB membership.
ski holidays
@speed098,
Quote:

only a reversed payment can stop his membership without the SCGB looking very stupid.

well, that might not be a first
snow report
@SCGB insider, I don't think you need to go into details such as if DG's account has an overdraft facility, I have no reason to doubt what you have printed but equally I have not had the email sent direct to me from the SCGB so as such anyone commenting on such has to edge it with the clause that "if it is accurate".
snow conditions
I still don't get the need for the new sock and all the talk in the 3rd party. Insider is David Goldsmith and everyone is aware of that.

Are we not adults. Oh scrub that bit.
snow conditions
speed098 wrote:
@SCGB insider,
If he had insufficient funds or there was unusual activity on his account the bank could reverse the payment

The bank (Barclays) could also collapse, or the four horsemen of the apocalpyse could destroy the electronic banking system.

It is, perhaps, more important to point out that contract law obliges the SCGB, having confirmed the membership, to process his direct debit in 3 days. It has failed so far, by not transmitting his membership number today - as promised.
This is purely a contractual matter.

speed098 wrote:
I have not had the email sent direct to me from the SCGB so as such anyone commenting on such has to edge it with the clause that "if it is accurate".

For anyone genuinely interested in seeing the email, arrangements will be made in due course. Or the Ski Club of Great Britain can confirm that it has been pasted accurately. The key points are, once again, "Ski Club membership confirmation" (in the email transmission header) and "Your payment receipt" (the text heading).

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 7-01-15 20:42; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@ansta1, didnt the new sock appear about 10 minutes after he said he was off for a break?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy