Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shooting video and photo in 3v with no time to research.

Poster: A snowHead
In 36 hours I will be in the 3 valleys. I have been asked to shoot video and photos for a tour group organiser but I don't have much time to research the resort and my lack of experience there doesn't help. Is there any advice that snowHeads can give on things that are a must to be documented. I effectively have 6 days to capture as much of it as I can with the addition of 3 people agreeing to wearing gopro's whilst they are out there.

PS: I will be staying in VT.

Any help appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Let me know what you find, will be out early January and aint been to to the 3 V's myself yet, also staying in VT.

Good luck!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
what brief have they given you?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's a featureless moonscape so I wouldn't be that arsed about getting around lots of places. Some pow shots, some piste cruising, scoffing it over a nice lunch at that posh place down in Les manures, bit of larging it at the Folie Douce, lingering bikini hot tub shots - job done.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yep completely featureless and without any redeeming features at all.....

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/2010-vintage/p21591-1850-at-night.html

but if they were paying me to do the job there is no way i'd bang all the shots and video in the can in one day and spend the rest skiing and having fun, no I'd commit myself to days of helish slaving behind the lens to get it nailed for the client.

Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob wrote:
It's a featureless moonscape so I wouldn't be that arsed about getting around lots of places. Some pow shots, some piste cruising, scoffing it over a nice lunch at that posh place down in Les manures, bit of larging it at the Folie Douce, lingering bikini hot tub shots - job done.

Brits getting drunk on lager at the Frog, sledging down the street on t-trays then throwing up on the pavement.

Skier with bright clothing doing jump from 1 meter snow lip then high fiving his mates.

Knobs in evening wear having picnic on the slopes.

Helicopters, lots of helicopters. And snowscooters.

Start with a timelapse shot of dawn over the resort. Fast moving clouds, piste bashers whizzing about etc.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davidof wrote:

Start with a timelapse shot of dawn over the resort. Fast moving clouds, piste bashers whizzing about etc.

Don't forget lots of slo-mo and dubstep.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Also loads of light leaks and other effects overlays added in post.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Brits getting drunk on lager at the Frog, sledging down the street on t-trays then throwing up on the pavement.

Skier with bright clothing doing jump from 1 meter snow lip then high fiving his mates.

Knobs in evening wear having picnic on the slopes.

Helicopters, lots of helicopters. And snowscooters.

but just to get a bit of balance, you also need to add:

someone trudging in their ski boots back to their chalet miles from anywhere in Meribel

hapless beginners being carved up by faster (but not necessarily more skilful) skiers and boarders on those pistes down to the rondpoint in Meribel, about 4 pm

merry punter being presented with a bill for €25 for 3 hot chocolates and a beer

barmaid trying to deal with a French customer who speaks no English

a €6.50 bowl of "French onion soup" in Val Thorens, with close ups of each of the 8 bits of onion floating round in it.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dont forget the russians in 1850 and the little dogs in prada coats crapping on the bellcote
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If it's for a student trip, or similar. Here is my take from last year!

http://youtube.com/v/fGMMqtA7r94
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I take it this is a last-minute agreement? If not, you should have been prepped beforehand, both through your own homework and by the client telling you what they require...

Did they give you an actual brief or do you have carte blanche?

My advice would be to shoot double what you think is nesseccary then shoot some more to be on the safe side Wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Specialman wrote:
I take it this is a last-minute agreement? If not, you should have been prepped beforehand, both through your own homework and by the client telling you what they require...

Did they give you an actual brief or do you have carte blanche?

My advice would be to shoot double what you think is nesseccary then shoot some more to be on the safe side Wink

Last minute (like literally 2 hours before I made the thread) and as far as the brief went "make it look fun". Yep. Took everything to contain myself.

Been looking at some of the photos and videos it is generally a bit of a bore but I will see what I can do. Thanks guys.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jin, I live close to the 3V's / Val T. Are you requiring assistance, as in wearing the gopro. If so let me know as I'm not busy next week. Was out skiing in some great powder today at Meribel Smile
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:
merry punter being presented with a bill for €25 for 3 hot chocolates and a beer

Prices have come down since the 90's then?
ski holidays
[/quote]merry punter being presented with a bill for €25 for 3 hot chocolates and a beer[/quote]

Come to sunny Italy, half that price! €5 a media and 2/2.50 a choccie..
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy