Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal and Chalets

Poster: A snowHead
Started looking for my Jan holiday. Silly question have Crystal stopped doing chalet holidays?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevew, I'm not sure why you're asking. Just put in a search and you see them!!

Bare in mind that Crystal is Thomson is First Choice, although as far as I can see if you do a search on Crystal and Thomson you get the same set of search results back. they seem to be killing off the First Choice brand.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I thought First Choice was now their brand for fully inclusive holidays now.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you do a search on the crystal site (country/flying from/date/number of peeps) it'll give you all possible options then you can use the filters to select type of accomodation etc.

There are obviously more deal from certain airports, but I know (from looking myself) there are quite a few deal from Leeds/Bradford and Doncaster Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Must just have been the resorts I was looking at Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As above really. We can only realistically fly from Glasgow so historically that meant Crystal. Booked last year's up through Thomsons / First Choice and we were met by Crystal reps in the resort.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They are definitely still doing chalets, but there are quite a few resorts they cover which they don't do chalets in (only hotels) so it depends where you're looking.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hope so as I'm going to one for New Year Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stevew wrote:
Must just have been the resorts I was looking at Embarassed

It's mainly French resorts that Crystal has chalets in - I think there are a few in Switzerland too. Austria seems to be chalet hotels/pensions/hotels/guesthouses.

Igluski is worth a look at because it has a good selection of search criteria. Some of the deals will probably be crystal holidays but as a site it does have good choice. Smile

Are you limited to local airports or are you willing to travel? Holidays from Gatwick seem to be ten-a-penny and cheap when looking last-minute Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The reason I made the comment was the sample I did was Austria and Serre Chevalier where I'm pretty sure they had chalets in the past .... or maybe my memory fails me

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 11-12-12 21:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Deleted double post

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 11-12-12 21:20; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Crystal, Thomson and First Choice all come under the TUI holiday umbrella.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stevew - do you have as specific date and departure airport in mind? The amount of looking I've done lately, I could probably reel off the exact details of holidays that fit the bill simply from memory Laughing

Looking at Serre Chavalier myself - some decent deals from up north (Donny, Leeds-Bradford) that tie-in nicely with dropping the nipper off at the grandparents in Hull.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Specialman wrote:

Igluski is worth a look at because it has a good selection of search criteria.

It is missing by far an away the single most important criterion for some of us though!

They don't allow you to search for a party size of 1.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
[quote="alex_heney"]
Specialman wrote:
....They don't allow you to search for a party size of 1.

They do Wink

God knows what results it'll bring up though for a singleton.... Smile
latest report
stevew wrote:
The reason I made the comment was the sample I did was Austria and Serre Chevalier where I'm pretty sure they had chalets in the past .... or maybe my memory fails me

Crystal do offer chalets in SC, just not a massive choice. You might need to expand the search engine. Personally, I'd recommend www.hannibals.co.uk, though you would need to manage your own travel.
snow report
stevew, there's a selection of chalets on Igluski.com and Ski Miquel have two chalets in Monetier-les-Bains with flights from Manchester. I think Zenith Holidays (guy used to run Crystal I think) also have Chalet Ridon.
snow conditions
stevew,Not 100% sure what you are looking for or where. But, if you have a look at the Solo Traveller section of the forum there are people advertising on there single places in Chalets which may help you.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy