Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski Club of Great Britain chat forum

Poster: A snowHead
@Tinwhistle, How would you know about me? Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tinwhistle wrote:
I expect most people here hide beside false identities and wouldn't actually provide face to face feedback to those they criticise. Cowardly behaviour and actually quite rude.

Ever since this forum began ... and it was a forum fenomenon well before that ... anonymity has been part of the deal. It has a perfectly acceptable role in writing, and always has had Everyone from Charles Dickens downwards has used pseudonyms to say things they wouldn't necessarily say under their real name. And it offers protection for whistleblowers saying perfectly honest things, etc. etc.

However ... the other side of anonymity is the one Tinwhistle refers to ... the one practised by SCGB director Gerry Aitken (for example, keeping this relevant to the subject at hand).

Gerry Aitken would be well advised, at this moment of transition to a New Year, to make a clean breast of things:

1. Gerry needs to confess to being PJSki. Or offer an explanation more viable than ...
See ... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=94856&start=1680#2331995
See ... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=94856&start=1680#2331111

Gerry Aitken tried to cover his tracks by immediately adjusting the privacy settings of his Facebook ...
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=94856&start=1720#2332143
PJ Ski then tried to cover his tracks with the following ...
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=94856&start=1720#2333776

Weird, or what? So PJSki said that " ... on a closed Ski Club group within the Facebook community, someone shared that Karl Pilkington helmet safety video, along with the comment that 'Karl is as stupid as Goldsmith'."
Maybe time for that "someone" to reveal themself. Or for Gerry to fess up? And for PJSki to reveal how he knows what goes on in "closed Ski Club groups".

Everyone I know in this community says that Gerry Aitken = 'Gerry' = 'PJSki' = 'Tim Brown' [all his apparent snowHeads usernames]. And the Winterhighland community seem convinced that Gerry Aitken = 'Pippin' [on the Winterhighland forum]

2. Gerry needs to confess to pursuing nasty long-term vendettas against real-name individuals, in the same way that PJSki does.

3. Gerry needs to confess to his motives in pursuing all this activity (for about 12 years now). Is it all about 'maintaining a lifestyle'? An expenses-paid SCGB lifestyle?

What Gerry said (March 2013) ...

"At least I'm trustworthy and loyal. I don't claim a penny in expenses, either as a Council member or for Leading in resort and my feedback is always well above average."

Any feedback from Gerry welcome!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 1-01-15 14:06; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

Meanwhile ... a dramatic New Year resolution (right) ...

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/membersonly/snowtalk/discussion.aspx/The-Ski-Club?discussionID=15025&page=2#.VKVExMlCjQo

And here's a prediction for 2015: the Ski Club of Great Britain becomes ungovernable
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A very Happy New Year to everyone here - except Tragedy Goldsmith of course, who revels in being unhappy at all times as far as I can see. I can't really tell you what I wish for him in polite company.

And as for vendettas Mr G - pot, kettle and black are the words which leap to mind.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Happy New Year, Scrumpy. Hope you had something drinkable last night, rather than smelly apple juice.

To put your worried mind at ease, I was working on one of London's largest NYE parties last night with about 5000 in da house and much revelry in 8 music zones ... and 10 mins outside to watch the Eye erupt in fireworks. This was quite a happy night's work, concluded at 3.30am.

Scrumpy wrote:
... who revels in being happy at all times ...

Fixed it for you, though only a fantasist would claim to be happy at all times. Optimism is the more important emotion.

I'm optimistic of a good outcome to this wretched SCGB saga in 2015. It'll depend on a core of people finally throwing in the towel. They're a disgrace to British skiing - the whole bloody lot of them.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As a keen and active skier with Scgb as well as snowheads I take exception to being called a disgrace. Maybe a good time for you to live and let live and move on?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tin Whistle also known as a Penny Whistle.

Listed as a hobby of a SCGB leader. Coincidence, new user name, or simply being set up?

It really is time for people to move on though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@On the rocks,
+1!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
people here moved on years ago.

sadly every so often, *someone* tries to stir things up again, often with a first post.

nice try.

anyway... i'm off to sort out ski gear ready for the first ski trip with several rude cowards that ski like a disgrace, from off of here rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
andy wrote:
people here moved on years ago.

sadly every so often, *someone* tries to stir things up again, often with a first post.

nice try.

anyway... i'm off to sort out ski gear ready for the first ski trip with several rude cowards that ski like a disgrace, from off of here rolling eyes

Well, Comedy Goldsmith is not exactly calming it down. Let them be in peace in the dark ages. wink

I don't know that skiclub, but am quite happy here on snowheads. snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hyst wrote:
Well, Comedy Goldsmith is not exactly calming it down. Let them be in peace in the dark ages. wink

There is no peace for the wicked.

'Live and let live' is a very fine maxim in life, but you wouldn't believe the human misery generated by the SCGB over the decades I've been involved. The fine people I've known who've worked - and put their hearts and souls into it - for that organisation ... only to find their dreams and achievements shattered. These are the people that actually built the Ski Club of Great Britain, as distinct from those who exploit it and diminish it.

Altruism was finished at the SCGB a long long time ago. In the 21st century it's a nest of jolly jolly-blaggers ... a gravy train that departs Gatwick weekly ... an unbelievably unproductive organisation, kept afloat by freeloaders.

It's time to blow the (penny) whistle.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I know that this seems to go on 'ad infinitum' but I do tend to side with CG, sometimes someone needs to highlight failings to force change, Ive seen similar behind doors dealings in a few sports ive been involved in, and whilst not exactly a whistleblower ( Toofy Grin ) at least CG is raising the issue that some would seem to want swept under the proverbial carpet. HNY all wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

ou wouldn't believe the human misery generated by the SCGB

Oh please. 'Human misery' is what you get in places like Syria. Get some perspective.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard wrote:
'Human misery' is what you get in places like Syria.

Thank you. Don't expect a career opportunity with Syria Tourism.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

Oh please. 'Human misery' is what you get in places like Syria. Get some perspective.

+1
ski holidays
[quote="Comedy Goldsmith"], but you wouldn't believe the human misery generated by the SCGB over the decades I've been involved.

- not a tiny fraction of the misery caused by Tragedy Goldsmith to the council, staff and other members of the club I can assure you!

Also you are NOT involved.

You are a not a member,

Mind your own business.
snow report
Also Mr G - I was also on the South Bank on NYE - dancing centre stage at the Dorfman ! Then a quiet dinner, a walk over the Millenium bridge and off to a house party with friends.

I'm sure your family were quite happy for you to be busy all night.
ski holidays
Tinwhistle wrote:
I expect most people here hide beside false identities and wouldn't actually provide face to face feedback to those they criticise. Cowardly behaviour and actually quite rude.

What is more offensive: "We don't trust our ambassadors to be able to provide a snow report, even after training." or "Surely the ambassadors are more than capable of providing snow reports once given some basic guidelines?" - if I was an ambassador I know which I would find more insulting, jolly or no jolly.

I never write something on the internet that I wouldn't say face to face (or to a meeting like an AGM...) because frankly the chances are that I will meet a fair percentage of the other people posting in any given thread.

I think the thing that many of us find quite astonishing is the number of things that clearly have been said face to face by the leadership of the SCGB and which are now being posted on the internet.
snow report
achilles wrote:
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

+1

+2 and why attempt to "put down" Lizzard's quite obvious comment Mr G? You just never know when to stop do you?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 2-01-15 17:17; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@Mistress Panda, I have avoided ever speaking directly to DG (I saw him at a few SCGB AGMs) as he is as impossible to argue with in real life as on here.
Have you ever met him? heard him speak ? He always ignores anyone's view that does not coincide with his own - i.e. about 98% at a rough estimate - (one might be able to agree that it is wet outside if everyone walks in with umbrellas dripping......)

As before, I am simply a SCGB member and the Ski Club has had to fight this millstone around it's neck for years and years.
latest report
@Scrumpy, instead what I see is a club which has failed in addressing a millstone around its neck for years and years.

I am struggling with how you have avoided ever speaking directly to someone and yet have formed an opinion on what it is like to argue with them. Perhaps if a few more people in the club addressed him and his agenda directly threads like this one and the continuing scrutiny of club business would not be a problem any more.

The major issue as I see it, is that behind all the noise, bluster and complicated route to making a point, there is a grain of truth in much of what he says. The club could, of course, choose to fix those things. Or they could try and silence their critics through other means. Given that the internet exists, I'd have thought the sensible route is probably to fix some of the issues raised or at least provide facts and details to counter arguments that they evidently believe are not credible.
ski holidays
What a load of offensive cock from Scrumpy.

I've done a huge volume of journalistic work for the SCGB (1984-1994 etc.), as principal writer - equipment, innovations, technology, humour etc. etc. etc. - of a team which took the Club's magazine from a newsstand circulation of 3000 to 12,000. I've recruited SCGB members at ski shows, in volunteered free time, and done a considerable amount of promotional copywriting on SCGB membership campaigns.

Right now, in 2015, the SCGB magazine has zero newsstand sales, because it's been removed from sale.

I was elected to the SCGB Council in a competitive election, winning a high vote - in what sense does this comprise being viewed as a "millstone"?

The fact that the SCGB has a millstone around its neck is its own affair, introspection and massive money-wasting - nothing to do with me (Official Bogeyman) whatsoever. Get real and reasonable.

What have you done for the Ski Club of Great Britain, Scrumpy? Did you quaff free drinks at all those SCGB AGMs, at the expense of members who couldn't attend?
Or did you (like me) pay the barperson for those drinkies?
snow report
Quote:

Right now, in 2015, the SCGB magazine has zero newsstand sales, because it's been removed from sale.

Sensible move - nobody under the age of 100 buys paper magazines any more. Wakey wakey, grandad.
ski holidays
they still owe me one... still waiting.
maybe I'll receive it when I'm 100, end eligible for such a media format
snow report
Quote:

nobody under the age of 100 buys paper magazines any more.

Yet, here sits my copy of 'Whitelines' in Classic roll-upable-and-whomp-a-wasp format. Try THAT with yer fondleslab!
latest report
Tinwhistle wrote:

I'll have one guess.... rolling eyes
latest report
@Comedy Goldsmith, and then you started sniping at everything the Club did which you did not agree with. I do not know when the arguments and disagreements started - just that it seemed to be well under way 10-11 years ago when I first went "on-line". Since then you have taken every opportunity to undermine the Club - negating completely all of the "good works" you so obligingly tell us all about at every opportunity.

@Mistress Panda, I did stand at the edge of one or two conversations/discussions DG was having with other people but they were people who knew more about the topics under discussion than I. I think that I did speak in the AGM "open discussion" sessions a couple of times to rebut his assertions/ arguments - or put an alternative member's point of view - but did not speak to him directly.
snow report
'Mistress panda' and 'comedy goldsmith', have you considered setting up an alternative real life ski club? Then you too could gain personally from any benefits. I'm definitely not a ski club leader but I do think they provide a service which, as with many services, is easy to criticise but difficult to deliver.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Winterhighland wrote:

I'd wager it's the same as mine Laughing
snow conditions
maggi wrote:
Winterhighland wrote:

I'd wager it's the same as mine Laughing

Give us a clue Puzzled
snow report
@Tinwhistle, not sure how to break this to you, but you are posting on the the forum of my ski club, I guess DG's club too, if he considers it to be. And I get massively more out of it than I put in, indeed I am not aware of a benefit in this club that I am not getting.
ski holidays
Just to clarify, I was referring to a club where live humans ski together, rather than writing about skiing.
snow conditions
it says ski club up there, and i ski with, erm... "lots" of people off here that write about skiing. I think they are real live humans.
ski holidays
@Tinwhistle, I've probably met about 400 snowheads, and skied with at least 100. And we are fairly new to the club. You either don't understand snowheads or this is fairly transparent trolling.
snow report
given the first post about false identies, I can only assume he changed his name to t. inwhistle (or tim whistle, but naff at typing) by deed poll (either before or after creating that alias) ?

//troll

ditto re: 400+ users of this forum. might even be 500. there was significantly more than 100 on the last trip (well technically the one before that, since most never made it on the last one), and I've skied or dined with almost every single one for at least a run. so I call it a club. 100% bona fide ski club. with real life skiers that ski together.
ski holidays
Tinwhistle wrote:
Just to clarify, I was referring to a club where live humans ski together, rather than writing about skiing.

Oh well no point checking the SCGB write ups on resorts with that attitude as they must be a decade or two out of date wink
snow conditions
What is a troll? And I'm female (last time I checked). I honestly didn't realise you skied together so I do apologise if I upset you.
snow report
Tinwhistle, seriously? "What is a troll?" You funny: me like you.

And now Scrumpy has descended to the Gerry Aitken style of abuse, I think it's time for a refresh on the popcorn.

I don't know CG, never met the man. I've never joined the SCGB. I don't know if his points are valid or not.
However the reaction of the SCGB representatives would suggest he's got a point.

You fellas/ladies really need to learn how to react on-line, and not end up looking like total Wallys. Again.

Bless.
ski holidays

Gerry's New Year resolution ...

... didn't last very long.

N.B. Just to reassure regular readers: neither I nor any thread I'm involved with has been bitten by an infected dog.

Gerry - "creative writer" - is believed to be using the 'alternative meaning of 'rabid'.

See next posting.

------------------------------------

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/membersonly/snowtalk/discussion.aspx/The-Ski-Club?discussionID=15025&page=2#.VKd2yslCjQo [source of first paste, right]
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/membersonly/snowtalk/discussion.aspx/Skiing-And-Snowboarding-general?discussionID=15011#.VKa3H8lCjQo [source of second paste, right]

SCGB director Gerry Aitken ... "creative writer" ...
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/user/profile.aspx/gerry-aitken-1#.VKd3GslCjQo

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 3-01-15 6:14; edited 2 times in total
latest report

Another rabid posting

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy