Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

budget tips for Les Arcs (Arc2000)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone know any reasonable price mountain restaurants for lunch, or is it all mega scarey exensive?? Any budget apres pint locations in Arc 2000? In fact any stunning insights would be appreciated - I have never been and my freind was there so long ago 2000 wasnt even built wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
THere are several huts dotted around the area with seats outside - if the weather is ok, these are pretty good for a coffee, cake and light bite stop. Prices still a bit eye watering but cheaper than the sit down places.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In the main square one of the restaurants does massive pizzas which are only 11 euros IIRC. In terms of mountain restaurants the best one was the Arpette bar (just up the blue from the bottom of the arpette lift). Not scarily expensive but great views and excellent food. The one at the the top of the arcaboulle lift was horrific - 5 euros for a bottle of coke and not much on offer for lunch.

On one of the roads up to the Chalet D'or in 2000 there are two bars next to each other which do happy hours - one from 5.30-6.30 and the other one from 6.30-7.30 (or something along those lines!!) - 3 euros a pint. Not much atmosphere in 2000 though.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bitoffluff, Hot dog shop in 1950 was reasonably priced, relative to the rest of Les Arcs (- ie: €12 for a small take away jacket potoato Shocked )
For context please remember the French National minium wage is just of shy of €10 per hour. UK is £6.19
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boredsurfing wrote:
bitoffluff, Hot dog shop in 1950 was reasonably priced, relative to the rest of Les Arcs ......

IIRC that is Meli's and they also do a good "meal deal" Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A plat d'jour can be found in many places for around 10 to 13 euro. My particular favourites are the chalet pre st espirit (it appears to change its name every year), and the Cor???? as you approach the Vanoise Express. For about 8 euros the bar at the northern end of Arc 1600 does excellent burgers. As a basic rule any where with road access is cheaper, so grabbing lunch in 1600, or Vallandry is usually the best option. They are usually within a 100m of the piste anyway.

As to cheap Apre Ski the last time I stayed in Arc 2000 it was Whistlers dream, or a similar name.

I am sorry I am not good with names but simply remember where the better restaurants are
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whistlers Dream definitely rings a bell!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For "cheap," your best bets are:
The "tent" just below the base station of Arcabulle lift - a good place to stop on the way home as you can ski down to 2000 from there.
Arpette - just up from the base station of Arpette lift on 1800. They do a pre-bookable fondue evening on Weds evenings.
Bar Mont Blanc - a British boarders' bar on the side of the piste in Vallandry just above the base station of Grizzly.
Bear in mind, nowhere in LA is cheap!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chamcham, The 'tent' is actually called the Bulle and is a real building now that looks like a mushroom (sort of). the Arpette and Mont Blanc are not cheap anymore, but I also like them.

The outdoor snack bars around the mounatin are cheaper, but you need good weather. The sandwich bar in Arc 1600 is a good bet as is the kebab take away in Arc 1800. Bar-King-Mad in Arc 1800 is also good. The Olympic hotel in vallandrry do a lunch time menu some days which is ok price wise.

There are quite a few other places. but most prices are about the same. Hope that helps.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks everyone, that really useful - its alway tricky going t a new resort on a bit of a budget
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy