Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Zeniths

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The salesman in Snow and Rock Manchester has tried to talk me out of some Atomic Metron B11s and Volkl Allstars, but says that for piste bashing with a hint of off piste, the new Rossi Zeniths are recommended. Any views?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tried them two or three years back (maybe longer now, lordy how time flies) and was very impressed. Mtmate Dave treid sone in Val d'Isere in jan this year and was equally impressed. worth considering.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Peter B,

He is probably referring to the new Z9s, which is a new model this season. I have just got a pair, and when I took them to S&R in Manc to get the bindings mounted the manager was raving about them.

Having tried them at Castleford on Monday, I am now in love! They are a fantastic ski and I can't wait to get them to the mountains. A friend of mine tried them last season, and I copied a review he wrote into this thread:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=170205&highlight=z9#170205
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peter B, You'd love the Metron M11's - a real step forward from your X-Screams Shocked ) . It's no secret that I'm a Metron fan. Use the Metron sizing scale to determine the length: http://www.backcountry.com/store/sizingchart.html?sizing_id=149 If your between Metron sizes always go shorter as they're designed to be skied short! The M11 has the same dims as my Metron b5's but's not as stiff.

The M11's forte with it's 11m radius is it's great short radius carved turns, which also work well in med/long turns. I haven't skied the Z9's (hopefully will at the ski test at the PSB next week) but they're tipped to be Rossi's best seller this season.

Unfortunately EB's at Castleford don't stock either ski so you can't demo them there. You'll have to tap up beanie1 & rockyrobin to arrange a demo wink. You're very welcome to try my b5's, afterall recent events have proved that your man enough Laughing

beanie1, have you skied RR's M11's as it looks on paper like it could be a close call between the M11's & the Z9's?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon,

Not tried them. According to Marc he's not been to Lions for a while. Where are you rockyrobin? I made it back last week and hopefully next week. Will you be there spyderjon?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
beanie1, Sorry couldn't make it last Mon. Unfortunately we had to put our Rottie dog to sleep on Sat & I wanted to get home on Mon evening before Deb got home from work to an empty house.

Can't make it on the next two Mondays as I'm not working in Leeds (going to the PSB in LDA Toofy Grin ) so I think it will be 7th Nov next time I'm there. You'll be even further ahead of us through the gates by then Mad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Im thinking of buying the Z1. Anyone know how well they perform and are they worth buying?
I have seen them at www.oggie.com for £241.49
My current skis are Rossi Cut 10.4. I want to upgrade to better skis.
David
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the z1 is pretty much a beginner ski if im not mistaken. £241 aint that great a price either. Found a great price on some m11 metrons
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ATOMIC-METRON-11-mit-Neox-4-12-Bindung-Laenge-162-cm_W0QQitemZ8714538984QQcategoryZ40896QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You cant really compare the performance of the z1 and z9.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well im not sure if the Z1 is a total beginner ski as i have found them at Snow and Rock.
http://www.snowandrock.com/shop/activity/ski/equipment/skis/products/EVONX.htm
It says the ease of turning and overall reliability of the Zenith Z1 make it a great ski for level 4 and above skiers.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
the "snow and rock" scale has been debated before, I;'d say "level 4 and above" on S&R scae means a beginner ski
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.techsupportforskiers.com/ski_reviews_rossignol.htm has a review of the Z9 and a note (under Actys) on Rossi marketing speak. Interesting comment about the Scratch Pro.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
On that same site they seem to absolutely love the new Head Monster i.M 88. Has anyone here tried it?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ok how about the Z5? I have just read a good review in the Daily Mail Ski & Snowboard.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
close this thread now. 1 because they are gay skis and 2 becayse Sydergay's proor rottie was put to sleep. i grew up with rotties and dobermans, best dogs ever. w.o.r.d.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy