Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

anyone know of what it's like at high tatras? in late dec.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I want to go high tatras in late dec on account of low airfares. Does anyone know anything about this place? I am an intermediate skier.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No personal knowledge but Jasna (which I think is Low Tatras) is on my list of places I want to visit so I keep looking at the webcam - and it's looking good. Do you have a particular resort in mind? If so, just do a google search for that resort webcam
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
not really. I was hoping someone would suggest a resort. I don't have a car, but it appears getting there from krakow isn't hard.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Polish side or Slovakian side?

Zakopane is OK but you'll get bored if you stay for more than a weekend. It is ridiculously cheap though. No experience of Slovakian side.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I only want to go for few days, so I may try the Polish side (cheap is good). Also, I haven't skied for a few years so i will probably be rusty. I take it lifts are well maintained and ski rentals are of good quality?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/6727614/Affordable-skiing-cheap-thrills-in-Slovakia.html

My son is a fan of Propaganda http://www.propagandasnowboards.com/jasna.html but as I say, I've not been myself.

And don't forget the Polish side - Zakopane etc
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
amps wrote:
I only want to go for few days, so I may try the Polish side (cheap is good). Also, I haven't skied for a few years so i will probably be rusty. I take it lifts are well maintained and ski rentals are of good quality?

Yes it's all well maintained. Symoskowa (sp?) had an OK range of runs, served by buses and the rental kit was all quite modern. You pay per run rather than buying a pass with a pre-charged smartcard thing.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JohnHSmith: I think Jasna. Some reading indicates it is the largest place there. I don't have a car, so I will be reliant on public transport.

Everything else there seems kind of small (< 10km of pistes). I was thinking late dec, and flights and accommodation is hard to find at that time (as you probably know).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Certainly seen a few people raving about Jasna over on MTB forum. I really want to go there, but it won't be this season. No clue what it would be like in December. Think there's a new lift joining the 2 sides of the mountain too.

Train fares to Liptovsky Mikulas are peanuts, and afaik Propaganda and the other place (whose name escapes me) run minibus between station, chalet and lifts?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I guess Propaganda is a hotel or something? They seem to offer packages for a week and I more want to go for 4 days. Perhaps I should contact them in see if they have space.

There are only a few hotels left for dec 29 and the problem is that I can't tell how difficult it is to get from the hotel to ski slopes (they don't seem to indicate bus routes).
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I suppose I'd better say that I have absolutely no connection whatsoever with Propaganda. As far as I know they run a chalet (two?) and do all he usual stuff including arranging lessons and hire if needed. Their website (not looked recently) did have information on travel including details of trains to local station and I think they arranged a pick up from h station
Don't have time to wander brought heir website now as I need to be at work and am really just procrastinating
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
amps, ask the hotel;' I'm sure they will have all the info. soem info here shows they have transport to the lift
http://www.propagandasnowboards.com/accommodation.html
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm going out that way on the 28th, my missis is from Krosno about 21/2 hours from Zakopane, there's some local hills round krosno with in an hour, not very extensive, but it's snow and its great from practicing technique pov,
Not skied Zakopane, but walked there in the summer, I saw some interesting terrain with in a steady walk from the top of the gondola, not sure if on skiing is allowed though, cheap compared to Western Europe, and don't believe all the stories about being stuck in the dark ages, it's a lovely country
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think it isn't going to happen. Too hard to get there from an airport Sad

Thanks for all the help anyway. I think I might go closer in Feb, unless I can find a group in late dec. Late dec is a nightmare though for flights and accommodation, but that isn't a surprise.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy