Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Frenchman saved from the Guillotine.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks to all that replied to my post, '3 into 2 dont go'.

Well after careful consideration and a couple of glassess of wine, this is OUR desision.

1, Frenchie. He got the job. He's keen, good with his hands and reliable. He assures me he will make more of an effort to ski this winter, so his product knowledge will improve. He gets 3 days off a week, so, i would guess thats more than most, over the season and he's not that bad at it after two winters. (It's hard to be considered a good skier here, time in the hospital has more Kudos than ski time). He will coming to a bootfitters near you. Yes, we will be improving his language skill at Lockwoods, Leamington Spa. Please go test him, he knows his stuff but lacks an english turn of phrase.

2, Englishkid. This is the gamble. He's going to be a "Freeridin', Superstylin, Quickwitted Superstar", did i say that????
He is a find. He too, will be trained at Lockwoods and confidence will be the only problem. I want him to enjoy his time here, but i then in return want the rest of his life. (Sell your soal to the Devil) I just hope our other superstar sweedish extreme skiers don't leave him with stars in his eyes and a severe liver problem.

3, Dutchbloke. Oh well, were going to the World-Cup together and might just get to put in a few turns together this winter. If anything good could come of his layed back attitude, it's the fact that he'll forgive me.

Thanks again everybody.
Hope if you're in Chamonix this winter, they cripple you! TEE HEE Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So he's luckier than Louis XVI, then

Louis XVI was hopeless at fitting ski boots, BTW.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

2, Englishkid....I want him to enjoy his time here, but i then in return want the rest of his life. (Sell your soal to the Devil)...

"soal.." ? can't you spell?

surely a ski boot fitter would sell his 'sole' to the Devil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is your shop in Chamonix, if so which one is it?

Got some boots with the missus last year from Footworks and had a few issues with them, I wanted to chat thru some options.

cheers,

greg
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We can talk about boot problems, what's up? Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
digs back into memory...

She had "pains" in her right foot, causing dead toes and such bad pain she had to stop and take her boots off at one point. Guy in Courcheval end of season blew the boot out which helped a little, but not 100%. However when we got back home he had re-heated her liners and they were all rucked up around the heel and over the front of the foot, which I think wasn't helping!!

I was going to re-heat the liners myself and see if I could get them better fitted/smoother.

A pic speaks a thousand words Wink

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What on earth was that - something weird from IKEA?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nah, Scarpa thermo liners!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
OK, I thought maybe it was one of these
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
gregh wrote:
digs back into memory...

She had "pains" in her right foot, causing dead toes and such bad pain she had to stop and take her boots off at one point. Guy in Courcheval end of season blew the boot out which helped a little, but not 100%. However when we got back home he had re-heated her liners and they were all rucked up around the heel and over the front of the foot, which I think wasn't helping!!

I was going to re-heat the liners myself and see if I could get them better fitted/smoother.

A pic speaks a thousand words Wink

It would be nice to put this right, doesn't look good but can be fixed. If it's easier pop to Lockwoods in leamington spa. They will work on the boots for free and get it right. Alternativley pop back to where they were bought from, i'm sure they will put it right. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
[rolls eyes and sighs] Yet another person who seeks advice in order to ignore it. My fee note is in the mail, metaphorically speaking. snowHead

Best of luck SMALLZOOKEEPER. Hope the season goes well for you, and that your Anglo/French relations remain cordial. Might pop in if I'm passing thru Chamonix this season.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy