Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Leatherman (or equivalent) tools....

Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of Xmas presents for my brother who camps, skis and bikes.

I was considering one of the 'pocket' leathermans, but looking around there seem to be many equivalent tools at much better prices.

anyone have a view on what makes to look for, he has a penknife so is looking for something to supplement that, ie pliers, screwdrivers etc

Cheers,

Greg
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Leatherman Wave is ace. I've not tried any others because mine just won't stop.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
After my 10 year old Leatherman was taken by security at Stansted whilst on my way to a regatta in Holland, I bought one of these at a fraction of the Leatherman price. http://www.gerbergear.co.uk/var/gerber_int/storage/images/frontpage/essentials/tools/evo-tool_22-41771/287832-8-eng-US/Evo-Tool_product_listing_gerber.jpg
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
^^^ I picked up a Gerber of some sort for about £20 in Robert Dyas a few years ago and can't fault it
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For me:

CK Tools 6-in-1 tool set with custom bits – incl #3 pozi (86g/3.0oz):

Victorinox Mountaineers penknife that includes blade and scissors (82g/2.9oz):

I also have a Gerber Suspension multi-tool but very rarely carry it - despite being sold as 'light weight' at 255g it's far too heavy:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gerber-22-01471-Suspension-Multi-Tool/dp/B000EDPT9K?tag=amz07b-21

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 5-01-20 22:45; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Get a Leatherman. Had my 'Wave' for 10 years of working outside events and used it for everything under the sun. Some of the tech lads at work (day job is in a large live music venue) have had Gerbers, but almost all of them have returned to the Leatherman fold. I shall be retiring mine this year - but not because it's in any way lost it's edge, but because it now has such sentimental value I don't want to lose it 'in the field'...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm with Arno and the others - I've used Gerber tools for years and they have never let me down. I've used Leatherman as well and think that they are generally overpriced in comparison to Gerber. I especially like the one handed opening and closing action on Gerber pliers and the solidity of the build - never let me down. I also like that I can deal direct in this country:

http://www.gerber-store.co.uk/

p.s. my Gerber has a lanyard ring which I use so I can't 'lose it in the field' Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.heinnie.com/ - sell just about everything at a good proce

try these in clearance http://www.heinnie.com/Clearance/Multi-Tasker/p-102-7364/

the blades are stonger than any secateurs you will find
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've never got on with the Swiss army knifes.
Owned and lost a couple in my time and found them fiddley.

I've owned a couple of Leatherman multitools and loved them.

Some of the lads at work have the Gerber and they look and feel great too.

I'd go for that Leatherman Wave personally. It looks a beast and is a similar price to the popular Gerber compact sport 400.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Leatherman Wave +1
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
+1 for the wave
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another Gerber fan. Much better value for money than a leatherman, designed to be opened one handed and a lot lighter too.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
used to call a lad at college "leatherman" because he was a complete tool...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've had an old Leatherman (model name PST 2 or something) for about 10 years, and it's amazing.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cheers all,

This is looking like the winner

http://www.heinnie.com/Pocket-Tools/Gerber-Multi-Tools/Dime/p-0-94-219-9137/
snow conditions
I've got, and am a fan of the Leatherman Skeletool CX. I've used cheaper alternatives in the past, and they work well enough, however, they just don't last as long as the Leatherman. maybe I use them more than they are intended Smile
ski holidays
I do like the Leatherman with the socket set. Have a full set of hex keys with it as well as the usual screwdriver bits. Took the tank off a mates motorbike on tour to do a repair with it Toofy Grin
latest report
I know its past Crimbo but I thought I'd just like to say that if you did choose leatherman then good choice. I am a locksmith and use mine all day everyday. If I forget to take it to work then its like forgetting my right hand. I can sometimes do a whole job with just my leatherman. Gerber are also good but they are a tad more expensive. My model is the fuse btw.
ski holidays
I was bought a Leatherman Wave for Chrimbo....... Very Happy
ski holidays
Nice mate. Enjoy.
ski holidays
I have one of these too, good when ski touring as they're quite a bit lighter than the Wave.

feef wrote:
I've got, and am a fan of the Leatherman Skeletool CX. I've used cheaper alternatives in the past, and they work well enough, however, they just don't last as long as the Leatherman. maybe I use them more than they are intended Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy