Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tow bar ski carrier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
has anyone got info on purchasing a tow bar ski carrier, we already have a roof box & need to transport 4 sets of skis to the Alps. Have found Westfalia Ski they have an attachment for £156.00 but you have to buy their bike carrier to fit this too......I already have one thanks, made by Thule who dont seem to have anything!

Frustrated, may have to get someone to manufacture me something.

Cheers

Michael
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What sort of car? I have a carrier that fits over a spare wheel mounted on the rear door. It carries skis held vertically. I want to dispose of it (cheaply). Any use?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi John
apologies for the late reply busy with this christmas thing!

Unfortunately what you describe won't fit my car I have a merc estate otherwise it would have been great, I am now looking at elastic/rubber straps to strap them to the roof rails, another problem I have found these 'THULE 562 NON-LOCKING SKI RACK 2 PAIRS' which would work but they only fit 'square rails' I have aero bars Sad

Failing this it could be something as simple as gaffa tape!

Any ideas would be welcome.

Cheers & best wishes to all those heading for the slopes........7 weeks Happy

Michael
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
michaelbury17, we put ours in a strong ski bag and strap it to the roof bars next to the roof box (as we have space for this and we fill the roof box with other stuff we probably don't need!). We use halford luggage straps and bungees. SH has a lot of debate about whether it is necessary to put skis in a bag for a longer journey as they are naturally designed to be outdoors in the elements. Our thought is that we think the road has the potential to kick up a load of fine grits which could work their way into gaps in the bindings and so just put them in a ski bag to remove this concern. I think putting them in a bag could also improve their aerodynamics on the roof.

Failing that if you don't want to fill a roof box with other things a Merc estate should be more than large enough for a roof box capable of taking most skis - I carry a fairly large Thule roof box on my Octavia Estate and it fits all our skis (<175cm) easily.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
michaelbury17, No worries. With a Merc Estate you should be fine
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you don't have a ski bag wrap many layers of cling film around the bindings to keep road salt and other stuff out when the skis are on the roof rack.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for the tip, great idea as my son has bought new skis & marker bindings so he will want to look after them Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy