Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski Club of Great Britain chat forum

Poster: A snowHead
Pedantica wrote:
David did have a close, personal connection with the Club for very many years. In fact I think he described his connection earlier in this thread. He fell out with them and I imagine that was fairly upsetting. There's nothing particularly baffling about any of this.

His posting doesn't really explain what his bugbear actually is/was.
Without wishing to open a no doubt large can of worms, is there a link to why he was banned from their forum? (although having witnessed a couple of previous DG incarnations he clearly would exceed their 4% of posting rules (you'd almost think it was written for him)).
Also he previously alluded to legal action against them involving him, any links to this?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
admin wrote:
Lizzard wrote:
I haev no idea why he imagines anyone else is interested. rolling eyes
Err, sorry but I've actually found this topic rather amusing Confused

Am I a bad person?

You are a bad person but it's got nothing to do with this thread.
Just f..ing do the competition draw. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh no, Goldfish had been so good, after pretty much successfully re-integrating himself back into 'normal' society, again Xn, and then somebody crassly offered him a shot of his second favourite 50 year old single malt and next minute he's on the slippery slope to drinking meths out of a paper cup in the wasteland of Tamzin Conditions. Will he be able to pull himself back or is it all too late.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
--

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 11-01-13 0:25; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
admin wrote:
Lizzard wrote:
I haev no idea why he imagines anyone else is interested. rolling eyes
Err, sorry but I've actually found this topic rather amusing Confused

Am I a bad person?

You don't know?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard wrote:
Megamum, he is a sad old obsessive who persists in having some sort of boring feud with the sk! club. I haev no idea why he imagines anyone else is interested. rolling eyes

Whilst you Lizzard are a bitter, twisted, moany, sad act who sneers @ everyone n everything, better to have DG with his sometimes interestin useful bits than your dour outlook - happy christmas btw, although you probably don't celebrate it as it's far too cheery
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nickski wrote:
Oh no, Goldfish had been so good, after pretty much successfully re-integrating himself back into 'normal' society, again Xn, and then somebody crassly offered him a shot of his second favourite 50 year old single malt and next minute he's on the slippery slope to drinking meths out of a paper cup in the wasteland of Tamzin Conditions. Will he be able to pull himself back or is it all too late.

In a nutshell and gawd I hope so. For an atheist, I oddly find myself praying it's not too late.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
geepee wrote:
Made me have a look. It's advantage over Snowheads is that you can read a day's posts in seconds. wink

For a moment I thought you were suggesting they had superior forum software that allowed easier navigation to new posts.

Then I had a look and realised you weren't. Laughing

I was a non-member who was registered and using the forum when they suddenly slammed the door. I'd just like to say thanks to snowheads admin for filling the supply-demand gap that was suddenly created. snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
With regard to DG I don't know the exact reasons for him being barred from the SCGB Forum, I was a member around that time and I actually complained to the their moderator about another member (and rep) effectively bullying DG, it was not nice and some of that members posts were removed or edited, I had an email requesting that I withdraw my serious accusations of bullying and I refused, I've been bullied, know what it is like and felt that said person was abusing his position, when he subsequently stood for and was elected onto the SCGB committee, I refused to renew my membership and left, personally I think DG should have done the same but that's his decision
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

happy christmas btw, although you probably don't celebrate it as it's far too cheery

Why thank you. And no I don't, because a) I'm not religious (it's a religious festival, if you care to remember, not just another excuse to pig yourself) and b) I will be selling lift passes to the likes of you.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
. D G Orf, I know who you mean by the "bullying rep" - I felt I was a victim myself at one point, so also suspeneded my SCGB membership. I notice that he is still at it on another forum. Not good.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lizzard, hows about a jolly good 'Winterval' then?...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
flangesax, it's not many a British-gal that makes her way in this world as far as the other side of the glass in that office.
How's Lizzard going to 'celebrate' a jolly good anything and still maintain that grade1 pout'n'scowl that qualifies her to sell lift passes in France?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lizzard wrote:

Why thank you. And no I don't, because a) I'm not religious (it's a religious festival, if you care to remember

Pagan festival as I think Flangesax is saying. All the baby cheeses stuff is just the Christians trying to leverage an already established concept. So feel free to done your green father christmas costume and sacrifice a few virgins, do they still do that in the Romanche valley?
latest report
--

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 10-01-13 23:24; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
--

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 10-01-13 23:24; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith, So which one do we think is the OP? Toofy Grin
latest report
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:

I'd heard a few weeks ago that the new SCGB forum was to be "self-policed". I took this to mean that the moderators would be drawn from the contributing community itself. Maybe a change of decision took place.

Yes, exactly. The new HQ will be at the Lubyanka, the forum secret-policed and there will be a minor, but not unfamiliar name change.

OK, do svidanija
ski holidays
--

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 10-01-13 23:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
You've gotta laugh Laughing
latest report
--

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 10-01-13 23:24; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith, have you ever thought about getting out in the fresh air a bit?
latest report
--

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 10-01-13 23:25; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Doesn't
Quote:
"Ski crash of the week".

pretty much sum up snivel? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Will be interesting to see how this pans out, given that snowheads was born out of a very poor decision by SCGB to kick non (paying) members out.

Seeing as this decision is now reversed, its probable that SH users will look at both forums.
The question is - will they spend more time, on SCGB were there is additional information.
I guess it comes down to owners investment in the site and quality of the content and moderation.

All adds up to healthy competition which is long overdue. IMHO the winner is not a foregone conclusion, let the games begin.

Nixmap
latest report
nixmap, Trip...trap.....trip...trap.... Evil or Very Mad
latest report
nixmap, after all this time and you still don't know snowHeads very well....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
--

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 10-01-13 23:25; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I think nixmap has a point...

Although you could argue that snow vole does have the extra content bit already and is a free forum and has been in 'competition' with this site (as it was the purpose of its creation).

However, to the non-community-driven snowheads, the quick questioners and pandoras and lurkers the SCGB site does have better non-forum related content. Snowheads is a vast library of snow related info, which is why the sign-ups keep coming in and the forum is used; it is established as a site offering all this fantastic info. I'd say to the new user and those that are not enlightened to the SCGB background the sheer weight of use and info on the site is its only real strength when compared to these other forums.
snow report
Comedy Goldsmith

Actually, I'm thinking of topping myself indoors. I've lost the will to 'read your posts' [euphemism]

Is that Euphemasia ??

Puzzled
snow conditions
As an observation:
When snivel started up there was a flurry of activity over there from over here. Not all of it was well intentioned, but many people were willing to give it a chance. Since this announcement from the tea club it looks as though many snowHeads have popped over for a look but few have posted. In fact a couple of queries that would be obvious questions for that forum (about becoming and using ski club leaders) have been posted here and are being treated quite respectfully. Why didn't these questions get posted on the tea club site I wonder? Is it because the forum's actually not that easy to find or because there's a much larger active community here that are happy to discuss (just about) anything?
snow conditions
mistermouse, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
little ms spock wrote:
As an observation:
When snivel started up there was a flurry of activity over there from over here. Not all of it was well intentioned, but many people were willing to give it a chance. Since this announcement from the tea club it looks as though many snowHeads have popped over for a look but few have posted. In fact a couple of queries that would be obvious questions for that forum (about becoming and using ski club leaders) have been posted here and are being treated quite respectfully. Why didn't these questions get posted on the tea club site I wonder? Is it because the forum's actually not that easy to find or because there's a much larger active community here that are happy to discuss (just about) anything?

More likely, they are looking for an unbiased opinion. It's no uncommon to go elsewhere to ask advice, in many walks of life the perception is that a third party will be more 'reliable' and unbiased. Maybe, too, it's a way of testing the water and identifying suitability without a perceived level of commitment that may come from approaching the club directly.
snow report
feef wrote:

More likely, they are looking for an unbiased opinion. It's no uncommon to go elsewhere to ask advice, in many walks of life the perception is that a third party will be more 'reliable' and unbiased. Maybe, too, it's a way of testing the water and identifying suitability without a perceived level of commitment that may come from approaching the club directly.

Good point but expecting an unbiased opinion about the tea club here is a bit optimistic wink although, as I said, most of the replies have been pretty reasonable.
In the spirit of experimentation evil me is now almost inspired to start a discussion in the other place about the benefits of sHs Twisted Evil
latest report
getting lost with all the SCGB stuff, are they spamming us with their site or are SN taking the pee or both. Confused
snow conditions
marskey wrote:
getting lost with all the SCGB stuff, are they spamming us with their site or are SN taking the pee or both. Confused

Sigh. The only thing off-putting about this forum is its swear word censorship. Sad I need my them to fully express my meaning.
Also - it makes me want to know what words I'd never use would be changed to. But ... what if I typed them and they weren't changed? Oh the shame!
snow report
little ms spock wrote:
feef wrote:

Good point but expecting an unbiased opinion about the tea club here is a bit optimistic wink although, as I said, most of the replies have been pretty reasonable.
In the spirit of experimentation evil me is now almost inspired to start a discussion in the other place about the benefits of sHs Twisted Evil

bear in mind, too, that many of the newer SH members, myself included, were unaware of the history behind the SCGB and SH until I'd been posting for a while, so it's not that surprising, even if, with the benefit of that knowledge, it's optimistic Smile
ski holidays
--

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 10-01-13 23:25; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
feef wrote:
bear in mind, too, that many of the newer SH members, myself included, were unaware of the history behind the SCGB and SH until I'd been posting for a while, so it's not that surprising, even if, with the benefit of that knowledge, it's optimistic Smile

Same here. Until a few interesting posts in the dog days of summer I had no idea what the significance of "The Glorious Days of Colour" thread was. To be fair there's very little vitriol and there are a lot of sHs who are also members of SCGB. If circumstances were different I'd consider membership of both. They both serve different needs and a (slightly) different demographic.

OliviaDB, if you view your posts on preview you'll see what the auto replace will do to it. As Azalia Banks might say (on the radio edit) "I guess that c*nt got deleted"... (or replaced by "lady's bottom")
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy