Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plagne 1800

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is Plagne 1800 horribly out of the way? i.e. Is it practically possible to get to the far side of Paradiski and back in one day(!)? I have visions of arriving in Plagne centre well after first lifts and doing nothing but queue.

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Plagne 1800 is not horribly out of the way at all. IIRC it is one or possibly 2 lifts up to Aime la Plagne and then it a couple lifts over to Bellecote. As to queueing - well it depends the time of year you are there.

If you are keen to get over to Villaroger and the far side of Les Arcs and spend as much time there as possible then the simplest way is to get the navette to Bellecote to be there when the Arpette lift opens. That way you should get to Les Arcs by 10:00 and miss out Plagne centre totally
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Doesn't the Melezes lift come up from 1800 straight to the bottom of Bergerie. Take the chair up from there and its a short ski down to Bellecote. One long chair to Arpette and bobs your aunties husband ski down to Vanoise. You can easily get there and back in a day. I've only done Paradiski in January and never ever experienced a queue at all.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A couple of years ago I was there, and we (2 families with 3 slowcoach kids) went from Plagne1800 over to Les Arcs (there in time for lunch) and then back. Afternoon snifter at MontChavin on the way back. If it had just been me and the other father, then we would have halved the time taken on each piste, and doubled the time in Les Arcs

***Added***
We took the skibus to Plagne Centre first thing in the morning, to get a headstart on the lifts.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Depending on how fast you ski and when you start out it's easily do-able. I've done Les Arcs 1950 to Bellecote and back several times. The main holdups seem to be the lifts in La Plagne and some of the bottlenecks in La Plagne with tons of beginners snow-ploughing religiously back and forth at irregular intervals. I'm planning to pop over to the far side of La PLagne (Champaney - something?) this year then head back to Villaroger just to say I've done 'edge to edge' and back in a day.

N.B. always check out the conditions at Villaroger before setting off - it can get slushy and/or worn out before anywhere else on that side basically becasue it's one big piste with some blue 'run-off and loop backs' on the steeper bits. There's a very decent place to eat about half way down - Solliet. If you are making the trip it's worth stopping there. Le Savoy in Les Arcs 2000 is good as well.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RattytheSnowRat, Look up the villaroger challenge on here, there are several tips on how to avoid the tourist bottlenecks too which you refer Toofy Grin
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=41171 NB This thread goes back to 2008!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jirac18, Is about spot on. One quick lift from 1800 and you're at the bottom of a green run and next to the Bergerie lift. Thats fast and the queues are not that bad. From there you are off and and away.
RattytheSnowRat, I was probably one of those snow plough kings a couple of years ago Smile It was my first ski trip.
1800 is a small purpose built resort with a couple of drinking holes. Free bus runs to La Plagne Centre if you want more options. You wont need buses if skiing. Just jump on the lifts.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mike-H wrote:
1800 is a small purpose built resort with a couple of drinking holes. Free bus runs to La Plagne Centre if you want more options. You wont need buses if skiing. Just jump on the lifts.

Except that if you are staying in a chalet on the 'top road' see this map (chalets dionee, le nichoir for example) then whilst in theory you can access the road from the run under the Melezes lift, the snow on that run can be quite iffy and accessing the road quite tricky. Indeed when I stayed in crystal chalet a couple of years ago on day one a fellow guest slipped and fell and bust their coccyx. Skiing to the bottom of the resort involve a large number of steps to get up to the chalets - no thanks.

My mate and I decided that sundowners outside the Arpette (above bellecote) was they way to go at the end of the day, a short ski down and hop on the bus which stops at the roundabout at the other end of the 'top road' serving all the chalets. And when the view looks like this, can you beat it?

ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy