Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oh look, it's another 'new skis' thread. (But this one is the best)

Poster: A snowHead
RattytheSnowRat, Though buying second hand is an option. My old Icelandics are bulletproof and were used as demos by KiWi1. They've been over all sorts of crap of late season rocks and stones and the bases are still relatively pristine. Very tough bases. Topsheets are well chewed and scratched but they still perform beautifully. Not even had to have them edged in 3 seasons (8 trips). OliviaDB could go for some lightly used good ski as her first purchase.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Masque,

Couldn't agree with you more - although the disguised plug trying to sell the poor girl your ol' tat 'landics was really out of order.

2nd hand is a good idea but I suspect she is afflicted by shiny-ittis and 'only new will do'.

Also (my weight) x (max speed I ski) = impact of a depelted uranium shell - no ski is safe.

feef, me and some others are looking at p-tex and alternatives for bases - I'd be curious as to what Icelandic use - did they inform you at any point??
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

2nd hand is a good idea but I suspect she is afflicted by shiny-ittis and 'only new will do'.

A compromise might be 'last year's model'.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
RattytheSnowRat, Those Nomads are going nowhere. In a crash test they completely destroyed some White Dots (literally). I've no idea what the bases are made of but I've hit rocks, trees, metal poles . . . I'm sensing a patern here Confused and there's barely a scratch. Also the edges seem indestructible, not been touched since I bought them and still can peel a sliver off my nails. They're a bit stiff for tele' (hence the topsheet scratching) till you get then really rocking and then they're sweet.

Pedantica, that's what I think will be ideal for her, finishing this season by getting some more instruction and practice on skis she thinks she might want to buy and then picks up the same in the summer sales or eBay.

Of course I could edge her to the 'darkside' and she can strap on to my plank.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Certainly.

Could have saved 200 if I bought mine at the start of the next season rather than the start of the new season. Was a new ski, so no previous year model until the next season, of course. Still hideous graphics, but who cares when that bit is covered in snow.

That 200 could have bought me a pair of Atomic not-race piste skis at the end of season. Loved the longer turn GS type, but still need to try the shorter turn slalom ones, before I spend that 200. Now wondering if those Red Stars might be better choice (ignoring the £££). Regretting not stealing them, but they were all out on test basically the whole week.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque,
Quote:

she can strap on to my plank.

Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pedantica, Any innuendo is in the midden between your ears Little Angel
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RattytheSnowRat wrote:

OliviaDB, I read about a book a week, sometimes 4-5 per week if I am on holiday and I've reviewed books in the past. If you need a hand - shout out. Madeye-Smiley

Ahem. I AM actually expanding my editing business by subcontracting ... :-S
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As a useful aside, I might get my mate to store my skis in Geneva. Will mean a little more arsing around that end, but no flying costs.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pedantica wrote:
Quote:

A compromise might be 'last year's model'.

Already spotted they're about half the price. Just need to find the correct height ski for me.

~*responding in dribs and drabs before sprinting to Gollancz to collect more proofs *whimper* *~
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OliviaDB, Some very special skis, going for less than a week's hire.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INDIGO-CARBON-SKIS-ROSSIGNOL-ATOMIC-DYNASTAR-/181041422492?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&hash=item2a26e8e09c

[flirts]These are made by order, cost over £2K new, piste performers, very you.[/flirts] Little Angel
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimastaaah wrote:
OliviaDB, Some very special skis, going for less than a week's hire.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INDIGO-CARBON-SKIS-ROSSIGNOL-ATOMIC-DYNASTAR-/181041422492?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&hash=item2a26e8e09c

[flirts]These are made by order, cost over £2K new, piste performers, very you.[/flirts] Little Angel

*eyes link suspiciously* What's wrong with them, then?
(Also, perhaps too long?)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As an aside, the Geneva bloke I'll be doing sneaky ski weekends has got himself some Atomic Crimson Ti skis ... knowing even less about them, does that suggest on or off piste?
(May also leave any skis I get at his place, so transport might become less of an issue)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimastaaah, OOOOOooooooooohhh SHINEY! nice length and no minimum price . . . tempting . . . very for a punt . . . but you wazzocks all know about them now rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Atomic Crimson Ti

Nearly bought them. or was it the black ones?

Piste with a hint of venturing the other side of the poles. Not too dissimilar to my K2's. Probably closer to Gloss than RedStar, I'd think (edit: in terms of piste:powder split, that is)
snow report
Masque wrote:
skimastaaah, OOOOOooooooooohhh SHINEY! nice length and no minimum price . . . tempting . . . very for a punt . . . but you wazzocks all know about them now rolling eyes rolling eyes

That's the point........... skis finishing midweek, daytime Friday, no reserve, relatively unknown manufacturer, VERY tempting for a punt!!!

Check out the link I posted for these skis to the Indigo website, look who else they make skis for, and what the skis cost.

I'm seriously tempted to get them, but.............. got too many skis sitting around. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Never heard of Indigo though. Scam? Either way, I don't do ebay.
Saw DPS Skis van the other day. Weren't they sposed to be at PSB? Didn't see any there.
ski holidays
OliviaDB, Atomics are tough, well made skis. The Ti are the stiffer version. I loved them when I had a day on a hard piste, didn't stray onto the soft. They do like to be 'driven' rather than skidded around on and you will need to learn how power your skis with those whereas there are lots of skis out there that allow you to stay more centred over your ski and still cut nice carved turns. Got to say it but for off piste it has to a snowboard . . . swing both ways girl and you'll never look back. . . Twisted Evil
snow conditions
^^ so that's the Red ones then, and pick up something wider if lots of white stuff falls out of the sky. Twisted Evil

OT, but on-topic given the reading bit on the previous page. Just got a 764page pdf to read in 16 working hours. The average word is "TBD" and the "Picture that's worth 1000 words" looks like our next spaceship is designed to paint the Earth green, but conveniently, it leaves the Alps and Iceland white.

Right back to skis...
snow conditions
Pedantica, My first thought was also that it had to be a euphemism for something kinky.
ski holidays
Bloody women, all they can think of is smut and filth rolling eyes Things haven't been right since they got the dam vote!
snow report
I did think of saying we only go where we are led, but that might lead to all sorts of problems!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy