Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to ski near Allevard les bains?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just found out that the work has dumped me out in the Alpes next week in the above town. I have no idea if there is skiing near by so I'm looking for some info from you learned folk. Is there anything within 30 min drive and if so whats it like (altitude, km's of piste etc) ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The nearest is about half an hour, 30 km or so.... Les 7 Laux (Prapoutel). Not exactly high though, it'll be sticky at resort level. From what I remember of the place it's about as ugly as Flaine! 100km of pistes. If I were you I would drive at hour or so to the resorts around Chambéry instead....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PG wrote:
The nearest is about half an hour, 30 km or so....

What about Allevard Les-Bians itself? It looks quite interesting from these two sites... skiing until mid-April apparently. I wonder what floodlit skiing is like?

http://www.pistehors.com/resorts/northern/belledonne/allevard.htm

http://www.allevard-les-bains.com/tourisme/default.htm
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Actually you'd be better off heading for Alpe d'Huez, not that much more than an hour away....

Edited.... hmm.. nearer two hours perhaps, thinking about it. So back to Les 7 Laux Prapoutel and Le Collet, both 30 mins or so away.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 24-03-04 18:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sherman-maeir, bit iffy at this time of year.... still, if you're only going for a day or two, worth a try!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PG wrote:
Actually you'd be better off heading for Alpe d'Huez, not that much more than an hour away.

You're right Pete, an hour if you go via Uriage and then park at Oz. I agree, nothing to see at les Sept Laux, best going elsewhere. ;-)

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 26-03-04 0:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the help guys.
I've got 2 days in/near Cham and then drive down to Allevard-L-B on Monday for a conference and customer entertainment bollox. Monday& Tuesday is work, Wednesday is a free day and so is 1/2 Friday, Sat and Sun. Our accommodation is a hotel at 500m near Allevard les bain so Wednesday & Friday we'll probably ski in around Allevard and go further afield on Sat and Sun.
Following some links from the info you guys supplied I managed to find http://www.ski-ride-france.com/map/map.htm It has the best layout of French ski resorts I've seen.
Thanks again guys.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Maybe it's too early in morning, but ok, the map's quite good.... but the resort guide seems to be missing most places!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy