Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boys Weekend from Zurich - Resort Recommendatons/accommodation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello wise people of Snowheads,

I thought I would see if anyone had some helping hints for me as I need to fulfill on a late lunch agreement. Christmas lunch on Friday, turned into a late evening of drinking and fond recollections of lost youth, during the latter part of the evening, the suggestion of a boys ski weekend was agreed upon by all concerned. It would appear as if I will be the main organiser due to being the most sober at the time of concept.

Everyone will be leaving from Dublin, so we are looking at flying into Zurich (these are the best flights for everyone.)

So here is your mission should you choose to help:

What resorts might work from Zurich, looking for good skiing and good apres.
We will arrive in at around 21:00 and leave on Sunday at around the same time, so I am thinking 2 to 2.5 hours is maximum travelling time to the resort (in all likelihood we will rent cars.)

My thoughts are St. Anton and Engelberg.

Engelberg - close to Zurich. Great off piste but not sure about on piste? Also I think the hostel is booked up, so accommodation may prove expensive. It also has a grand but not spectacular apres.

St. Anton - longer drive, perfect skiing and apres but I think we will struggle to get weekend accommodation.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
DF
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dublinfella wrote:

Everyone will be leaving from Dublin, so we are looking at flying into Zurich (these are the best flights for everyone.)

What resorts might work from Zurich, looking for good skiing and good apres.
We will arrive in at around 21:00 and leave on Sunday at around the same time, so I am thinking 2 to 2.5 hours is maximum travelling time to the resort (in all likelihood we will rent cars.)

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
DF

But by the way, check also Davos-Klosters and Flims-Laax.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Einari78, will have a gander at them
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dublinfella, are you suggesting leaving on Friday? I'd add Ischgl to the list. Perhaps staying in Mathon if you can't find accomodation in Ischgl. You can often find accomodation in St Anton but young have to leave it till close to the dates you plan to travel (as the hotels will be holding out for longer bookings). May also depend on when you are travelling (for example Fasching will be tricky all round that part of the Alps) and also how many of you are travelling (you may need to split up).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are at least two hostels in Klosters and one in Davos (if you're looking for cheap options...think you'll find hotel options in both willing to do weekends).

I'm always too shattered(/boring) on a weekend to get into the apres, so can't really comment on that, but have a look at Andermatt too.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hiya nozawaonsen, thanks the suggestions. Would love to go to ischgl as I haven't been there yet. The plan would be to head out on Thursday back Sunday. I hadn't thought of fasching, we are looking at heading out in February but no weekend picked. I reckon there'll be 6 of us, as some may not be able to secure passes.

ChrisWo, Thanks for the info on the hostels. They would be perfect. Had forgot to put andermatt on the potential list. Very useful.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dublinfella, Fasching next year is Thursday 7 Feb to Wednesday 13 Feb.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nozawaonsen, Thanks for the heads up. The plan was to go later in Feb, so will stick to that. Thanks for all the suggestions.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy