Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'Oisans' resorts linked to L'Alpe d'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
I know I'm going off track here but I'm thinking of going to ADH in January , it will be the first time back on snow for 8 years and this means me and the better half are considering taking two girls aged 7 1/2 and 5 years for there first ski holiday. Very Happy

Could I have some advice on the following:-

1. Has anybody took two young kids to ADH on theie first holiday and what was it like

2. What was the instruction like for the kids

3. Did you go for 1 hr private lessons for them or morning ski school ( any recomendations )

4. Is there plenty of choice for picky brats to eat out.

Thanks in anticipation and for any further advice you give. ( Its a lot of money if they winge for a week and we have a domestic) Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
vtoakley, last year I had a family with 2 children about the same age as yours come to ADH and stay in an apartment here (their first time also) - they said at the end that it hadn't just been a ski holiday but an activity holiday as there is so much to do here for kids.

Very little head-scratching is needed to entertain the children as your lift passes give you free access to so many places, swiming pools, indoor sports centre with table tennis, climbing, roller hockey, football, ice-skating, the ice grotto and the list goes on. Theres even one of those 'Elastic Trampoline' jobbies here which are so popular with kids.

In terms of eateries - you should find something to please them on the slopes - there are a couple of English run places that may well have something that appeals.

For lessons, this year having organised several lessons for children I push private lessons here. I just think the difference in price is well worth it (not huge) to give kids the opportunity for some intensive tuition with an instructor that I recomend who I know speaks good English and is great with kids. I have a little list of both male and female instructors.

I hope this gives you a bit more confidence about the 'wallet surgery' to come - if you need any help then please do PM me!
Sarah Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I also went to ADH with friends who took their two boys of similar ages to your children for the first time. Food shouldn't be too much of a problem, decent pizzeria/pasta/ fries eatery at the foot of the main slope into ADH. Good slopes for giving confidence for first time skiers. they went to the ESF ski school mornings only-seemed ok.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Philip Prior, sarah@alpedhuez, ADH in the mid-80s had good skiing but it was the armpit of Europe in terms of its charm and ambience!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's Done

Booked up out of newcastle on 7th Jan for a week staying in the Christiania Apts in the Les Bergers area , hopefully picked the right side for the ski school meeting place and nursery slopes. snowHead

I hope the kids enjoy it or it will be hell for a week .
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gordyjh, Did you realise thatsarah@alpedhuez, actually lives there? You've just diss'd her home! In any case, that was 20 years ago. Shocked

ps: I live on the other side of the valley and like my side best!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gordyjh, Rich coming from Newmarket!!

Thanks Easiski!! xxx
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sarah@alpedhuez, I don't, I just live here! Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy