Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski Club of Great Britain chat forum

Poster: A snowHead
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
PJSki, safe to say I dont do SH ring licking - Im sure admin has an effigy of me and its not of the blow up kind!

Oh, oh, oh +1, +1! Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
PJSki, safe to say I dont do SH ring licking - Im sure admin has an effigy of me and its not of the blow up kind!

OK Shocked there's an image even I'm wanting to forget
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andy wrote:
Can we have a technicoloUr ranking system here too,

No. SnowHeads has its own classification system, courtesy of Axsman, here and below it, a helpful guide from horizon.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
blimey that brings back memories.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andy, it always makes me laugh.

(OHOH, so did the thread about SKGB's holiday ratings. Monty Pythonesque or what? Laughing )
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
maggi wrote:
andy wrote:
Can we have a technicoloUr ranking system here too,

No. SnowHeads has its own classification system, courtesy of Axsman, here and below it, a helpful guide from horizon.

Being relatively late to the SnowHeads party I hadn't seen that before Toofy Grin

Y'see that's where the SCGB go wrong (apart from not getting the internet) - they've forgotten that the "B" stands for "taking the pιss out of yourself"
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
--

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 11-01-13 0:43; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
--

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 11-01-13 0:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Comedy Goldsmith ....Maybe people just changed their nicknames, and the forum software picked that up?
Same happens on snowheads - when my username on snowheads changed to "Tomahawk Tone" from "TJon", all my old postings showed me under the new name.

On the other hand ..... ....yes! admin is deliberately adjusting my snowheads postings for his own nefarious ends. Just like the SCGB. It all makes sense now!!
Why was I so naive!!!

( gawd forgive me for getting dragged into this... rolling eyes )
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Comedy Goldsmith, a ufikgnic ilfe gte .. do re-arrange old boy.

You have so much to offer but do you really think more than ten of us can be bothered to work out the inferences? Of those ten , zero, zilc, h are influencers over those you wish to change.

Id love to hear how your attempts at being re-admitted are going.

PS .. Feel sorry for your kids ..
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
--

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 11-01-13 0:42; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
--

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 11-01-13 0:42; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Comedy Goldsmith, I can offer nothing .. a life (for you, your wife and kids) has to come from you.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
Agenterre wrote:
Comedy Goldsmith, a ufikgnic ilfe gte

I've got a f*cking wife.

Lucking U. It's usually the first thing they stop doing. Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
--

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 11-01-13 0:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
Agenterre wrote:
Comedy Goldsmith, I can offer nothing .. a life (for you, your wife and kids) has to come from you.

Coming from a "Fighter for Truth, Freedom and Equality", I guess that must be true.
In addition to family and marital guidance, do you do group psychology for passengers on doomed ships?

FWIW .. you misquoted the whole ( so you are obviously a journo) ie I look after myself / my own first.

Your obtuse reference to boating is just that ... obtuse.
ski holidays
--

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 11-01-13 0:42; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
Agenterre wrote:

Coming from a "Fighter for Truth, Freedom and Equality", I guess that must be true.
In addition to family and marital guidance, do you do group psychology for passengers on doomed ships?

Okay, who here thinks he's finally lost it? {Puts own hand up}
snow report
ive just heard that someone has just uploaded a link to this thread on the scgb forum .. Puzzled
latest report
limegreen1, what's the point of that. Imean,who will see it?
ski holidays
--

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 11-01-13 0:41; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
????? err, .......
snow report
MY GOD! we're back to bottom sniffing and growling rolling eyes

To all intents and purposes the SCGB forum is a floating corpse and no amount of chest thumping to either the victim or by the observer is going to revive it. Just let it decompose quietly and get on with making this growing midden . . . sorry, glowing beacon of sliding enthusiasm . . . THE place for all things recreational in our sport.

Might want a bit of a facelift if we do that, but this is already the no1 site for all queries snow related.

I'm sure that Dadmin has lots of developments planned here for the future in terms of functionality and trip organising where we might create a personal booking form template and diary for snowheads preparing a non-bash trip. Could even be searchable for peeps wanting specific dates or locations to join in with.

So much more can be added here to inter the self-inflicted, mortally wounded but venerable old club into the Wimbledon nursing home it already occupies . . . and there let it reside the remainder of its days in peaceful and quiet contemplation of its own stupidity for MO day.
snow conditions
--

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 11-01-13 0:41; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Masque, well said.
latest report
Please give us an update on posts ?
latest report
The weird thing is that this thread compels me to go and have a look every now and then. rolling eyes Embarassed
snow report
Smokin Joe wrote:
Please give us an update on posts ?

Hourly. Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Masque wrote:
Well I've had a wander around the august, vaulted and strangely scented halls of the SCGB's forums and they have all the activity and allure of watching a dog turd turn white . . . which may explain the odour . . . that or the neighbour's cat has left another pressie behind the sofa Evil or Very Mad

You say more about yourself than you do about the people you insult with posts like that.
snow report
I think the overwhelming smell is of mothballs. The equivalent smell in musical London is to be found in Wigmore Hall. As everyone who knows me is aware, I have no problem with that. wink
snow conditions
richjp wrote:
Masque wrote:
Well I've had a wander around the august, vaulted and strangely scented halls of the SCGB's forums and they have all the activity and allure of watching a dog turd turn white . . . which may explain the odour . . . that or the neighbour's cat has left another pressie behind the sofa Evil or Very Mad

You say more about yourself than you do about the people you insult with posts like that.

+1, at least Masque's location appears to be accurate
ski holidays
richjp, tongue in cheek and the cat had left me another present . . . however the Club forum is a zombie and the the turd has/had more life in it rolling eyes

However your pearl clutching indicates you are a sensitive soul, may I suggest you gird your loins with stronger panties . . . Gore Tex gusset? . . . they may protect you from wetting yer'sen with the stress of reading my dross.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 5-01-13 18:15; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Masque wrote:
tongue in cheek

Keep lickin' mate. Laughing
snow report
hmmm the thread that refuses to die.

damn - even i'm contributing to its immortality
snow conditions
--

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 11-01-13 0:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith, can we have a post update please.....I won't be able to sleep otherwise.
snow conditions
--

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 11-01-13 0:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith,
Quote:

I've been chat upon enough times on this thread

Laughing Laughing
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith, those snow reports remind me of the old BBC Ceefax pages, which used to use exactly those phrases over and over again.
snow conditions
Reading and re-reading 'wax up your skis' has a greater level of interest than this thread. It (this thread) does nevertheless have the compelling fascination of watching a slow motion train crash
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy