Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SALOMAN X Max 120 - BOOTS

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just bought these and looking forward to using them for the first time in a couple of weeks. They seem to fit really great but the real surprise is that they are 2 sizes smaller than my old boots [now in a 27.5 !!] . I hope it will improve my control when its steeper and narrower.

QUESTION : Has anyone tried changing the standard 120 flex ? There are 2 screws on the back of the boot and adjusting them apparantly alters the flex to 110, but how please ?

The Saloman book of words in the box is silent and the Saloman website has no contact numbers or tech help which is a bit surprising.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kneejerk, welcome to the mad house.... no surprise that you have come down a couple of sizes in the X Max, i measure close to 29.0 and the 27/27.5 shell feels just fine

to soften the boot remove the top bolt of the two in the spine, if you do take it out make sure that you remove the claw nut from the inside, if you don't it can work loose and fall between the shell and liner which will most likely hurt like hell

enjoy the boots
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi CEM - thanks...really can't wait to try them on snow this weekend .................before I unscrew the top bolt , is it easy to put back?
Does it just soften the flex from 120 to 110 or is it more dramatic? Cheers
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kneejerk wrote:
Hi CEM - thanks...really can't wait to try them on snow this weekend .................before I unscrew the top bolt , is it easy to put back?
Does it just soften the flex from 120 to 110 or is it more dramatic? Cheers

it is a case of 5mm allen key, push the bolt into the back of the boot when you have loosened it, this will release the spikes of the claw nut and allow you to get it out... putting it back in is just the reverse, press the nut into the holes it came from and tighen the bolt

softens them by about 10%
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks really helpful
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kneejerk, Bolt out handy in very cold weather when flex would be about 130.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It will also alow the boot to fly back beyond it's original position which is fantastic!

Cynic,

???? What calculations are you working on?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CH2O, Two bolts on spine take top one out for more flex as above in the posts. Similar to Atomic race series.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy