Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski Club of Great Britain chat forum

Poster: A snowHead
geoffers wrote:
Quote:

.....certainly utterly unemployable and of very little value....

He appears to be writing a "substantial" book on the Lewes avalanche in 1836 Smile

Self-published most likely.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bode Swiller wrote:
PJSki wrote:
Have a read of this from admin:

Written in 2006. Seven years ago. Things have probably moved on?

Not really, he's still a snivelling, precious little shiote.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

He appears to be writing a "substantial" book on weather leading up to the Lewes avalanche in 1836

I don't think that would even get remaindered in Poundland Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PJSki wrote:
shiote
Never knew he was Muslim.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller wrote:
PJSki wrote:
shiote
Never knew he was Muslim.

Well, he is an extremist.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
For some reason this video reminds me of Comedy Goldsmith and PJSki on this thread:

http://youtube.com/v/JfDkzDV9g5s

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
EXCLUSIVE: Arnie Wilson, editor of the SCGB's magazine Ski+Board, has resigned after 13 years.
More: https://www.facebook.com/groups/325182624251298/
[You may need to scroll down the page for the story]

The editorship of Ski+Board is now being advertised by the SCGB:
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/news/story.aspx?storyID=9017#.UoQXdCff5xV

---------------

Lewes Avalanche anniversary talks (3pm, 6pm) and guided walk (11am), 27 December, all welcome, free events. Snowdrop Inn, Lewes, Sussex.
These are based on material shared with Radio 4 'Questions Questions' (2010), BBC1 News (2006), ITV News (2011) and BBC2 documentary on Snow (2009):

https://www.facebook.com/events/413902378731708/
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin wrote:
PJSki, are you related to DG in some way?
Not by blood - they're in an uncivil-partnership.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
admin, yep, the sexual tension is rife through this thread... they should just get it on... Toofy Grin

Anyway - good to see Arnie moving on. The mag had become tedious - too much "Arnie tries free heli-skiing" type articles. And his responses to criticism from punters and views of other mags on this site a few years back were not brilliant.

Comedy Goldsmith, the snowdrop is just up the road from me now, a great pub, might have to pop in...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scrumpy wrote:
- yes DG or CG Cool ... certainly utterly unemployable

Thanks. I work for Southbank Centre (since February 2008). I'd be delighted to tear your ticket (if you're willing to buy one) and guide you around a darkened auditorium. Slava's Snow Show (returning for its third Christmas) is recommended to snowHeads. It involves a "heart-stopping blizzard of snow". Not surprisingly, I enjoy being employed in it.

http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whatson/slavas-snowshow-73037

Scrumpy wrote:
- and before you mention it again, Scrumpy is a "given name" which adorns some of my clothing, jewellry and e-mail addresses - it is not made up for this website.

Yes, yes. But who do you work for? !

----------------------

Reminder: Ski Club of Great Britain AGM. 7 days time: 21 November 7pm, White House, Wimbledon. Cheapest seats £23, but only available if you've not been a SCGB member before. Free drinks - if The Clique have secured them again - or you're able to pay for them if you don't wish to drain SCGB funds.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 14-11-13 9:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Significant comments yesterday on the SCGB 'Chat Forum' (not to be confused with this one - the New Ski Club of Great Britain chat forum)

The Forums Original poster: Olivia Gordon
http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/membersonly/snowtalk/discussion.aspx/The-Ski-Club?discussionID=14537#.UoSE8Cff5xU
Quote:
After all the money that has been spent on the website, I am saddened at how little the forums are used - I have to say Snowheads is far superior with the latest news, photos, lively discussions etc. And I do not see the situation changing. It seems we shot ourselves in the foot some years ago.

Several other posters have pitched in after that comment, perhaps including other SCGB members (not sure if one can determine status)

Olivia Gordon has served for a long time as SCGB rep ('leader') and I seem to recall was the highest recruiter of new members during the 1980s. One of the more progressive forces in the organisation, as I remember.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 14-11-13 9:33; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

The editorship of Ski+Board is now being advertised by the SCGB

So CG are you going to apply, or shall I dust off Timothy Runciple-Spoon's CV?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm not applying. The field is clear, and may the best ed (would be fun if the person is a snowEd) win.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

PJSki ... refreshes the parts other SCGB directors cannot reach
PJSki wrote:
... snowheads definitely claims to be a Ski Club.

Yes, I think we're aware of that. As I understand it, this outrageous claim prompted the SCGB (perhaps at your insistence, Gerry) to make legal threats against the administrator of snowHeads - there was a series of them, issued by the SCGB's solicitors Stones (of Exeter) ... [not to be referred to as 'Stoned of Exeter']

Now, Gerry, you are a Guinness drinker and proud of it. We're thinking of doing a re-make of the famous 'dancing man' advert. Would the starring role appeal to you? You're allowed to wear a blue jacket, with your choice of Land Rover or Guinness logos.

http://youtube.com/v/69MpLiYhsXw
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I don't often wander onto here but . . . are we having an influence on PJSki?

Almost coherent rhetoric and far less obvious brain drool . . . keep up the good work lads snowHead
snow report
Masque wrote:
I don't often wander onto here ...

Wanderings would also be welcome from Jef Wickes ['Wickes of Cirencester'], who has an amusing new Facebook backcloth ... https://www.facebook.com/jef.wickes?fref=ts
snow conditions
Comedy Goldsmith, Why is who I work for of any relevance ? Are you assuming that I work for SCGB? I actually work for a firm of London solicitors if that is of any help to you.
latest report
Scrumpy wrote:
I actually work for a firm of London solicitors if that is of any help to you.

You're a solicitor?

You must be fucking joking. You libellously said (above) I was "unemployable".

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 14-11-13 14:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith,
Quote:

I work for Southbank Centre (since February 2008).

- I had understood that to be an unpaid position Puzzled
Apologies if I was wrong.........
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith,
Quote:

You libellously said (above) I was "unemployable".

- Matter of opinion.
and I didn't say I was a solicitor either
ski holidays
Scrumpy, no you used the phrase "I actually work for a firm of London solicitors" to adorn your remarks with some sort of respectability. But what you wrote in full ...

Scrumpy wrote:
- yes DG or CG Cool , as the case may be, seems to spend all of his time posting here or on F ace book Skullie - must have won the lottery Toofy Grin , come into an inheritance Crying or Very sad or robbed bank Evil or Very Mad - certainly utterly unemployable and of very little value to anyone - 7 years ago or now !

... was just a shedload of shit, presumably hoping some of it would stick. And, no, you didn't express it as a "matter of opinion" - it was written as fact - i.e. libel. One of your bosses can readily explain the difference.

I'm going to hazard a wild guess that you're a member of the Ski Club of Great Britain and are simply using underhand methods to undermine growing evidence of the seriousness of the organisation's situation.

But to do all that from the 'safe space' of anonymity is about as low as it goes. I suggest you meet up with 'PJ Ski' and work out a more sensible strategic approach. Great minds combined are capable of anything.

I'm regularly available in central London should you wish to have the decency to have a face-to-face discussion. PM me.

David Goldsmith
snow report
The thread that keeps on giving.
latest report
Comedy Goldsmith, poor little you all upset again. Something else for you to get in a rage about:

Apparently there's a letter describing your online behaviour - and quoting some of your more libellous remarks - that's going to be sent to Mrs Goldsmith, who probably has no idea what you've been up to. Shocked

Quote:
I'm regularly available in central London should you wish to have the decency to have a face-to-face discussion. PM me.

Funny how you insist people come to you in central London. You're a complete drama queen. Why don't you get a job? Oh, yeah, silly me, allegedly you couldn't even if you tried. Laughing
snow report
That time of day again? Feeding time under the bridge?
latest report
PJSki wrote:

Apparently there's a letter describing your online behaviour - and quoting some of your more libellous remarks - that's going to be sent to Mrs Goldsmith, who probably has no idea what you've been up to. Shocked

Gerry Aitken,
it's unbelievable that you, as a SCGB director, should publicly disclose this. What "libellous remarks"? There are none, and wild imaginations don't go down well in courts of law.

Let's assume you're serious about this tactic. What do you predict this is going to achieve? What do the studio audience believe this is going to achieve?

Final question: how much money and time is being squandered by the SCGB on this nonsense?
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith, you've speculated and insinuated. Don't know why you think the ski club is sending this letter, my understanding is that it's coming from a different source. Anyway, your wife will be the one to decide if you are taking too many risks or not. I guessing she'll decide you're risking too much for too little and ban you from the internet like the naughty little boy you are. NehNeh

And I bet you're fecking shatting yourself.
snow report
PJSki wrote:
Comedy Goldsmith, you've speculated and insinuated. Don't know why you think the ski club is sending this letter, my understanding is that it's coming from a different source. Anyway, your wife will be the one to decide if you are taking too many risks or not. I guessing she'll decide you're risking too much for too little and ban you from the internet like the naughty little boy you are. NehNeh

Gerry Aitken, I'll leave it to you to sort all this out with the board of directors of the Ski Club of Great Britain. Assuming that your discussions and intended actions are minuted, it will then be up to the membership of the Club to decide what to do about all this (on the optimistic assumption that they would have any access to such minutes).

Quote:
And I bet you're fecking shatting yourself.

Just quoting that to retain it on the record. Please send me, or my wife, a roll of Andrex.
snow conditions
Comedy Goldsmith, I say again, this initiative has nothing to do with the ski club. Is there anything you don't understand about the last sentence, you thick cnut? Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shocked ....?
snow report
PJSki wrote:
Comedy Goldsmith, I say again, this initiative has nothing to do with the ski club. Is there anything you don't understand about the last sentence, you thick cnut? Laughing
ski holidays
I'm just waiting for Jeremy Kyle to turn up...
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/plZRe1kPWZw
latest report
PJSki, Yes, I think we've all seen clip that a few times. Here's a more topical one, concerning my grandmother (I am her eldest grandchild) Leonore Goldschmidt, who died in 1983 - "The Teacher who Defied Hitler". This is a factual account, revealed for the first time (78 years after the school was established in Berlin in 1935) for Smithsonian Channel. It is being broadcast in the USA over the coming week. It is the work of a Munich-based documentary team and was premiered on German TV ten days ago.

In this trailer, you'll see short sections of an interview which I gave the journalists involved, 15 months ago in London.

The Teacher Who Defied Hitler, November 2013, Story House Productions, Munich

http://youtube.com/v/VahNi1MfUsw

Further information (Facebook page in its very early stages and unpublicised): https://www.facebook.com/LeonoreGoldschmidt

Now ... the evolution of the Ski Club of Great Britain has enveloped two world wars. Sir Arnold Lunn, greatest figure in the SCGB's history, was (this is not essentially a published fact) a prominent member of the British intelligence services in WW2. And if you read his work 'The Story of Skiing' you'll see his clear defiance of Nazism emerging in pre-war Austria during the Nazi occupation - during a very interesting visit to St Anton in 1938.

What is the role of defiance? Maybe we should ponder that question.

David Goldsmith. 14.11.2013

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 14-11-13 19:32; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith, what does your Gran have to do with this?
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, fair question, and I hope I can give a relevant answer: maybe defiance runs a bit too stupidly in my bloodstream. In a lighter way, though, provocation is a useful route to truth.

Let's see how things pan out.
snow conditions
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
Shimmy Alcott, fair question, and I hope I can give a relevant answer: maybe defiance runs a bit too stupidly in my bloodstream. On a lighter note, though, provocation is a useful route to truth.

Let's see how things pan out.

Your grandmother recognised pure evil when she saw it, while you, OTOH, are just a blithering idiot. Mad
snow report
takes one to know one, as they say
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith, there are some battles worth fighting and others that are not - and I dont mean its because you are fighting a losing battle - I mean it because the battle is making you look foolish as there is nothing to battle about, other than egos.

PJSki, maybe you should try and leave this Earth having tried to make it a better place.
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott, if you perceive this as a battle then you're not really getting it (at least as I see it). Isn't it better to read it as an emerging truth? A kind of trial - of a long-established organisation - in which everyone's free to give evidence, and everyone's on the jury or in the public gallery.
ski holidays
It's become a bit like bedlam. No insult meant to anyone.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy