Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Having trouble picking skies and bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Hi my name is Glenn and I'm 15 and I'm a intermediate skier. I went to Italy for a week last year and going to Austria for a week in January.

I wanting to get my own pair of skies and bindings but I am having trouble picking which ones. I would like a ski what can do mostly everything And I would like to get into freestyle. I was thinking a freestyle/all mountain ski.

So would any of you mind recommending a ski and binding thanks.

I have boots so all I need is skies and Bindings

Price range £250-£300

I'm sorry about the spelling I am dyslexic.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boss, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

If you've looking to get into freestyle, you'll be needing some twin tips, Why not try just renting a few different pairs on your trip to Austria and see what you like?

Bear in mind you'll be hit with the cost of ski carriage if you're flying, plus you'll need a bag to put them in.

At you age and level of experience, I'd stick to renting for a while, you can rent the latest kit, also skis way above your present purchase budget.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spyderman wrote:
boss, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

If you've looking to get into freestyle, you'll be needing some twin tips, Why not try just renting a few different pairs on your trip to Austria and see what you like?

Bear in mind you'll be hit with the cost of ski carriage if you're flying, plus you'll need a bag to put them in.

At you age and level of experience, I'd stick to renting for a while, you can rent the latest kit, also skis way above your present purchase budget.

I already have a ski bag and ski carriage is included

I was looking at these skies and bindings http://www.snowtraxstore.co.uk/salomon-threat-skis-salomon-z10-binding-2012 but I looked at some review's and they said they are not good.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you got your own boots? If your feet have stopped growing I'd buy those before skis as properly fitted boots are going to make far more difference to both how well you ski and how much you enjoy your skiing. You can rent top end skis, you certainly can't rent properly fitted ski boots!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davkt wrote:
Have you got your own boots? If your feet have stopped growing I'd buy those before skis as properly fitted boots are going to make far more difference to both how well you ski and how much you enjoy your skiing. You can rent top end skis, you certainly can't rent properly fitted ski boots!

Yes I have a pair of Fischer viron 10 boots. I got them heat molded and got a pair of insoles so they would fit my feet better.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Good stuff, you've bought the right bits first! Could you get to Breahead indoor slope and try some skis out from Ellis Brigham? It really is impossible for someone to say what is the best ski for you buy as so much of it is down to what you personally like and dislike. A ski I think is great you may hate and vice versa, loads of people think Salomon BBRs are great, I think they are the most boring ski I have ridden and that includes the rubbish hire skis at Tamworth Snowdome.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davkt wrote:
Good stuff, you've bought the right bits first! Could you get to Breahead indoor slope and try some skis out from Ellis Brigham? It really is impossible for someone to say what is the best ski for you buy as so much of it is down to what you personally like and dislike. A ski I think is great you may hate and vice versa, loads of people think Salomon BBRs are great, I think they are the most boring ski I have ridden and that includes the rubbish hire skis at Tamworth Snowdome.

So do they hire them to me and I try them out?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boss, Do some research on the sort of skis you would want, what sort of length, dimensions, properties, for what you want. Something good for the park/pipe, and something for the piste.

Silly as it sounds but Ebay is a decent place to find skis/bindings way inside your budget.

http://global.skipass.com/gearguide/ski is a way of checking out the characteristics and performance of a shedload of skis from a number of recent years. Just make sure you get the English version website.

Other than that there are several ski review websites that a google search should bring up.

Good hunting! snowHead[/url]
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boss wrote:
davkt wrote:

Ellis Brigham should let you demo the skis for free (obv you will still need to pay the lift ticket though).

Could be worth your while looking for previous seasons Scott Punishers - NOT this season's new version (more offpiste orientated), but the older version.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
clarky999 wrote:
boss wrote:
davkt wrote:

Ellis Brigham should let you demo the skis for free (obv you will still need to pay the lift ticket though).

Could be worth your while looking for previous seasons Scott Punishers - NOT this season's new version (more offpiste orientated), but the older version.

What size of ski would you recommend I'm 5'6.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boss, 160 - 165cm. Twin Tips ski shorter than piste skis. Length depends on design of ski and how heavy you are too.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spyderman wrote:
boss, 160 - 165cm. Twin Tips ski shorter than piste skis. Length depends on design of ski and how heavy you are too.

I was looking at Rossignol Scratch Pro skis but does it matter that they are for juniors
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boss, Some K2 Domains 169cms on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/k2-skis-domains-169cm-/300834622753?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&hash=item460b240d21

The sort of thing for a young gun! It's mainly a park/pipe but reviews say good on piste too........... see globalskipass.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimastaaah wrote:
boss, Some K2 Domains 169cms on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/k2-skis-domains-169cm-/300834622753?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&hash=item460b240d21

The sort of thing for a young gun! It's mainly a park/pipe but reviews say good on piste too........... see globalskipass.

Nice. And in Scotland.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Blue skies are best Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Skies the limit Cool
latest report