Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski Club of Great Britain chat forum

Poster: A snowHead
--

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 11-01-13 0:28; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Comedy Goldsmith,

What a sad little rant.

I have not deleted or amended my post.

You are replying on the wrong thread!

Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
admin wrote:
davidof, you're using a super-basic template to view the forum that's really only meant to be there for emergencies as it doesn't have any of the extra bits and bobs that we've built over the years.

Go to User Facilities (top left) => Forum profile and switch subBlack to subSilver

Ok got that, many thanks, reluctantly "ignored" one geriatric dribbling loon who I used to have a lot of respect for but has now gone completely senile, ranting on about the same old topics and fighting wars others have long since forgotten.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is there any reason why when I go to page 3 in this thread my page turns into a neon coloured bad trip?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidof wrote:

Ok got that, many thanks, reluctantly "ignored" one geriatric dribbling loon who I used to have a lot of respect for but has now gone completely senile, ranting on about the same old topics and fighting wars others have long since forgotten.

Are you the ghost of Lord Palmerston?

Quote:
Only three people...have ever really understood the Schleswig-Holstein business—the Prince Consort, who is dead—a German professor, who has gone mad—and I, who have forgotten all about it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque wrote:
Is there any reason why when I go to page 3 in this thread my page turns into a neon coloured bad trip?
Yes, there is.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
admin wrote:
Masque wrote:
Yes, there is.

Go on, spill the beans Admin!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
'smells like History'
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
--

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 11-01-13 0:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
GAMEKEEPERS AND POACHERS
snowHeads -v- SCGB

In terms of poaching, what we saw yesterday was classic. If it hadn't been someone (presumably a responsible employee) at the SCGB it would have been a run-of-the-mill incident on the internet, since poaching is a constant on this medium. In terms of context, as I've suggested, snowHeads has interesting form itself. I recall that admin (or u brain, as he labelled himself on the SCGB forum) played quite a disruptive role on the SCGB forum from 2002-4. There was a sense of slightly wilful naughtiness. This culminated in an incident in 2003 when the entire SCGB forum changed colour, fonts, etc. A clear case of sabotage!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davkt,
I think it is mentioned in the thread?...
admin, if you know you are being ignored does that not create an opportunity for you to take the michael out of the person ignoring you....?... complex affair all this!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
davidof wrote:
reluctantly "ignored" one geriatric dribbling loon

That phrase rings a bell. Were you involved with the Jef Wickes Wintersports Abuse Zone?

is that a thread somewhere?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
--

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 11-01-13 0:28; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Somewhere I have about 2 years worth of complete archive of JWAZ . . . might make a fun little book with a bit of background . . . Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
[Jef Wickes Wintersports Abuse Zone?]

davidof wrote:
is that a thread somewhere?

JWAZ only exists today as a few fragments of evidence. It was, indeed, a thread - a single thread - in the community section of ifyouski.com.
ifyouski.com was the re-named complete-skier.com,

Well there's something. I hadn't even realised that complete-skier had been renamed.
snow conditions
--

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 11-01-13 0:28; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I can touch my nose with my tongue. NehNeh
latest report
We shall expect proof of this within 30 days Smokin Joe!
ski holidays
--

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 11-01-13 0:29; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith

'There is no such thing as bad publicity !'

It strikes me that you are the only snowHead pimping the SCGB site - the rest of us aren't interested in its existence

Can a moderator close this thread down - I am bored with it
snow conditions
> It may even be putting people off posting to the forum in the first place.

I doubt anyone has noticed the rule.

As I understand it our old logins don't work, someone should reinsert all the old account info and email everyone that the forum is reopen for business.
ski holidays
--

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 11-01-13 0:29; edited 1 time in total
snow report
codyaitch, You being bored is not a reason to shut this thread down rolling eyes
snow conditions
halfhand wrote:
codyaitch, You being bored is not a reason to shut this thread down rolling eyes
+1
snow report
nixmap wrote:
The question is - will they spend more time, on SCGB were there is additional information.
I guess it comes down to owners investment in the site and quality of the content and moderation.
All adds up to healthy competition which is long overdue.
Nixmap

Schuss in Boots wrote:
nixmap, Trip...trap.....trip...trap.... Evil or Very Mad

Acutally not Schuss Im genuinely interrested, I think that the SCGB has been asleep for 10 years wondering about how they might grow a user base and a revenue stream, sites like snowheads and native$, chaletsdirect , have just been putting them to shame.

However even at 5 minutes to midnight, I dont think its too late for them to fix it, they have a loyal membership base and a good brand, I think they could certainly give all the above sites combined a run fo their money. That pre supposes than SCGB just woke up and are willing to do something about it, which will mean investment and effort..

On the other hand - it maybe (reading the above) that the internal politics and orgainisation structure of the scgb just isnt up to the job.
Commercially a good case for a takeover, although I have no idea if thats even possible.

Nixmap
snow report
nixmap, A bit of subtle editing of your own comments quoted above, do indeed change the tone of what you originally posted. If that was originally what you intended to say, then fair enough and fair point. But I stand by my comments in the context of your original post.
latest report
I have just eaten 12 Greggs pasties.....mmmmmm
ski holidays
--

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 11-01-13 0:29; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
11 sausage rolls
snow report
I have had a great idea. Why don't us Snowheads pay more each year and pay Comedy Goldsmith to promote this site, snowsports and skiing news in general........oh hold on, I think we have people who already do that for free.
ski holidays
--

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 11-01-13 0:29; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Smokin Joe wrote:
11 sausage rolls

On the twelfth day of Christmas,
Mr Goldsmith sent to me
Twelve repetitive threads,
Eleven sausage trolls ,
Ten terms & conditions,
Nine copyright infringements
Eight reps a-milking,
Seven Council members missing,
Six geeks complaining
Five g-o-l-d badges,
Four massive tantrums,
Three out-of-court settlements,
Two charitable payments,
And a total ban on heli-skiing!

All together, to the tune of god rest ye merry gentlemen...

God rest ye merry, Ski Club Reps
Let nothing you dismay
Remember, Dave, our Saviour
Won't ski on Christmas day
To save us all from carbon's power
When we were flown away
Oh bindings of comfort and joy,
Comfort and joy
Oh bindings of comfort and joy
latest report
PJSki, Laughing Laughing That's not half bad!
ski holidays
--

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 11-01-13 0:29; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
None of us care, give a toss, or a fooking chuff
ski holidays
Smokin Joe wrote:
None of us care, give a toss, or a fooking chuff

You'd have to be mad to give a shite. Very Happy
latest report
--

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 11-01-13 0:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:

Quote:
12 June 2004: "Go on any Club Holiday or ski with a rep and your almost certain to ski with a doctor."

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/membersonly/snowtalk/discussion.aspx/The-Ski-Club?discussionID=6736#.UOMZmKx7TTo

Go on a Snowheads bash and there is likley to be enough doctors, nurses, pharmacists and physios present to staff a small hospital!
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
You must be joking - this thread is more popular than Strictly Come Posting.

snowHeads wrote:

http://youtube.com/v/1UUZB2w-r-Y

Only because you keep hitting the refresh button. You seem a bit obsessive. Maybe you should seek help?
ski holidays
> There's all to play for.

or not, after 15 years of widespread web use I suspect those that want to connect have, by and large, connected, and the other 97% of British skiers are not the slightest bit interested.

> "working to establish the Ski Club as the source for snowsports news."

why? Are they a newspaper? Do they have journalists on the ground or at the least access to press news feeds?

The ski club would do better to focus on stuff that could be useful to club members, like any other club, that is if they really are a club and just run for the benefit of a few people.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy