Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow shoe routes (and racing) in the Grand Massif

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The good lady wife is looking for some info on snowshoe routes and if possible any races that might be happening in the Grand Massif area or nearby. Does anyone have any info on either routes or races!!

She's after decent / long routes if possible, as she wants to use show shoeing for ultra marathon training as she's hoping to do the UTMB in 2013. but really anything would do.

thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BenAS, does she know you call her that? Shocked Shocked Shocked

In our resort, Les Saisies, there is an increasing amount of "trail" sort of stuff available

http://www.sports-lessaisies.com/fr/trail/evenements-trail-savoie-trail-noel-147.html

some of this is seriously "sportif" and might suit a keen marathon-trainer well! I'm sure there'd be a lot more in a big area like the GM.

Just be wary of avalanche risk if heading off alone - snowshoers aren't exempt.

Resort tourist offices should have all the info you need.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

does she know you call her that?
am I being a bit slow, I've always referred to her as the GLW - it's a term of affection!

thanks for the info, we're hoping to get some more avalanche training, but don't worry we're always careful and take all the the kit. It looks like that race was organised by the guys that run the UTMB.

It would be great to find some routes in the Gand Massif we can train on this winter when we don't want to ski!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BenAS, never seen UTMB before so just googled it..the web site does not really show a map of the distance or elevation to be covered but checking a few other sites its 166KM with elevation gain of 9,600KM.. all i can say is good luck to the 'good lady wife' and i wish i could join .. unfortunately that day is in my diary to wash my hair Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah, it's not a race for the faint hearted! But she loves the long distance running, it can seem odd to some, but it's just what she loves, I try and keep up but really all I try and do is not slow her down too much! But we're both looking forward to some winter running/snow shoeing!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy