Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best liquer for the hip flask?

Poster: A snowHead
Goldschlager cinnamon schnapps is my hip flask favourite, it's lovely and warming, quite hard to get hold of though (oh dear - I've just seen Amazon are selling it Toofy Grin )
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
still waiting for someone to own up to filling a camelback instead of flask Shocked
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
now there's an idea - might stop the tube/mouthpiece from freezing!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A good light rum infused with blackerries in a rumtopf. If not just add a little ribena or blackcurrenat cordial to take the edge off it. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
barry,

I'm not that sophisticated. I've got a rope and a pollypin. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I can't decide if I'm just cheap or sensible . . . I don't carry a flask and rarely drink spirits on the hill . . . though a freezing beer at breakfast to take the fuzz off ma tongue is not that unusual. I just think that I need all my senses to be relatively sharp. I think it's also becoming an issue in liability within accident situations. The last thing you need to have on you after a collision, whoever's fault it may be, is a drained booze flask.

Yes I know we're all sensible bunnies and would never abuse ourselves but with the advent of skis that mask our incompetence and increase our speed, it may be time for a rethink.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque, but what about those of us that are just a drink short of being a 'decent skier'? I think I would have still been up the Col de L'audzin in zero vis if it hadn't have been for a slug from my trusty hip flask. For me at least it just makes me slightly braver and this does my skiing no harm whatsoever.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 12-12-12 17:22; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Genepei
Damson Gin
Damson Vodka
Sambuca
Ray & Nephew
Talisker
Glenmorangie
Islay
Ochantoshan (sp?)
Flugel + Jaegermeister (without red bull, takes up too much volue!) aka "let the duck out"
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I dislike Southern Comfort, but when offered a nip last year in Les Arcs when it was the cold snap, absolutely enjoyed it. The toffee vodka went down a little to well, like a liquid sweet.

Our singing went down well in the "Hotel Golf".

Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
mine very often comes home as full as it left (depending sometimes if there's porridge on the breaky menu wink ), but after a nice sarny lunch at the top of a long skin, a couple of nips are just the ticket while taking in the views

musher, nice - i do find my hooch tasting a bit plasticy after a while in the bladder Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Megamum, if you need a drink to make you brave, that's just a wee bit disappointing. A drink to celebrate overcoming a challenge would be more appropriate.

Fear is JUST our brain chemistry. As we age this changes and makes us more fearful, it is possible to reprogram the chemistry set but using drugs to mask the reaction in not the way to do it.

Don't get me wrong, I love good beer and wine but I'm starting to wonder if it has a place out on the slopes.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Standee, not too many folk likeing BOTH Talisker AND Auchentoshan (I cant stand the big TCP efforts), probably another thread tho
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Percy special should be 60% Whisky, 40% Cherry Heering (cherry brandy if you cannot find Heering). 50:50 is just too sweet. As drunk by the Percy foxhounds.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not sure what to put in this hip flask it holds 1.8 L Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Masque, Hic!! Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 12-12-12 17:23; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
livetoski, are you telling us you have a very fat arѕe?
ski holidays
Sailor Jerry - spiced rum,

or

50/50 of Jack D / Baileys.
ski holidays
Circusthing, Jack d and Baileys, never heard that one. I am a fan of Brandy & Baileys (known as mother's milk!)
snow report
Masque, I do think you have a point, when you read some of the comments about how much people drink on their ski holidays; they must be way over the limit before they get on the first lift in the morning!

Megamum, I find music is the best thing to make me brave, especially in poor conditions, chopped up snow etc because it helps me to turn rhythmically and keep going. Keeps the joints all moving, rather than "seizing up".
ski holidays
barry, It's a lot better than it sounds. It causes the Baileys to MTFU and be a proper drink.
ski holidays
barry wrote:
Standee, not too many folk likeing BOTH Talisker AND Auchentoshan (I cant stand the big TCP efforts), probably another thread tho

Indeed. Speyside errday Smile
ski holidays
Standee wrote:
Genepei
Damson Gin
Damson Vodka
Sambuca
Ray & Nephew
Talisker
Glenmorangie
Islay
Ochantoshan (sp?)
Flugel + Jaegermeister (without red bull, takes up too much volue!) aka "let the duck out"

how many hip flasks to you carry?
ski holidays
James the Last wrote:
Percy special should be 60% Whisky, 40% Cherry Heering (cherry brandy if you cannot find Heering). 50:50 is just too sweet. As drunk by the Percy foxhounds.

I hunted with the West Percy and ocasionly with the Milvain and made mine with Brandy... I liked it better that way...
ski holidays
Sloe gin
Laphroaig (sic?) if something stronger needed
latest report
Scomber wrote:
barry wrote:

Indeed. Speyside errday Smile

Right on, but alternated with some smooth-as-silk triple distilled beauties from the real home of whiskey wink
snow report
dobby, laphroaig

That's a bit posh for a hip flask shirley
snow conditions
livetoski wrote:
Not sure what to put in this hip flask it holds 1.8 L Shocked Shocked

Need a special pocket for that flask wink

Southern Comfort is my tipple of choice Very Happy
latest report
barry,

Now your talking - break out the Middleton Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
griffterski, Shirley not. Nice with a little water. Real cockle warmer. halfhand, southern comfort? Bad experience when I was 17 and cannot drink it since
ski holidays
dobby, Doesn't the snow react badly with the peat?
snow report
Glayva Very Happy
ski holidays
musher wrote:
barry,

A bit overrated given the price but as they're all on the bones of their a*se back home I do keep a bottle (special ski days only wink )
ski holidays
musher wrote:
barry,

just have hmmmmmmmmm...... out of interest who's name is your bottle? Also what do people do with the boxes?
ski holidays
ansta1, nice work, mine is signed Barry Crockett (ain't they all?). As for the box, good question as they're lovely. I've got 2 just in the whiskey cupboard (yes I have a cupboard full wink )

Do you think it's good value at £100+ ?
ski holidays
Another vote for Damson Gin and Damson vodka. And our tried and tested Bramble whisky.

Bit of a disaster this year as no damsons. So Bramble gin/whisky and vodka I think.
ski holidays
Frangelico hazelnut liqueur. Amazing tipple on the slopes.
ski holidays
I've never taken a hip flask.

I just save myself for the end of the day Little Angel
snow report
barry wrote:
ansta1, nice work, mine is signed Barry Crockett (ain't they all?). As for the box, good question as they're lovely. I've got 2 just in the whiskey cupboard (yes I have a cupboard full wink )

Do you think it's good value at £100+ ?

They are, the late master distiller. Personally yes I do, it's not the sort of drink you sit down and have a couple of glasses, but late at night, after a cracking meal I do like to settle down in front of a good fire and a finger or two of whiskey.

Monkey shoulder would be the regular drink.
snow report
Sloe gin is good but Port is my favorite. Not too harsh, tasty and gently warming!
latest report
ansta1 wrote:

Monkey shoulder would be the regular drink.

I'm hearin ya - its one of my faves an all. If you're likin monkey shoulder, check out Tomintoul 16, probably my main go to at the moment, alongside a couple of Irish bottles
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy