Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski hire and locker location in Ellmau

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Less than 4 weeks to go now snowHead

my TO (Crystal) has just sent me a resort map of the village/town.

Our location is pretty central.

My wife, who is a 3 year old novice, will probably stick to the nursery slopes around the town Sad

If I'm lucky I might be able to coax her onto the 4 man chair to the top of Astberg.

my question is where do we store her ski's?

In the hotel, so we have to get the ski bus to the slopes, but not tied down to which bit she practices on.

Or near the funicular, as I assume that is where I will be playing most of them time and where the majority of the hire places are.

In addition to this can anyone recommend any good renters out there.

In my experience, I have found crystal ski gear is usually ****, but that Neilson stuff is usually quite good.

I also prefer to pay the money direct to the renter as that way it is usually the same price, but they normally throw in free storage.

(PS I can highly recommend SKI & BOARD MARGREITER in niederau, especially if you get served by Eric (who happen to be the renter for Neilson))
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
'My wife, who is a 3 year old novice,' Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kiteman69, Is your '3 yr old wife' having lessons? Where are you staying in Ellmau? Depending on snow conditions, my children were taken either to an area in Ellmau (easily walkable) on the side of the village towards the Astberg lift, or alternatively at the top of the funicular (when snow in the village was poor). Others seem to have beginner lessons between the town centre and the funicular.
If taking lessons, we have been able to leve skis at the ski school / hire shop.

You wife may find it is not too bad at the top of the funicular, but my children did like the run down from the top of the Astberg chair, turning right (facing downhill) after only 20 or 30 yards and following a track for quite a way before turning left down a steeper (but blue-red) bit and then a nice coffee stop hut by the piste.

Lots of good runs around Ellmau. Like it. Kaiser ad was good too. Interesting water slides
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
KAISER BAD

Bloody iPad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JohnHSmith, water slides? Like the one in Les Arcs?

we are staying in the HartKaiser...................for the record my wife is not 3 years old Shocked

As for lessons, yes she is having some.

I know that as Santa has told me that is what he has got her Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I haven't been to the water slides at Les Arcs. The Kaiserbad is one of those Leisure Centres that the Austrians do so well. A 'fun pool' to swim in rather than a rectangular one. It is mostly indoors with a few 'features' like a waterfall, bubbles coming up from the floor, jacuzzi type thing etc You can swim brought a section which leads outside where there is a whirlpool type set up. Kids loved it. So do I Happy There are three water slides graded Blue Red and Black. If I said what they were like, it would spoil the fun. They aren't as big or serious as the bigger complex at Wörgl but the whole set up is fun. It's nice to swim in warm water, outside, surrounded by snow. Separate gym, squash, sauna (mixed, nude) and I can't remember what else. You do have to watch out for the length of time you spend in there as the tickets are timed and if you are late getting out, they will ask you to pay the extra. Your TO should give you a 'tourist card' called (I think) a 'Gästekarte' which gives you a small discount. When we first went to Ellmau the children appreciated a day away from skiing midweek so we always went there.
Not stayed at the Chalet Hartkaiser but I think it is midway between the town proper, and the funicular.
There are some beginners areas at the top of the funicular. Also two areas in town. One near where I think the Chalet Hartkaiser is. I think the ski school there is 'First' or something. Instructors wear blue. The other area is across town on the side near Going. We used he Hartkaiser Skischule over there (red uniforms) but its a few years ago now so wouldn't like to comment on current quality.
We really really liked Ellmau. I'm sure you will have a great time there.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kiteman69, Sorry, got carried away with fond memories. To answer your questions (or not):
I don't know where to hire skis from. Sorry, took my own
Where to keep them? I would say the chalet / hotel. If Mrs K is having lessons, that could be in different areas on different days, dependent on snow condition, so better to keep the skis at hand. There is a good free skibus around the town.

And Eric at Margeiter Ski Hire in Niederau is great.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think we were there 3 New Years ago (maybe 4) and went with Crystal. Like JohnHSmith, Crystal used Hartkaiser Skischule who had their base at the nursery slopes towards the Going end of town. We organised the ski hire with Crystal too, they were provided by the ski school. We were all happy with our skis, I'd just gone with basic skis, the OH went the next level up and ended up with brand new skis. We found the ski school excellent too (Jnr was with them all week, a friend and I had an all day private lesson on our first day).

It was only mine and Jnr's second ski trip. I was up the funicular on my second day, I think Jnr was up there from his third day. You might find your wife is up there sooner than you think. As long as you avoid the run back to Ellmau from the top of the Hartkaiser I think most early skiers will cope fine. I managed to get down there, it's not a difficult run, I just found it difficult at the time as it often seemed to be ridiculously busy going down there.

Can't help with storage, and not sure where the Hartkaiser hotel is, but again agree with JohnHSmith, the ski bus service is excellent so you might not need to worry about lockers. We never felt we needed them.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JohnHSmith wrote:

And Eric at Margeiter Ski Hire in Niederau is great.

Crikey it is a small world.............Wouldn't like to hoover it though snowHead snowHead snowHead

26 sleeps to go and counting snowHead wink snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kiteman69 - I think Chalet Hartkaiser is at the Going end of the town. As hammerite says the main nursery slopes are at this end as well and a very easy walk away. We've used the Hartkaiser Ski school twice and had gear from there both times - good lessons, friendly and helpful, nice gear - you can leave your stuff with them each night and the bar a couple of shops down does great hot chocolates. Theres good skiing this end of town, particularly if you go towards Going and up the chair. The Hartkaiserbahn is right out the other side of town and is a bus ride away. The busses get busy, but are quite frequent. For yourself its also quite easy to ski across to the funicular via a couple of small lifts and a walk across a hotel car park - Getting back from the train is more fun - up a chair, then a fast reddish blue I think. You'll have a great time
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kiteman69, I was working as a rep with a school group. They were hiring from Margreiter in Niederau. One kid had forgotten his salopettes. Eric managed to nip home and find an old pair that fitted. That attitude prevailed throughout the week. He was invariably helpful
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks Chaps

mikeh, is this the school you used http://www.skischule-ellmau.com/

Have I told you only 25 sleeps to go snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
yes, that looks like them. Theres another school close by as well, but I dont remember the name. We were last there 2 years ago and then 2 years before that and both times they were ok.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy