Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kneissl Skis - Top Marks!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am just back a week ago from the BOSB. What a great week, even if the weather was challenging 'Very Happy'

Anyway, I had the opportunity to test a range of Kneissl skis courtesy of Mr Kneissl himself, Tim. I tried the Red Stars first and absolutely loved them. Tim then gave me a pair of Blue Stars, but these just didn't work for me at all. Then I finally tried the Black Stars and knew I was using a great ski. While the Red are more suited to piste skiing, I want something more akin to all mountain and for this, the Black Star's are perfect.

I had been skiing on my own K2 Apache's for the last couple of years, but after two days with the Black Star's (I really didn't want to give them back 'Toofy Grin'), when I tried my K2's again at the end of the week, I realised they had to go.......

So, for anyone looking at new skis, do look at the Kneissl range. And of course, Tim offers a very generous discount to Snowhead's as well 'Very Happy'

So, thank you Tim for all your help and I hear Santa will be delivering my new skis. I do hope they fit on the sledge .... 'Shocked'
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jonny2Skis wrote:
I am just back a week ago from the BOSB. What a great week, even if the weather was challenging 'Very Happy'

BOSB Puzzled
I knew there'd been a PSB, but what was the BOSB?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For my 5000th post, I say....

Thumbs Up! from a fellow ski lessonmate Cool

Quote:

BOSB

Beginning of Season Bash

the PSB started after the season started, so can't be a "Pre" Season Bash Wink (Was the 2nd bash for Geepee, WindyMiller and Me snowHead Smile Cool edit: and of course should have been SiB's 2nd bash too, but she went awol)

edit: PS got a picture of that pint of Vin Chaud somewhere - will make sure it's uploaded to the cloud at some point.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I too found the Black Stars to be an excellent ski. I’ve taken a punt on ordering some from a German online shop that I’d never heard of before – www.skitreff.de – anybody else had any experience of this outfit?

Kneissl ski’s seem quite hard to find across Europe at the moment. I suspect that they haven’t produced any ski’s for over a year now (they went into administration almost 2 years ago). There were some even cheaper on ebay.de but they looked to be supplied with the cheapest of cheap rental bindings.

In fact I took a double punt and ordered a 2nd set for young Dubstep who’s doing a season in St Anton.

Lets just hope that they turn up!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I too, tried out some Kneissl skis on the PSB. The first were the Kneissl Rock Star, marketed as a freeride/all mountain ski. In the chopped up, tracked out, snow off piste they were pretty good, and they coped well in powder below knee height. I struggled getting the them to work once the snow depth hit knee depth and quickly gave up trying. The latter was down to skiing ability and an earlier frustration from the morning. On piste they were very responsive and don't require much effort to get them edge to edge, skiing moguls was great fun. The Kneissl Rock Star quickly returned a smile to my face, so much so that I took them out for another blast the following morning. I'd love these skis as part of a quiver, and the snowHeads discount offer makes them a huge temptation.

I tried theKneissl White Star SL at the Hemel fridge on Sunday, when someone foolishly left them lying around. Probably not the best of places to test a thorough bred race ski. You don't so so much own these skis as they own you. It took a few runs down to reign them in and force them to go where I wanted. They are super responsive edge to edge and when your technique is spot on it's a buzz. They are, however, a little unforgiving and tend to throw their rider when technique isn't quite as it should be. That said, they had me grinning from ear to ear and I loved 'em.

Huge thanks to Tim Kneissl for making the skis available for testing at the PSB. If there hadn't been so much fluffy stuff around I'd have tested more of your range.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Zombie Si wrote:
I'd love these skis as part of a quiver, and the snowHeads discount offer makes them a huge temptation.
To clarify, there is a 25% discount for snowHeads on Kneissl this Winter. super/mega-snowHeads get more off - check le Chaudron.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For those with the Blacks, would you mind sharing your height/weight/ability and the length of the skis you have?

It has been years since I bought skis (renting now) and I am surprised at the short length of the skis recommended by the rental shop (I am 178cm, 75 kilos, advanced, and definitely not expert.

Greg
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
OK, I really meant the PSB, but wasn't thinking straight Puzzled Its withdrawal symptoms from all that snow.... In fact, I've just had to book Courcheval at Easter under medical advice Razz

Andy, that pint of Vin Chaud was something else. Will find my own picture and post it over the holiday Toofy Grin

wittenham, I'm 170cm and 70Kg fairly advanced skier, but also certainly not expert. I used the 168cm skis and found them to be ideal. Apparently there is a trend to longer skis again. They certainly give more stability when going straigh down Shocked Maybe some of the more experienced Snowheads or Tim @ Kneissl could comment?

Can't wait to get them now..........

John
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonny2Skis,
Quote:

They certainly give more stability when going straigh down

is there any other way Puzzled wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
OP So they should be!! from the price list previously shown
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonny2Skis, shout if you want a full res copy. (Iphone 4? for scale - be more impressive if it were a iphone 5 or HTC android device Smile )
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy