Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski Club of Great Britain chat forum

Poster: A snowHead
At last! A new page Laughing

Another few weeks and we can celebrate this threads first Birthday Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boredsurfin, At 11:11 11/11. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pfft. Spoilsports.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shimmy Alcott, things would be a lot easier if you were a lesbian.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I dunno, with my imagination some things might be a lot harder..
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
geepee, wink Laughing

Bode Swiller wrote:
Shimmy Alcott, things would be a lot easier if you were a lesbian.

Bode Swiller, Laughing Getting confused with Mumsnet again?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

Time for another alexa.com analysis of respective global rankings for skiclub.co.uk, snowHeads.com and ... of course ... snowvole.com

The message for the SCGB is very loud now - although the usual autumn pick-up in traffic is happening, the re-designed website is failing to improve (or even stablise) their global ranking. A fall from 160,691 (12 May 2013) to 173,248 (8 Nov 2013). That's a slippage of nearly 10%.

snowHeads is making substantial progress, and its divergence from the SCGB is clear on the graph. An improvement from 130,041 to 93,675 - way up the scale from the SCGB.

Vole continues to burrow/hibernate. An improvement from 2,080,744 to 1,562,885 ... but these are extremely low rankings for a commercial website.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller, Laughing

This one should be win-win

p.s. dont forget the SCGB AGM, everyone!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shimmy Alcott, win-win-win would be better.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Comedy Goldsmith, If you look at estimated visits for the last month... SH 250,300 v. SCGB 149,700 you get a better idea of the gap but I wouldn't rely on Alexa and Trafficestimate all that much.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller wrote:
Comedy Goldsmith, If you look at estimated visits for the last month... SH 250,300 v. SCGB 149,700 you get a better idea of the gap but I wouldn't rely on Alexa and Trafficestimate all that much.

Do we have comparable figures for 2012 and previous years?

I see you omitted 'Vole visits', but you're a compassionate person - we know that.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Comedy Goldsmith, yes, that's right, I've got all day to help the embiggening of this thread. And I think you have vole issues.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Further statistical extrapolation can only make this thread more cromulent... To flank speed with this silliness!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Richard_Sideways, I like that... whatever it means.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It doesn't mean anything if you can't understand it. Join the club (sic).
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith, embiggen and cromulent are both neologisms. You need to chillax.
latest report
Bode Swiller wrote:
... I think you have vole issues.

You're quite right, and thanks to seeing this movie in 1972 I have other zoological issues ...

http://youtube.com/v/B94lP-fZyLk
ski holidays
How low can you get? Fnar, fnar.
ski holidays
stoat of the dead wrote:
Alastair Pink, if you don't know there are cliques in sH... it is because you aren't in one of them, or have taken that special oath... you know the one... wink

Here's some video from one of the recent Bashes (sic) where new boy snowHeads are initiated into the fold.

http://youtube.com/v/qdFLPn30dvQ

CG is said to have 'left and rejoined' several times just so he could get a free rucksa...I mean, undergo the initiation ceremony again. Shocked

Anyway, looking forward to the time when CG decides that snowHeads isn't perfect and starts posting in the suggestions forum.

Hints for CG's attention:

snowHeads calls itself 'Ski Club 2.0' but isn't owned by the membership. You need to deal with this issue. I note snowHeads offer flights for some Bashes but don't appear to be bonded. Is that legal? You should find out. Also, they have no green policy. You could help them with setting one up.

Of course you're far too chicken to start critiquing snowHeads at the moment, but you're sure to revert to type before too long. I'll be sure to chip in when you begin your inevitable onslaught.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 13-11-13 16:59; edited 1 time in total
latest report
PJSki wrote:
Also I note snowHeads offer flights for some Bashes but don't appear to be bonded. Is that legal? You should find out.

Short answer is yes. Saves DG engaging on something he would need to investigate, and your terminology is wrong in relation to what is covered by the Acts. Hey Ho. rolling eyes
snow conditions
Agenterre wrote:
PJSki wrote:
Also I note snowHeads offer flights for some Bashes but don't appear to be bonded. Is that legal? You should find out.

Short answer is yes. Saves DG engaging on something he would need to investigate, and your terminology is wrong in relation to what is covered by the Acts. Hey Ho. rolling eyes

What terminology? What acts? Anyway, CG will need to check for himself. Is snowheads a limited company? If so, what's the name of the company?
ski holidays
PJSki, Well if you don't know the terminology and law around travel providers and agency then how can you suggest its illegal, as that is what you infer?
ski holidays
Agenterre wrote:
PJSki, Well if you don't know the terminology and law around travel providers and agency then how can you suggest its illegal, as that is what you infer?

Simply asking a question, no need to get all defensive.

Is snowHeads a tour operator or a travel agent?
snow conditions
Could the OP please rename this thread "Mass Shooting in Wimbledon… SCGB shoots self in foot" ? Oh, I forgot, probably been fired.

PJSki, He (DG) would have given this thread up eventually .. but if you keep feeding him then you are digging the hole yourself. Trying to turn the thread against snowHead just means you are digging the SCGB grave faster.
snow report
Agenterre wrote:
Could the OP please rename this thread "Mass Shooting in Wimbledon… SCGB shoots self in foot" ? Oh, I forgot, probably been fired.

PJSki, He (DG) would have given this thread up eventually .. but if you keep feeding him then you are digging the hole yourself. Trying to turn the thread against snowHead just means you are digging the SCGB grave faster.

Oh, yeah, I forgot, this is the 'just right' ski club. Anyway, CG will turn on snowHeads in the end.
snow conditions
No -- of course snowHead isn't perfect. Even I notice that Admin and his elves keep trying to improve it. You're hole-digging because nobody respects anybody (individual or corporate) who sets out to knock the competition which is what you are doing. Hence the grave analogy.

Oh and I call snowHead a community not a 'club' … A club implies costs loadsadosh to join but can't remember why.
latest report
Agenterre wrote:
No -- of course snowHead isn't perfect. Even I notice that Admin and his elves keep trying to improve it. You're hole-digging because nobody respects anybody (individual or corporate) who sets out to knock the competition which is what you are doing. Hence the grave analogy.

Oh and I call snowHead a community not a 'club' … A club implies costs loadsadosh to join but can't remember why.

Not knocking it, just giving CG food for thought. He's too gutless to doing any critiquing right now though.

Also, I don't think the ski club and snowheads are in direct competition, as their packages are very different. Your biggest problem is the that at the core you seem to be bonded by a common hatred rather than ATOL.

Also, snowheads definitely claims to be a Ski Club.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 13-11-13 18:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
PJSki,
Quote:

CG will turn on snowHeads in the end.

Hmmm.. well CG might be flattered that he could turn Snowheads on, whether in the end or elsewhere. He certainly seems to have roused the the SCGB to a stand once or twice.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sH gave up the SCGB hatred years ago. If there's any hatred (still), it comes from somewhere near where the wombles live.

It's not sH that are here poking at the fire.
It's not sH that are here with the express intention of provoking a response from one or more users.

Any what that's enough from me. Here's some food to take back under that bridge... Wink
latest report
thirty06 wrote:
PJSki,
Quote:

CG will turn on snowHeads in the end.

Hmmm.. well CG might be flattered that he could turn Snowheads on, whether in the end or elsewhere. He certainly seems to have roused the the SCGB to a stand once or twice.

Have a read of this from admin:

Quote:
Really though - the closest to a positive comment that this topic has garnered is, "It's David's right to say it, just ignore him".

Yet, David's response appears to suggest that he thinks he has a balanced discussion going on here.
Perhaps David's skin really is too thick for reality to penetrate.

David, at best people are ignoring you, at worst they are infuriated by you.
I'm sorry, but whilst anyone is welcome to bring up any relevant topic on snowHeads, your 'sustained campaign' has gone beyond reasonable and beyond tiresome.
You and I have had a great many lengthy conversations, in person and by phone, about the internet, advertising, forums and snowHeads itself. IMO your view of these things when we first met lay somewhere between the crazy notions of the Nineties net-boom and a fantasy purely of your own design. We disagreed on many points some of which have since been proven. In every case, you have been proved wrong. However, instead of modifying your opinion to a 'more informed perspective', you have become entrenched in trying to prove, via what amounts to little more than bullying of the forum, a hypothesis which looks more and more ridiculous as time goes on.
As a result, you appear to have lost much of and are rapidly losing what remains of the great respect that this community once had for you.

You cling to the (oxymoronic?) principal of 'journalistic integrity' as if it were some form of idealistic panacea. You tell yourself that the flack you get is just the price you have to pay for having the courage to tell 'difficult truths' but I think it's time for you to try to stop kidding yourself: what you are doing at snowHeads is not journalism and is largely unwelcome, this is not the fall out that results from 'tough journalism' but the reaction of a community of people that just want you to 'lay off' and you are not 'courageously representing the minority interest' but simply your own.

To put it mildy, you have become the forum bore - which is very sad indeed when considering what you could be.

For (at least) the 20th time, snowHeads is not for sale. Not to the highest bidder, not to you, not to a 'consortium lead by you'. Furthermore, your consistent lack of understanding about the mechanisms at work within the forum and your dogged refusal to accept even the most obvious messages conveyed to you by its members would place you a very long way down the list indeed if I were looking for safe hands into which to place the forum.

I once recieved a polite offer from someone who wanted to buy snowHeads, he even gave me a figure. I politely declined and he politely accepted my decision with a typical "Get in touch if you change your mind" kind of message. He has not since pestered me or tried to sway public opinion against my wishes (because that wouldn't be very nice would it?).
Barring that occassion, you are the only one to ask for a share snowHeads' ownership; you are also the only person to have asked to be paid for posting on snowHeads; you are the only person to obsessively keep re-referancing the same 2 subjects of ownership and T+C's. I have been forced to the conclusion that these things must basically boil down to one subject, which is your desire to assert control over snowHeads and, failing the opportunity to dictate policy, you are instead attempting to dictate mood via sabotage.

I don't expect you to agree with my conclusion - after all, I don't think for a minute that you would do such a thing consciously but nevertheless this is perhaps the inevitable result of your determination not to face up to your own uncomfortable truths.

==========================================================================================================

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=17992&start=200

In Jan'05, David declared that he could not justify spending so much time on snowHeads without some remuneration and declared that he would stop posting items to the news column on Feb 5th (snowHeads' first anniversary) unless we had made some agreement to that effect by then.
His intitial request was that I pay him £20 per news item with an expectation of 10 items per week (£200 see, was I being mis-leading? ) Apparently this was far below the market rate for his work.
I told him snowHeads wasn't even bringing in that much and negotiations began, became a bit surreal and ended with David's declaration that if it were the case that snowHeads could not afford to pay him, snowHeads would be better off as a community owned thing.... well, u know the rest.
snow report
PJSki, are you related to DG in some way?
Perhaps separated at birth?
Both of you show remarkably similar traits in this thread Toofy Grin
Andy et al above are spot on, you have simply fed DG, if you hadn't participated in this thread it would have died last year, but thanks to your efforts it's not far off it's first birthday.
I feel sure you have been advised to rise above it but I guess you and DG are really inseparable Laughing

Anyway I guess you will be off Leading soon and so this thread will simply fade away.......
ski holidays
PJSki wrote:
Have a read of this from admin:

Written in 2006. Seven years ago. Things have probably moved on?
ski holidays
Or not as the case might be.
snow report
Quote:

Things have probably moved on?

not in womble town.
snow report
And Tim Brown agreed.
latest report
- yes DG or CG Cool , as the case may be, seems to spend all of his time posting here or on F ace book Skullie - must have won the lottery Toofy Grin , come into an inheritance Crying or Very sad or robbed bank Evil or Very Mad - certainly utterly unemployable and of very little value to anyone - 7 years ago or now !
snow conditions
- and before you mention it again, Scrumpy is a "given name" which adorns some of my clothing, jewellry and e-mail addresses - it is not made up for this website.
snow report
Scrumpy, he has time between bringing the ice cream out during intermission.

I know he was a bit off with you, but if you go and listen to his avalanche talk in Lewes you will see him in a different way.

I needed about 10 pints of Harvey's myself, and nearly fell in the river.
ski holidays
Filthyphil30k,
Quote:

but if you go and listen to his avalanche talk in Lewes you will see him in a different way

ah yes - "lest we forget"
snow conditions
Quote:

.....certainly utterly unemployable and of very little value....

He appears to be writing a "substantial" book on weather leading up to the Lewes avalanche in 1836 Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy