Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dissuade or Persuade....Salomon or Volkl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Chasseur wrote:
I've skied both these skis and really like them. Both great on-piste carvers - sure and fast. The Volkls are heavier - so that may be a consideration in terms of tiredness towards the end of a day.

Surely the answer is there for you in the above. There will be lots of people with opinions here, very few people who have skied both skis but only you who have done so and know how each suites your skiing.

You have the answer and anything else will only be you trying to get external validation of your own choice.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
under a new name wrote:
Crell, the reference point is actually 2007 Nordica SL-R slalom skis....

That's your (and maybe received wisdom's?) reference point; but not mine. I've not tried the Nordicas so can't comment.

OP, as emwmarine says, if you've tried both then you're in a better position than anyone to make the choice for your type & level of skiing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
under a new name wrote:
Crell, the reference point is actually 2007 Nordica SL-R slalom skis....

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! snowHead

Great ski, the current Doberman SL range is based on that ski. They now got the 2V Active inserts, and still retain the XBI CT interface. That was the ski that was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW .......................... got the 2011 SL version.
snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy