Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Munich to Mayrhofen Feb 2nd-9th

Poster: A snowHead
Is anyone travelling from Munich to Mayhofen on Sat 2nd Feb and returning Sat 9th Feb?

If yes, fancy sharing transport? There is two of us.

We'll be on the Monarch flight from Manchester.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The train is really easy, you catch it in the airport, change at hauptbahnhof, and travel to Jenbach, from there there is a smaller train upto mayerhofen. I'm not 100% certain but around that time in feb is usually really busy (school hols) and you'd spend a fair amount of time in traffic in a car/ mini bus. You can book tickets through www.dbb.de . We've done it a few times and even with 3 kids in tow lol
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shootinstar9 wrote:

If yes, fancy sharing transport? There is two of us.

You can use this offer
https://www.tirol-taxi.at/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
suzysue2 wrote:
The train is really easy, you catch it in the airport, change at hauptbahnhof...
You can go all the way in but better to change at Ostbahnhof
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^^ +1 wot 'e says!

Definitely use the trains that week as it is the Bavarian schools Half Term (due to being Fasching week) and the roads will be silly full regardless of the weather. Even last night where there was relatively little traffic, you would have been hard-pressed to make the check in in time at Munich airport due to accidents all around Munich: A92 - 4km traffic jam and road blocked heading to the airport; A99 northbound blocked due to an accident 5km of queuing traffic, A99 NorthWest Tangent (traffic coming up from Vorarlberg for example) - accident in the junction between the A8/A99 near the Allacher Tunnel - queuing traffic.

I made a note of them as I'm going to have to make that trip with a friend on the 10th so I know I will most likely have to use the back roads if the weather permits it. Luckily she does have the last flight out of Munich which is quite late. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the advice.

The main stumbling block is the return flight on the 9th. Need to be at the airport at 10am so the train isn't an option unless we leave the night before or get a 5am train.

Will certainly look at the train for the 2nd though! Thanks
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hmm yeah, I looked at those flights but decided against it in the end as 10am back is ridiculous!
The trains run pretty late back tho so maybe the night in Munich might be your best choice? Say train at 7pm ish so you get a full day ski in before leaving.
The option of a transfer by mini bus or taxi back leaving mayerhofen at say 6am ish wouldn't really appeal to me Sad and also, don't forget to factor in that you could hit traffic, accidents or heavy snow fall!
There are hotels right on the airport or you could get a city centre hotel near to the station and get the s bahn to the airport in the morning?
I use trivago.co.uk for city hotels, 4* best western airport hotel is £46. ( if you happen to miss your flights it'll cost you a lot more Sad ) lol
Have a fab time
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The only sensible way to do this is by train even without a word of German. Download an app to your phone (iPhone) called Obb Scotty. Really good for the timetable. I do it every year to Kitz and it works a treat. I got a taxi back to the airport once on insurance after my mate got injured and it took a lot longer than the train. The train station is in the middle of the airport. Really easy and quick and cheap.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We are going in Jan flying to Munich and train to Mayrhofen. 2 changes, about 3 hours and great scenic journey. As mentioned above, also cheap and efficient. Had same problem with early flight on way back, so spending a night in Munich to extend the holiday. You can check out prices and times here: http://www.oebb.at/en/
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi we are going to mayhofren2.2.13 flying with munich there are6 of us
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
it looks like we are on the same flight as you
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
message me if you are interested in sharing a private transfer
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cheers for all the info guys.

Wished we'd got return flights on the Sunday now to get an extra days skiing in with Saturday night staying in Munich. Nevermind.

lozzer, see your inbox
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I love Mayrohofen, are you spending the Saturday night in Munich and flying Sunday? Do you know if there are places to leave luggage after checking out in Mayrhofen? We have booked an apartment so we need to vacate, luggage and all, by lunchtime on the Saturday so would need somewhere to store luggage until getting the train to Munich that evening.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
there are ski lockers at the bottom of the penken gondala i think . run by crystal/thomson. might be an option. im there the same week , but booked a package with crystal . so will have transfer inc. we`re on the afternoon flight from manchester . hoping the traffic will have cleared a bit by the time we arrive rolling eyes
latest report
Nevermind, the apartment owner says we can leave it in his cellar! Hmmm..... do I change our flights and get an extra full day skiing?!?
latest report
tim000, traffic on the dreaded M60 or in Munich? Smile
snow report
shootinstar9 wrote:
tim000, traffic on the dreaded M60 or in Munich? Smile

wont be on the M60 , only the M56 . also flighing to innsbruck. we dont land until late afternoon . most of the holiday flight seem to go early in the morning , but had enough of 3am alarms Shocked
hopefully get to resort for 7-8pm Very Happy
snow conditions
Hi Shootin, yes spending night in Munich and flying back on Sunday. We have to leave apartment by 9.30 on Sat so planning to get the early train to Munich. Hadn't thought about an extra day skiing though. hmmm that's an idea, if we can find somewhere to dump luggage . . .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy