Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgnevre - Le hammeau des airelles appartments - Jan 2013

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, My first post and also my first skiing trip in 10 years and now I've got 3 kids! Anyway we're all off to these self catering apartments in January and looking for any tips. My wife and 2 girls (7 & 5) are booked in for ski lessons with ESF - They've only done an hours beginners lesson in Milton Keynes snow centre. And I'm going to try and teach my nearly 3 year old boy a few basics. Got him some Edgie Wedgie things to hold his ski tips together which might or might not work. Any tips or ideas about the resort, apartments, best supermarket, family restaurants, ski hire, etc will all be gratefully received. It does look like a great resort for young families and the kids are incredibly excited. Dad is too and mum is getting there (she's the sensible one). My boy is too young for lessons but I won't have any problems hiring him skis, boots, helmet will I? Madeye-Smiley
cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

I won't have any problems hiring him skis, boots, helmet will I?

snoweater, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead I wouldn't think so,but my "nearly 3" year old grand-daughter is at that stage now, and we were wondering about ski boots to fit her - she has little dainty feet (can't think where she gets that from, certainly not my family and her Dad, my son in law, is 6'4), She takes size 6 shoes. I think the Edgie Wedgie things look like a good idea.

I think she's a bit young anyway, we will probably just do tobogganing, snowmen etc.

Can't help you on that specific location, but have a great holiday snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snoweater, welcome to Snowheads. There are a few people on here who no doubt will come along with helpful hints.
We stayed at the same apartments in March 2011 - I can't really help on lessons and children, but we really enjoyed our stay. One thing we didn't do in advance was book the car into the car park underneath - luckily we were able to do so on arrival and it was only a bit more than paying to park outside. Worked really well for us as we kept some of our stuff in the car rather than the locker.
The apartment was fine - we had a problem with lack of water on a couple of days when pipes burst down in the car park - but the people that ran the block could not have been more helpful and provided bottled water, extra crockery and keys for alternative apartments so we could use their bathrooms. Could not fault that side of things.
Hope you have a great time.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This time next week we will (I hope) be safely there. If there's anything you want to know, I can hopefully find out for you. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We stayed in the apartments in January this year and they were great. There was 5 of us in a 3 bedroom apartment and was plenty of space. Took us a while to get our bearings inside as it's easy to get lost but once we got the hang of it we were okay!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Took us a while to get our bearings inside as it's easy to get lost

must have been an extra-roomy apartment! wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pam W - I suspect shnfox is talking about the building as a whole rather than the apartment. The new building added last winter is a bit of a rabbit warren inside and due to the lack of internal directions it could take a while to work your way from an apartment high up in building A to the bootroom in building B. That aside the apartments themselves are lovely, especially the 3 bed ones which are very spacious. The kitchens are reasonably well equipped and there is a combined oven/microwave. The outdoor pool is pleasant if you get there before the hordes descend.

Snoweater - The thing to note with ESF lessons is that there are 2 meeting points. There is one right by Le Hameau des Airelles which saves you having to take your children on the bus to the other meeting point. However I'm not sure if that is the best place in terms of ski slopes for complete beginners. The main ESF meeting point is in the centre of the resort near the beginner slopes. You would need to take your children on the bus (5 mins) to get to that one. I would consult your TO and ask which meeting point they have booked.

There is a nice mini supermarket right by Le Hameau. You can also buy hot chickens and take away pizzas there. You could also take the kids for a nutella pizza in Le Capitaine snowHead

If your youngest doesn't take to skiing you could look into the ESF creche in the centre of the resort. Friends of ours used it last year and were happy with it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you everyone for your help. just a few days (Sunday) to go now. Skis are all hired. I am very excited and have even got myself a Gopro helmet cam!

We are at main esf point which makes sense as it is by the beginners slopes, and 5 mins bus is fine for us.

Just need lift passes now. Does anyone know shall I buy them there or buy them online now? is there discount or are the prices much the same?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Buy them there. If you are early on your first day you can get that afterno
on skiing too!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
1+ for the ESF creche.

We used it the 1st time we took our then 3 year old boy to Montgenvre. The staff couldn't have been any better with him and the other children.

The supermarket by Le Hameau can be a tad expensive, so if you don't mind walking with shopping or have a car, go to the one in the village behind the main street.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy