Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach January 2013

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, my first post on here so please be gentle Very Happy

I'm heading to Saalbach with my boyfriend January 19th for a week. He is a good intermediate, I am a confident beginner going on intermediate skiier.

We're staying in Bergers Sporthotel.

Its our first time at this resort. Any advice on runs to do, places to go, things to see.

Really excited Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
[b]Becstar[/b Welcome!

There are plenty of threads on here about Saalbach - in the top left corner of this page is a handy search function.

The most recent and comprehensive thread is here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2104422&highlight=saalbach#2104422

Snowheads seem to be planning to congregate in the Hinterhag Alm at 3.30pm, Bauers after 5pm and Bobby's in the evenings / weekends (especially for the rugby, football and live music).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Becstar, If you send me your e-mail address, I'll send you my comprehensive 17 page 'Rough Guide' to Saalbach-Hinterglemm, covering the skiing and apres-ski and most things you're likely to want to know, as well as a few others you probably don't.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Becstar wrote:

We're staying in Bergers Sporthotel. Smile

We're in Bergers right now... If you have any questions about it, fire away
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmmmm not sure what kind of questions to ask about hotels!! I think the only concerns are my other half's - can i get a cooked breakfast and is the food ok!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The food is superb. Every night there is a 'salad course' to start. Followed by a soup course. Then a main course (I haven't seen a vegetarian option, but I'm sure there is one if required. Finally a pudding course with alternative option of cheese. The first night was a set menu, but from that point onwards you choose which of 3 main courses you want for the following night. On one night they have a 'farmers buffet, which is in essence a carvery.

Breakfast is buffet style; with cereals, yoghurt, toast, breads, sliced meats and sliced cheeses (as is the continental way). There is also a small amount of scrambled egg, beans, Austrian sausage and Austrian bacon.

The hotel is bang in the centre of the village (as are seemingly all of the Saalbach hotels). Therefore if you are an après-fiend and will be partying until 4am, you,ll be in good company. If you're an old fart like me, who goes to sleep by 11pm but is a REALLY light sleeper, then you might want to bring some earplugs! (we did, and they've allowed me to sleep like a baby)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jamescollings, I'll be sure to tip-toe as I go past Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Saalbach is wonderful. Sport Hotel is clean and central with a great Pool and Sauna area which is very refreshing after a days Skiing. Food was great, particularily on Farmers buffet night when they have a great selection of meats. The bar can get lively, it's a good night when Spacey, the crazy Geordie sings there.

Across the road from the Hotel is Costellos which is a lively après bar and later in the evening nightclub.

right behind the hotel is the nursery slope, really suited to absolute beginners so maybe you're past that level.

Come out of the Hotel and turn right, walk up to the center of the village , maybe 200 yards and turn right , this will bring you up to the Kohlmais Ski run, I would suggest this is your best starting place, the chairlift takes you a short trip up and the gentle slope is a good place to test your boots and gain your confidence. Just across from the drop off point to this chair is the famous Hinterhagalm, probably the best Après ski bar in Europe ! Only problem is getting back down after a skin full ! When you have warmed up on this slope, rather than skiing back down to the chair lift, if you go off to the left there is another chair lift which will take you further up the mountain, first stop is a easy blue (52) which has a nice restraunt half way down, or keep on the chair and have a choice of blues and reds and test yourself a little more.

At the end of your days skiing if you manage to get out of the Hinterhagalm and get back to the base of the slope, there are a few good après brolly bars, just across the road the very lively Spitzbub is one of my favourites, especially when Spacey has a night here. (no I'm not his agent !)

When you've found your ski legs , instead of turning right from the center of the village walk a little further and turn left towards Hotel Peter, here you can get the Bernkogelbahn chair, which gives you possibilities of a nice run back down to Saalbach or a fun day going over to Hinterglemm, finishing at another great après bar the Goatstall. You can get a bus back from Hinterglemm but it is a bit of a walk to the bus stop, otherwise you can Ski Back.

Enjoy your stay, I'm sure you will.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

the Bernkogelbahn chair

Last year this was replaced by the new Bernkogel gondola cable-car.

(Nice to hear from another Hinterhagalm fan!)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Arriving January 26th also staying in the Berger Sports Hotel. Group of 12 Mature (45-54 yrs) very good intermediate/advanced skiers. Love to ski and cover the mountains but like to Apres. Picked up loads of good info already from this and the other Saalbach thread. Tatman's Tours if I say pretty please would you be kind enough for me to see your 'Saalbach report'. New to the forum and have not worked out how to PM yet!! As 'Entertainments Officer' for our group I want to make sure we do not miss out on wasted quality Apres time in the most suitable watering holes. Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scarlet Fez, click on the red snowhead under his name.....bingo.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy