Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Grand Bornand

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Had my first two weeks of skiing in LGB. Lovely resort with runs that you can ride a different way each time. All links up nicely with plenty of green and Blue terrain linking the entire mountain. And from memory I am pretty sure it's impossible to go up a lift and not have the option of a green or blue down from it. Snow cover wasn't great on my 2nd week, but most of the runs were kept open. Very little off piste when the snow isn't great, coupled with only a few challenging runs I would not recommend for a week for serious skiers.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kurt, Sorry Kurt - only just seen your post Sad If you still need an opinion, I can only say that we have been skiing in late March for the last few years and have always been able to ski the majority of the resort. However, as you would expect, some years we were lucky to be hanging on to a couple of the runs on the southerly slopes and other years there was still plenty of snow into April. As with most destinations it can be a bit of a lottery but we have never experienced no snow and never failed to get some good skiing in. We are skiing again this year 23rd - 30th March so feeling quietly confident!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fingers crossed hey! thanks for getting back to me, iv got flights booked but not sure weather to book the
rest or leave it till last moe? anyways hope your trip goes well!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gassy222 wrote:
Had my first two weeks of skiing in LGB. Lovely resort with runs that you can ride a different way each time. All links up nicely with plenty of green and Blue terrain linking the entire mountain. And from memory I am pretty sure it's impossible to go up a lift and not have the option of a green or blue down from it. Snow cover wasn't great on my 2nd week, but most of the runs were kept open. Very little off piste when the snow isn't great, coupled with only a few challenging runs I would not recommend for a week for serious skiers.

I'm a serious skier, and I've got a season pass.

Also, top of Lanches chairlift is only red, black, and off-piste descents.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
LGB doesn't need much snow for good skiing as it is a lot of pastures. Especially as this year, there is fantastic snow fall, I wouldn't hesitate to book there. Stay in Chinallion as early suggested, small manageable and close to the skiing, the village is charming.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mr Piehole wrote:
Gassy222 wrote:

I'm a serious skier, and I've got a season pass.

Also, top of Lanches chairlift is only red, black, and off-piste descents.

I stand corrected about the lifts! Stay off the Lachat ski lift and you remain on blues and greens.

Congratulations on the season ticket, I'm sure your loving it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Resurrecting an old thread, but looks like I am at some meetings in Annecy on the 8th and 9th Feb, thinking of skiing the 10th and 11th at Grand Bornard as I have never skied there and like to try new resorts.

I think the French holidays have started that week, so two questions.

1. Will it be rammed?
2. Any recommended hotels in the area that will do 2 nights accomodation mid week?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi there

I'm thinking about a trip around the 27th Feb, so I would like to echo kitenski's question 1.

My Q2 is, I'd like to get a week's off piste intruction. I'll be there by myself. My technique needs a lot of work and also I don't want to head off piste alone. I'm trying to find out more about the Aravis Challenge ski school, but all the links go through to an engineering website. Are they still running, or can anyone recommend any alternatives for group instruction in LGB/La Clusaz area?

Thank you
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy