Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski Club of Great Britain chat forum

Poster: A snowHead
Comedy Goldsmith, it is your battle for "truth", a battle that no-one seems to care about as it is more embroiled with power struggles rather than any right or wrong.

Seems to me the best thing the Ski Club can do is to let itself die a dignified death - its way beyond resuscitation.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just read through some of this thread.

That's an hour of my life I won't get back.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shimmy Alcott, good grief woman, if you don't want to see the car crash, take a different road . . . the longer it lasts the more ridiculouse(sic) the TeaClubUK becomes. Just how many mouth breathing, brain froth, cretins can Wimbledon produce?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm a paid up member of SCGB and Snowheads. This thread has recently shatttered any vestige of its cedibility and reason to exist. I am very tempted to cancel my subs to both organisations but for the time being at least still hold out some faint hope for redemption in having some fun going skiing with them.

Close it now and let's all enjoy the forthcoming 50 year winter's skiing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
emwmarine wrote:
That's an hour of my life I won't get back.

Not necessarily. Some people find this a life-enhancing experience.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Comedy Goldsmith,
Scrumpy, no you used the phrase "I actually work for a firm of London solicitors" to adorn your remarks with some sort of respectability.

-no I said that to stop you thinking that I might work for SCGB.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Comedy Goldsmith, Quote:

I work for Southbank Centre (since February 2008).

- I had understood that to be an unpaid position
Apologies if I was wrong.........

I don't believe you have replied to this yet David.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scrumpy, you wanna see his P60 or something? WTF?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I honestly think that the SCGB would find it worth it to employ DG somehow in pursuit of him signing some kind of agreement that prevents him from going online to discuss the affairs of the SCGB. Because frankly there just seems to be so many things that keep coming on this thread that trying to argue with DG on this subject is almost like pinning jelly to a wall - just when you think you've covered the bases, he has another interesting area to probe (fnar) that makes the SCGB seem even less in touch and capable than they seemed to be.

At the start of this thread, it might have been possible for me to consider joining the SCGB if they could explain in any detail what the benefits of membership would be (vs what one can get here, for free) but I think now we are starting to see the true colours of some of the less pleasant members of the club, in the face of what was early on fairly reasonable criticism - of course over time with provocation DG has become more vociferous in his criticism, and now it seems to have turned personal against him and for some reason there is an odd mention of his wife for some reason, who no doubt probably has very little interest in the matter.

If nothing else, the continued discussion between SCGB members, DG, and the rest of us, is doing exactly what the SCGB must be desperate to avoid - traffic on SH, less traffic on SCGB, except the light of negativity shines only on DG as an individual, but on the whole SCGB as its representatives continue to post.

It is going to start snowing properly soon. Must be time for the new leaders course. I wonder what they will talk about over dinner each evening...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller wrote:
Scrumpy, you wanna see his P60 or something? WTF?

http://youtube.com/v/dyqcZMsBOU4
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scrumpy, before I answer your question, consider the following:

There are many many people in this world who do extremely valuable work for nothing, some of which might save your life one day. Whether someone is paid in their employment doesn't define whether they are "employable" or "unemployable".

Actually, for that reason I'm not going to answer your sodding question. Come and see me work, if you want, and decide if I'm "employable". Or ask one of the managers I've worked for for 6 years.

Your rudeness above was unbelievable. Was I correct to surmise that you're a member of the Ski Club of Great Britain (which is the subject of this thread, rather than any particular individual)?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mistress Panda wrote:
At the start of this thread...

... was the greatest example of out-of-touchness in history and the reason for the 50+ pages and 100,000+ views and nearly a year of the wrong kind of PR all discoverable via a Google search for all the world to see. What amazes me most is that they keep the pot boiling.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

PJSki, maybe you should try and leave this Earth having tried to make it a better place.

I suspect the very act of the respondent leaving this Earth would have an improving effect.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mistress Panda,
Quote:

we are starting to see the true colours of some of the less pleasant members of the club,

Well spotted.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bode Swiller, agreed. Keeping the pot boiling almost perfectly sums it up. I just don't get why they would engage, other than the sheer arrogance of believing that they were somehow going to outwit DG somehow. Which they haven't done, largely because picking holes in the SCGB seems to be like shooting fish in a barrel for him.
latest report
Comedy Goldsmith,
I think you just answered the question in your usual manner - thus please withdraw your allegation of libel - it was obvious that I was referring to paid employment rather than a means of occupying yourself.

BTW, I have seen you at the SBC - I walk in the opposite direction each time !
latest report
I just pop my skateboard helmet on, safe in the knowledge he will not talk to me.
ski holidays
Filthyphil30k wrote:
I just pop my skateboard helmet on, safe in the knowledge he will not talk to me.

Make sure you have your shoe-laces tied. He might think you've got an avalanche cord Wink
latest report
Scrumpy, I reckon he would withdraw it in exchange for confirmation if you are a SCGB member or not... Smile
snow report
Admin must be lovin' the traffic on the "New Ski Club of Great Britain Chat Forum"

ski holidays
Mistress Panda wrote:
Bode Swiller, agreed. Keeping the pot boiling almost perfectly sums it up. I just don't get why they would engage, other than the sheer arrogance of believing that they were somehow going to outwit DG somehow. Which they haven't done, largely because picking holes in the SCGB seems to be like shooting fish in a barrel for him.

Admin's opinion of Goldsmith:

Quote:
Perhaps it does look like bullying in the playground but sometimes watching the playground for a while you'll see one kid going around sticking his nose into other kids games and trying to take them over, telling them what to do - or just spoiling. The more considerate kids try to help him see how he's only going to get himself the wrong sort of attention but he ignores them or insults them or says he just doesn't care what they think so in the end, everyone just thinks he's a prat! You see, some people just are not satisfied until they get themselves bullied - strange but true rolling eyes

Goldsmith is a PITA who brings out the worst in some people because he's just an back bottom to deal with. He presents his opinions as facts, has a habit of making things up to fit his agenda and will often evade any questions put to him. He is the very definition of 'do as I say, not as I do'.
snow report
Scrumpy wrote:
Comedy Goldsmith,
I think you just answered the question in your usual manner - thus please withdraw your allegation of libel - it was obvious that I was referring to paid employment rather than a means of occupying yourself.

For pity's sake - why not go and find the damned answer yourself, if it's so important to you and your precious view of whether someone is "employable"? Yes, Southbank Centre is a first-rate employer which contracts its front-of-house employees on a paid basis. And - yes - to describe me as "unemployable", as fact, as you did, is prima facie libel. And to lump that in with the rest of the garbage makes it worse.

Scrumpy wrote:

BTW, I have seen you at the SBC - I walk in the opposite direction each time !

That's a problem if you're trying to get into an auditorium.
snow conditions
Mistress Panda wrote:
Scrumpy, I reckon he would withdraw it in exchange for confirmation if you are a SCGB member or not... Smile

He won't withdraw it, he uses inferred threats of legal action like a mugger uses a knife.
ski holidays
God, but this thread is tedious.
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:
Comedy Goldsmith,

For pity's sake - why not go and find the damned answer yourself, if it's so important to you and your precious view of whether someone is "employable"? Yes, Southbank Centre is a first-rate employer which contracts its front-of-house employees on a paid basis. And - yes - to describe me as "unemployable", as fact, as you did, is prima facie libel. And to lump that in with the rest of the garbage makes it worse.

Typical! Too overblown and arrogant to deal with the fact that someone is of the opinion that you wouldn't make a good employee.

What you going to do about then? Just huff and buff as normal? Invite scrumpy to central London?
snow conditions
boy am I glad I got evicted just shy of 10 years ago.
saved me the effort of deciding whether or not to upgrade that mag sub.
snow report
Scrumpy, I've answered your question (it's OK - I never sue!). Now it's your turn:

Are you a member of the Ski Club of Great Britain?
snow conditions
PJSki wrote:
Mistress Panda wrote:

He won't withdraw it, he uses inferred threats of legal action like a mugger uses a knife.

Hate to break it to you, but until Scrumpy confirms either way, and we see what happens, you can't really argue that point.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Member or not, it doesn't mean he represents the club any more than he represents SH
snow report
feef, nobody asked if he was a spokesperson for anybody, we (me included now) are just curious about whether he/she is a member or not. Clearly they are a member here too. But I like getting to the bottom of a question when someone is evasive about details.
ski holidays
feef wrote:
Member or not, it doesn't mean he represents the club any more than he represents SH

Goldsmith always demands the identity of anyone who opposes him and, likewise, demands anonymity for anyone on his side.
snow conditions
PJSki, not sure anyone is on his side. Just lots of interested spectators. Spectators are entitled to anonymity, those using an invented identity to argue on behalf of an organisation (or against an individual criticising an organisation) probably aren't, or at least their opinion probably carries less weight as a result. Nobody has asked Scrumpy what their real name is, they have just asked whether he/she is a member of the SCGB.

At some point I guess I am joining in and therefore you are entitled to know who I am. I will happily tell you just as soon as you confirm the same. I can't be bothered to dig through and find out whether you actually are who DG claims you are.
latest report
PJSki wrote:
he uses inferred threats of legal action like a mugger uses a knife.

His grasp of simile appears to be somewhat better than yours - perhaps you should employ him?
latest report
I'm calling supernanny .….... Beware the naughty step you two ! 🚼
snow conditions
Mistress Panda wrote:
PJSki, not sure anyone is on his side. Just lots of interested spectators. Spectators are entitled to anonymity, those using an invented identity to argue on behalf of an organisation (or against an individual criticising an organisation) probably aren't, or at least their opinion probably carries less weight as a result. Nobody has asked Scrumpy what their real name is, they have just asked whether he/she is a member of the SCGB.

Goldsmith did that some time back.
ski holidays
limegreen1 wrote:
I'm calling supernanny .….... Beware the naughty step you two ! 🚼

You can bet your life Goldsmith will be on his front step waiting for the postie. Laughing
ski holidays
This is really good cure for insomnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
ski holidays
PJSki wrote:
You can bet your life Goldsmith will be on his front step waiting for the postie. Laughing
Mad

I am sure there is something decidedly odd about people who laugh at their own alleged jokes, particularly in the written form.
latest report
mcspreader, you woke yourself up wink
ski holidays
PJSki wrote:
Mistress Panda wrote:

Grammatical query: In this case do you actually mean "inferred" or do you mean "implied"? Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy