Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon X-Wing Tornado Ti's

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Quick question for you.....

How much would a pair of Salomon X-Wing Tornado TI skis be worth? 2009 model with Z14 bindings and three weeks use.

Simple as that really !

Griggs Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
About £182.20 currently. wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Indeed Very Happy

Too much already or more to go on them? What are they actually worth?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Griggs wrote:

Too much already

Getting very close.

My '09 Head Magnums made £189 on the Bay this week as a guide.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^ +1. Good skis (better than the Magnums IMO), but that's about all you should pay now.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
andyph wrote:
(better than the Magnums IMO)

Are you on drugs?! Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Interesting thanks for the input.

Do I try for the Tornado's or stick with my 2007 Crossmax V12's ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
^ Tornado a great plank.

Copes with most everything from pow to piste.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mollerski, all a matter of opinion but I found the Tornado Ti (note the T= stiffer) handled my... er... density better than the Magnums, which I found a bit flappy. Stop me if I'm getting too technical.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
andyph,

I'm 6'2" and 15st. The Magnums never flap coping with my 'mass'. wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've got the 2011 Tornado Ti Power Line model, fantastic skis! Before I bought, I also got to ski the 2009 model and they were great too..... I believe the 2009 are a slightly shorter radius than mine. Either way, both skis are a lot of fun and very energetic!

For 3 weeks use, the 2009 model looks like a good price to me (currently £201.80 Toofy Grin)

Cheers
Kersh
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Griggs, Ebay has a 2010 X-Wing Tornado in 173 cms with Z12's for £150 buy-it-now. 10 days use, seems a decent deal.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimastaaah, +1
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Many thanks for the heads up. Skis are actually X-Wing Storm's I think - it is the X-Wing Tornado TI's I'm after really.

Anyway the one's on Ebay went for over £ 260.00 in the end which was out of my price band for used skis. Looks as though the trusty Crossmax V12's live to fight another season. Not all bad really as I do have a real soft spot for them. Felt slightly disloyal looking for something to replace them to be honest. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Griggs, Then there's............ http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=94377 I'm sure you know what you're after! snowHead
snow report
Thanks for the reply. Have pm'd seller to ascertain the state of play.
latest report
Many thanks for the excellent heads up. Deal has been done and I will soon be taking delivery of some 2011 X Wing Tornado TI's. Very excited. Trip to Tignes looming on the horizon as well. All good stuff. Very Happy
latest report
Griggs, you'll have a blast on them! Have fun in Tignes!

Cheers
latest report
OP £200 max posted.
latest report
Rather than starting another thread - a couple of questions about the skis already mentioned here ...

1. How does the X-wing Tornado 2008 compare to the newer Ti model? e.g. softer?

2. How does the Head Magnum Supershape 2009 compare to the newer Head i Supershape Magnum?

Am I right in thinking the Magnums are much more stable and better on piste but the X-wings beat them offpiste?
What could be the right length for a 172 cm tall, 73 kg skier. Skier ability is "advanced +" rising to " expert" after a couple of stroh 80's wink .
What would be reasonable price for the above skis? 80 GBP for 1 and 130 GBP for 2?

Answers on a postcard. snowHead
ski holidays
DB, in the 08/09 models, Salomon made the Tornado and a Tornado Ti. I never skied on the non-Ti Tornado's but I guess they were softer. Here's the 08/09 selection. Tornado Ti is at the top with the non-Ti second from bottom.

When Salomon started making the Powerline skis in 2011, I think they ditched the non-Ti version of the skis and just left the the Ti (white skis below) and Ti Powerline (black skis). The other changes to the 2011 skis were the dimensions which lengthened the turn radius by a few metres. Here's the

I tried both the 2008 Ti and the 2011 Ti PL. I found the 2008 ski turned really well but made me really tired pretty quickly compared to other skis, probably due to the shorter radius. The 2011 model was an improvement IMO and blasts through most that mother nature could throw at it.

As for the Magnums ... can't help you there i'm afraid.

Cheers
snow conditions
if you were getting a ski upgrade from Tornado 08/09 model would you go for 2011 model or something different?
latest report
What's their Tornado Ti equivalent now ?
ski holidays
Neville wrote:
What's their Tornado Ti equivalent now ?
Enduro XT800. More or less the same ski with an early rise tip.
latest report
1969jma wrote:
if you were getting a ski upgrade from Tornado 08/09 model would you go for 2011 model or something different?

I'd go out to a resort where you can hire the latest skis and try the new Enduro's plus other similar skis like the Magnums. That's what I did when I bought my Tornados a few years ago. I was lucky though and skied the black skis above 1 year before they were released - the hire shop just happened to have a pair on test and let me have them for a couple of days. Toofy Grin When I took them out, I wasn't exactly sure what skis they were because all the research i'd done never showed a pair of black Tornados! Didn't matter, they were fantastic to ski on! I then had to wait to buy a pair.

Cheers
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy