Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ortovox 3+ Recall after 17th Oct 2012

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ortovox have just announced a recall of all 3+ transceivers purchased after the 17th Oct 2012. This issue does not affect transceivers before this date.

Please visit the following page to see if your transceiver needs an update:

http://www.ortovox.com/3737--recall_campaign_3plus.html

RECALL CAMPAIGN ORTOVOX 3+ AVALANCHE TRANSCEIVER
During search training, avalanche transceivers of the ORTOVOX 3+ model switched to
transmission mode unintentionally after 120 seconds in search mode. Internal tests
showed that a certain production batch of the 3+ can exhibit this behavior. We are responding
immediately and, as a precaution, are recalling all devices shipped to vendors
after October 17, 2012, for inspection and a software update. North America is
not affected by this recall.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION
The safety of our customers has been our top priority for over 33 years. Despite our
continuously optimized quality control measures, we have now discovered a scenario
that has never occurred before in our QA processes. Due to the use of a new motion
sensor used for follow-up avalanche switchover, a safety-relevant mistake occurred in
practice, despite successful function tests: The affected 3+ devices do not receive a
sensor signal, despite motion, and hence incorrectly activate the follow-up avalanche
switchover after 120 seconds without user intervention; i.e., they switch from search
mode to transmission mode. Manual switching of the device to search mode allows the
search to be continued. However, in serious cases, this defect can hinder or impair
rescue measures. In case of burial, the secure transmission function of the device is
still ensured with no limitations, despite this error.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not the same as this particular problem, but my 3+ went belly-up on me whilst skiing in January last season. It was only chance that I happened to look at it during a lunch stop when I noticed the display had seized with all the icons showing. I sent it back and they returned it quick enough with a new display, software upgrade and fresh batteries. However, despite numerous requests they did not offer an explanation about what had gone wrong. Whilst it would be unrealistic to expect 100% reliability in an electronic device, this is not exactly reassuring considering this is a piece of 'must not fail' emergency equipment to which their customers trust their life.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you! Ours are affected by the recall. I hope they're back by the time we go.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy