Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Igluski - Offered my holiday for £115 less Just 72 hours after booking!

Poster: A snowHead
AsWayneC, says, top tip...never go back to a holiday/hotel/airline/car hire or any other "service" site without clearing your cookies!

It's like going "back" to a particular car boot stall and then trying to haggle!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
holidayloverxx, He paid £699 for Mayrhofen on the 19th Jan...................Bargain.
wink

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 16-12-12 9:22; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimastaaah wrote:
holidayloverxx, He paid £699 for Mayrhofen on the 19th Jan..................... Bwahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

20th January 2013 - 3*plus Chalet Markus in St Anton Flying out LGW/MAN .................£325. For starters!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the OP is either Mr Bagsofmoney, or Mr Foolandhismoney. He's certainly in denial over the cost of a good ski holiday. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Skimastaaah - Even if the OP is either of those I hardly think he needs nor deserves you so obscenely laughing at his misfortune. I'm sure most SH's would show a bit more sympathy but not you it seems. Have a think and don't be so antagonistic please as I'm sure if you felt you'd been ripped off you wouldn't want folks laughing in your face!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Out of season, Jan 19th.............. wait for a great deal last minute. Skullie wink

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 16-12-12 9:23; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimastaaah, I don't need to read it again, I understood it the first time. My point stands. The Op may or may not have been indignant and dismissive but there's is no point nor need to fan flames in such a manner. Simply it's rude.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
russ_e wrote:
You can not book a luxury chalet in the Lech for £600.............................

.................Please only post facts not fiction.

We didn't really fancy taking the risk for a small saving.

It's not really about holding ones nerve, but about having a fair and open pricing policy. Changing the price of your holidays every 15 minutes is going to annoy some of your customers. I notice after booking and was annoyed.................. can you imagine if you booked your holiday to find 15 minutes £115 cheaper...............

Like I said .................I'm just glad some of the dreamers in this thread won't be there.

Right on, bro! wink

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 16-12-12 9:24; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimastaaah, You are very much missing my point. You are now entering the realms of juvenile "he started it" territory. Ccnsider what I'm saying to not be so inflammatory openly laughing at someone else's misfortune. Enough said, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 15-12-12 21:56; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jirac18 wrote:
skimastaaah, You are very much missing my point.

I could not have put it simpler! wink

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 16-12-12 9:26; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Like I said, you enjoy the rest of your weekend.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
jirac18 wrote:
Like I said, you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Yeah, ta! wink

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 16-12-12 9:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jirac18, Cheers m8! wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Apologies if I have come across as a bit of an idiot. I was just slightly peeved that I had just wasted £115 of each of my friends cash!

For some unknown reason I have just checked the Iglu site again and it seems that most of the hotels have sold out and the price has gone up for the remaining ones!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
russ_e, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's always narks when you find out you could've got something a bit cheaper, but you pay your money and take your chance don't you. When you clicked 'buy' you were happy with the price you were paying or you wouldn't have clicked the button. Everyones hindsight is 20/20, so just enjoy your holiday with your mates.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Really, those feckers at ikea have reduced Christmas trees by 96% from £25 to £1, if I had bought one I would be livid.

What's next? All the Lego I bought last week, be in the sale, better not be.

If it is on sale they need to sell more , simple economics. This is why iPads will not be £200 in January.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

I have just checked the Iglu site again

There's something I don't quite get, why buy through Igluski rather than just going to the Crystal or Inghams sites? (they're the only ones I bother with as no-one else flys from Scotland that I can see, any info to the contrary appreciated). Crystal claim on their own site that they will be cheaper direct, which is what I would probably expect as the reseller has their markup. It's like the olden days when we used "travel agents", any other old farts like me remember that? Now we have T'internet we don't bother with that stuff.
snow report
Iglu are cheaper than both and allow you to search all tour operators at once. I guess they give some of their discount back to the customer.

Not wanting to sound like a stuck record Phil but my complaint was at the speed at which our holiday was discounted. You expect a Christmas tree to be cheaper now but you don't expect to be £460 out of pocket within 15 minutes. If you walked out of the shop with the tree and saw a sign saying 20% off - I would expect you would walk back in asking for your money back Smile
snow report
russ_e, Sorry russ, I do agree. It does me in When it happens.

Have you taken it up with them?
snow report
I have been on the wrong end of a deal in a chalet before, it sucks.
snow conditions
Eh? How FFS? Were you on the wrong end when you booked - I mean when you either phoned, booked on line, sent a carrier pigeon, used telepathy, whatever? These are commercial (well one might wish to believe so, but that's another story) businesses, not sodding charities set up with the sole purpose of taking government money to even out the playing field for poor old skiing punters.

Come on guys let it go - take responsibility for your actions and stop blaming the poor, poor old TOs for once.
snow conditions
Chasseur wrote:
Eh? How FFS? Were you on the wrong end when you booked - I mean when you either phoned, booked on line, sent a carrier pigeon, used telepathy, whatever? These are commercial (well one might wish to believe so, but that's another story) businesses, not sodding charities set up with the sole purpose of taking government money to even out the playing field for poor old skiing punters.

Come on guys let it go - take responsibility for your actions and stop blaming the poor, poor old TOs for once.

Rule number ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!................... Never trust a Tour Operator!!!!!!!!

Rule Number Two .............................. NEVER book via a clearing house website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snowHead
latest report
Yeah, probably best spending the money on new sofas and stuff like that.
latest report
Quote:

probably best spending the money on new sofas and stuff like that

Really? What's it like, is it good? I've never done it Skullie Is it as good as buying new skis, new boots, skiing holidays?
ski holidays
andyrew wrote:
Quote:

Really? What's it like, is it good? I've never done it Skullie Is it as good as buying new skis, new boots, skiing holidays?

I for one couldn't say...but clearly it must work for some, given the number of DFS etc out there.
snow report
Chasseur wrote:
andyrew wrote:
Quote:

I for one couldn't say...but clearly it must work for some, given the number of DFS etc out there.

I am currently being informed that we can be £1000 better off by getting a new sofa.

I do not understand the calculation of £2000-£1000 ( savings as in sale ) =£1000 outlay for new leather sofa equates with me being better off.

I think it is £1000 sofa for sale at the right price.
snow report
An argument I am quite familiar with Laughing
latest report
Chasseur wrote:
An argument I am quite familiar with Laughing

Its a bit like the £1000's I have saved on shoes that "we" wear about three times then throw in the back of the wardrobe, that never match the next dress.

Mrs BBB " Look Kurt Geiger are having a sale, these are ONLY £245, reduced for £395" what a bargain.

Me, "Really"

Mrs. BBB " Yes look!!!"

Me. " I can see the price, it was the bargain bit I was confused at?"

Mrs. BBB "Sulk"

Then buys them anyway.
snow report
God, are you married to Imelda Marcos too?
snow report
Chasseur wrote:
God, are you married to Imelda Marcos too?

Blahblahblah is God?

Happy birthday for Tuesday, God! Little Angel
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Laughing

Well maybe a saint... Laughing
snow report
Chasseur wrote:
Laughing