Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski Club of Great Britain chat forum

Poster: A snowHead
OliviaDB, the swear word filter gives it character (plus there's a way around it Wink ). Just type away. Or write 1 post with every rude word you can think of, to find out what all the rude words are Twisted Evil (think there might even be some special code too for Schuss in Boots).

Can see that SCGB will be viewed in different light depending on whether you're a pre- or post-MO day. But even then, the us vs them went years ago, and is mostly light hearted jest these days, like the colourful page effects (didn't 1 whole forum section get archived?).

I went over to have a look. Doubt I'll be contributing in any major way. I've been to J2Ski too, but have never contributed there either.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
--

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 10-01-13 23:25; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andy wrote:
(didn't 1 whole forum section get archived?)

You mean this one? [link removed - why make it too easy?]

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 21-12-12 16:00; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
little ms spock, probably.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
--

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 10-01-13 23:25; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
--

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 10-01-13 23:26; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Comedy Goldsmith, Have just posted a question (and so broken the rule!) about the 4% rule in the members suggestions bit, wonder what reply it will get?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
--

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 10-01-13 23:26; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What a lot of outraged people back then. Didn't they have anything better to do?

I wonder if the OP had the slightest inkling of the ancient history lurking behind snowHeads back in the deep mists of time.... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Comedy Goldsmith, Yup! wonder if questioning their sanity will earn me a ban, next question (which would take me to a very abusive 15% or so!) is around the bit says post the same amount as most other people, so that would be post nothing then?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David darling... it was all going so well... and now off we go again. You know better than most why MO day really happened, and your crowbarring of Arnold Lunn into this thread is a fitting reminder. Wink

Can we, once more, look forward to 100 posts by you in a single thread extolling the merits of red string?

Please. please, please let it lie... It is history.

John (an ex-ski club member)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Monium, you do pick 'em, m8:

"Byron is a pescetarian, a fact referred to on occasion on MythBusters where she has been visibly uncomfortable when experiments have called for the use of animal remains. For a long time, she simply referred to herself as a vegetarian to avoid confusion, but later explained during an interview on the Suicide Girls website that she does in fact eat fish. In the 2010 episode "Cold Feet", Byron went further to state that she has a "very limited diet", and in "Flu Fiction" revealed that she has mysophobia, a fear of germs. Byron says she's been an atheist since childhood. She is married to artist Paul Urich. The couple has a daughter who was born on June 28, 2009."

Good luck with the stalking!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dear God! You Ьuggers are still full'o piѕѕ n'wind about the rotting carcass of the SCGB . . . they wouldn't have a policy change unless there were problems in attracting people to join
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
--

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 10-01-13 23:26; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
oh well - gave him a chance with a new first name.

isn't that "+" symbol next to usernames handy Wink
ski holidays
--

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 10-01-13 23:26; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Hmmmm . . . I like the style . . . I wonder if I can get a pre-war battledress jacket and dye it black? BASI are going to have a fit Twisted Evil

latest report
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
Sorry about that.

Sameold Goldsmith

FIFY wink

Actually, on a personal note, this thread really doesn't bother me. For those that are bothered/bored...the solution is pretty straightforward.
latest report
--

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 10-01-13 23:26; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Ironically I suspect we've had more posts on this single thread than the SCGB have had on their whole forum in the same period of time Laughing
snow report
--

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 10-01-13 23:26; edited 1 time in total
snow report
--

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 10-01-13 23:27; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith, am I alone in suspecting that your timing of re-joining snowHeads is NOT a coincidence?
snow report
That 34,000 figure is a bit odd to me.
I can't say I've paid a lot of close attention to such things - certainly not compared to Comedy Goldsmith's studies and investigations but...
They seemed to be quoting 30,000 for a long time ie. 3-5 years maybe?
The first time I saw a figure quoted that was higher than that, was one of 31,000 by CST in passing in an interview, just before she got the chop. I remember thinking at the time, "ha ha, wonder if she said that just because snowHeads has passed the 30,000 mark".

So there we were at the Ski Show, quoting 33,000 registrations and suddenly they're banding about 34k as a number Confused
I'm sorry but I just don't see how or why, 3-4000 people would join the SCGB over the Summer - just doesn't make sense. I mean, they're certainly not being drawn in by the web site are they?

It doesn't really matter a great deal to me and I'm hardly about to instigate a Goldsmithian investigation but casually, intuitively, quite simply... until I happen upon evidence to the contrary, I don't really believe it.
ski holidays
--

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 10-01-13 23:27; edited 1 time in total
latest report
--

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 10-01-13 23:27; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Well I know David, none of this is exactly uncommon knowledge, and it just makes it all the stranger that they feel the need to respond in this way - assuming, of course, that's what they are doing: may all be just a coincidence.
latest report
--

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 10-01-13 23:27; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Comedy Goldsmith, I think you will find 99.99999999% of Snowheads don't really give a monkeys chuff about how many posts have been on the SCGB forum in the previous 24 hours.
latest report
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
... if anyone's interested!
I expect someone is, somewhere Wink

...And before anyone sparks up about their active and vehement dis-interest: I would like to remind you that since this time last year, you have had the 'ignore' function at your disposal.
latest report
admin wrote:
...just before she got the chop....

Must be some mistake, Shirley?

Quote:
Club Chairman, Neil Britten said, "I'm sure that members past and present will join me in thanking Caroline for all of her efforts on their behalf and wish her all the best for the future. Caroline will remain a member and Ski Club Leader, and I'm sure that her many friends in the Club and colleagues in the industry will have an opportunity to enjoy the snow with Caroline in the years to come."
latest report
Smokin Joe wrote:
Comedy Goldsmith, I think you will find 99.99999999% of Snowheads don't really give a monkeys chuff about how many posts have been on the SCGB forum in the previous 24 hours.
I'd be quite interested to know the count on Snowheads. I'm almost tempted to count them myself. (Almost but not quite).
snow report
Daily post count snowball?
snow report
snowball, this page may give you some relevant numbers: http://snowheads.com/mx/modules/mx_statistics/mx_statistics.php

There is good data there. For example, it says that the users testuser (at 16777215 posts) and Robo-admin (at 16777203 posts) have each made about 14 million more posts that the total Number of posts (at 2127870). Perhaps there is a mistake on the page. Some quick sums show that 2**24 (ie 2 to raised to the power 24) is one more than testuser's count and 13 more than Robo-admin's count; I wonder whether that is significant.
ski holidays
--

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 10-01-13 23:27; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
andy wrote:
oh well - gave him a chance with a new first name.

isn't that "+" symbol next to usernames handy Wink

Where is it?
snow report
davidof, you're using a super-basic template to view the forum that's really only meant to be there for emergencies as it doesn't have any of the extra bits and bobs that we've built over the years.

Go to User Facilities (top left) => Forum profile and switch subBlack to subSilver
ski holidays
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:
davkt, If the reply is made on the forum, then the official responsible may also break the 4% rule.

No Official response but one from a Ski Club of GB rep says 'don't worry about it, it's a rule for dealing with extremes of negative behaviour' hard to imagine anything extreme in so few posts and someone else says the forum police are a thing of old!
snow report
--

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 10-01-13 23:28; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
This is an entertaining thread.......
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy