Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski boot hire only in Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Does anybody know a ski shop in Val Thorens where i can hire ski boots only? All websites want to hire me ski's too.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
^ I'm in the same boat.

(because I bought the cart before the horse Embarassed . May end up buying a pair, depending on finances)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

All websites want to hire me ski's too.

Puzzled if you go to skimium.com there's an initial option to pick just boots.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ebay, get some second hand ones your size. They wont fit like properly fitted boots (unless you're incredibly lucky) but are likely to fit as well as ones from a hire shop.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

They wont fit like properly fitted boots (unless you're incredibly lucky) but are likely to fit as well as ones from a hire shop.

not true. Even quite small hire shops will carry a range of boots

http://www.skimium.co.uk/equipment#man/boots-and-shoes/precision-shoes

choice of places to rent boots in Val D'Isere. Not expensive. Not a problem.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jamis wrote:
Ebay, get some second hand ones your size. They wont fit like properly fitted boots (unless you're incredibly lucky) but are likely to fit as well as ones from a hire shop.

Laughing I do see your point, but I do pride myself in getting what I want in hire shops when it comes to boots. My feet are somewhat wide for their length (think duck feet) and although it sometimes takes a couple of changes I always end up satisfied. Having said that there is no way that they could compare to properly fitted boots.
Although I'm only a punter I'm hoping people I know in VT might be able to blag me a reduction on fitted boots if I can afford it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They will all hire you boots only, but the websites don't seem to cater for that. We always use Twinner Caron in VT - they are decent people and will work with you on getting you all the right gear. They are generally easy to pay as well
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

the websites don't seem to cater for that.

if you use a shop with skimium link (there are several, including Precision), find out how much it would cost and then phone the shop and ask if they can beat that price if you book direct. Booking boots only is simplicity itself on the skimium site.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Why do you think they won't hire ski boots only? I don't think you'll have problem with any shop you walk into.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
[/quote]
if you use a shop with skimium link (there are several, including Precision), find out how much it would cost and then phone the shop and ask if they can beat that price if you book direct. Booking boots only is simplicity itself on the skimium site.[/quote]

Pam W, I can't believe I haven't thought of doing that before, I've always felt smug getting the online saving . Doh.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

They wont fit like properly fitted boots (unless you're incredibly lucky) but are likely to fit as well as ones from a hire shop.

not true. Even quite small hire shops will carry a range of boots

http://www.skimium.co.uk/equipment#man/boots-and-shoes/precision-shoes

choice of places to rent boots in Val D'Isere. Not expensive. Not a problem.

Thank you Pam Little Angel
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy