Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Female Brit Snowboarder in a Coma

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2246314/British-woman-26-life-support-machine-suffocated-snow-drift-45-minutes-medics-reached-horrific-snowboard-accident.html

Terrible news.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mollerski, terrible news indeed. I hate reading links from the Mail, the nasty spiteful comments at the bottom beggar belief.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hells Bells, exactly my thoughts too.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I never read the comments.

The Mail Online are very 'on it' with breaking news.

I can ignore any editorial bias or tittle tattle.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They had this story published by 2.00 they are good at breaking news, crap at reporting it.

Sorry for the girl, what a shame.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
There's every chance that her friends or family may visit this forum, if they aren't members already.

My thoughts and prayers are with them all at this terrible time Sad Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very sad indeed. The family sound as though they're being brave; very positive remarks about the local rescue and hospital services and seeing the whole thing as just a tragic accident (which it obviously is) rather than "somebody's fault".
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Why does that spiteful rag feel the need to go a bit "Judith Chalmers" on the resort info, nothing like a bit of sensationalism.

Hope Mimi pulls through, I can't quite see it though unfortunately.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How sad Sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Standee wrote:
Why does that spiteful rag feel the need to go a bit "Judith Chalmers" .

OK, the Mail is rubbish, but this is irrelevant. Can we drop the paper snobbery and consider the tragic message?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Theres always the telegraph for all you Mail haters
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9737202/British-student-fighting-for-life-after-Chamonix-snowboard-accident.html

Probably have to wait until tomorrow for The Guardian wink

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 11-12-12 19:26; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mollerski, no sobbery intended.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-20682608

BBC link. Very sad indeed.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I don't think the Mail is as bad as sometimes (remember that one where they thought it relevant to tell us how much the house belonging to the bereaved parents was worth?). A bit of "background" for readers who know nothing of skiing, or Chamonix, isn't entirely daft.

She sounds like a wonderful girl, with a great family. Sad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Very sad news. Finger crossed she pulls through despite the slim chances Sad Can't help but think that some social cleansing wouldn't be a bad thing after reading some of the incredibly heartless and disgraceful comments in the mail
snow report
So, so unlucky and so sad. Sad
ski holidays
Very sad story, thoughts are with the family. Sad
ski holidays
Sad
snow conditions
She's died.

Very sad indeed.
snow report
Yes, just read that, how very sad for her family.
ski holidays
Very sad indeed, but given the background, much better than waiting weeks and weeks in the forlorn hope of a miracle. Must be horrendous for them, thinking of how she died, with nobody nearby to help. Sad
snow report
Very sad. Condolences to family and friends.
latest report
Very sad to hear about something like this Sad
Sincere condolences to her family and friends
ski holidays
Sad condolences to all who knew her. Very sad indeed
latest report
That really is sad. Condolences to her family.
snow conditions
Dreadful. My thoughts go out to her family and friends.
ski holidays
Pedantica, +1.
I am just so very very sad.
snow report
Poor girl, poor family. Desperately sad Sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
very very sad indeed, it may please a few of you to know i enjoyed throwing the Daily Mail journo's out of the shop yesterday, proper scum. RIP Sweet Mimms. xx
snow report
RIP. Sad
ski holidays
Sad
ski holidays
Poor kid, Sad def. sounds like a tragic accident and something that would have not been been practical to foresee or prevent. Thoughts are with her family.
latest report
Jeez, a bit sobering for all of us. Think how we've laughed at friends who have fallen into snowdrifts. Only last week I fell into a hole tree skiing, and although I was OK and with a guide, it doesn't take much to imagine a worse outcome. On Tuesday I fell really heavily on a piste edge onto ice lumps to the extent I felt faint afterwards, no skiing since and still having problems with stairs, and again it could have been worse.

A lesson and warning to all of us, poor girl.
ski holidays
I heard a snowboarder died in Chamonix this weekend. So that must be her. How terrible!
ski holidays
Just heard on the news that a guy who I skied past getting heli'ed off the mountain (Nordkette) the other day had a similar accident - tree well, unconscious by the time he was pulled out. He's ok now, thankfully.

Pretty sobering, I hadn't really thought of the possibility on that particular terrain, not even proper trees (let alone tightly-set), just a couple of bushes...
snow report
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-20718270

How sad

I guess if we can take anything from it's to always carry ID?
latest report
It's all very well people on the papers commenting we should know the dangers of off-piste - this was at the side of the piste - how many of us have gone for a hop over a small jump at the side of the piste etc? I know I have...

So so sorry for her. So tragic Sad at least she died doing what she loved I guess. Sounded like a great girl Sad Sad
snow conditions
Charity set up by her family in her memory http://www.goodstory.org.uk/ Article in the Times today
ski holidays
crazy_skier_jules, Sorry for her also, on your point she was outside the piste markers, so was off the piste with the risk we all know is there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy