Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Puy Saint Vincent

Poster: A snowHead
Anybody been to Puy Saint Vincent?

Missus just booked the xmas-newyear week here with http://www.snowbizz.co.uk/ must admit never heard of the place,looks good for kids (and cheap!) ,but anyone with any info/opinion on the place.

tks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did my first "proper" ski trip for Xmas 1992/1993 and it was great. It is very compact, almost ski in and out of the ski locker. Snowbizz seemed a great company and the reps etc were very friendly (went out drinking with them on more that one occasion). The ski guiding was fun too. There are some good runs, Cretes was an especially lovely blue run, although it isn't a French Mega resort but you can't get lost or stranded in a far flung valley! Apres ski was fun because I always bumped into others from my ski group in one of other of the two bars. Always fancied going back but never managed it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Liam, I would heartily recommend PSV and Snowbizz, in fact have a couple of times on this very site. We went for our first family ski holiday with them 1999 or 2000, none of us had skied before and the children were 6 and 8 or 7 and 9 (rubbish at these kind of things). The lesson groups were very small and the all of us picked it very quickly. Socially very good because everyone always went to the same couple of bars and restaurants and the support structure was great, kids party evening, awards etc. In summary you should have a great time. Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PM 'Petel', he's the man on the spot... personally I've got nothing but fond memories of all the southern French Alps resorts, Puy St Vincent included. The resort itself is a bit of an ugly construction, but the skiing's great and there's a superb brewery/bar down in the valley owned by the Alphand brothers, well worth a visit, with an excellent restaurant attached...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the role call PG.

LIAMJ, feel free to mail or take a look at our site here http://www.alpsun.com/skiing_en.htm for more details.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tks guys,looks like the missus has done us proud.

Had told her not to book anything until i checked it out,but she got offered such a good deal,she went ahead and just booked it (as women do!).

Tks for the weblink Petel,looks good for info
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
LIAMJ

THE FAMILLE GAYNON ARE ALSO GOING TO PSV ON BOXING DAY, WE WENT WITH OUR BOYS FOR THE FIRST TIME LAST YEAR WITH SNOWBIZZ AT THE SAME TIME AND I CAN ECHO ALL THAT IS SAID ABOUT THE COMPANY AND PSV ITSELF "THE MISSUS DONE GOOD" ALTHOUGH YOUR BEGINNING TO DEPRESS ME NOW TALKING ABOUT GETTING OFFERED SUCH A GOOD DEAL, HAVING BOOKED OURS ALMOST AS SOON AS WE GOT BACK LAST YEAR!!!
IF YOU NEED ANY INFO AT ALL THAT MAY HELP WIYH YOUR PLANS P M ME WHO KNOWS MAYBE WE WILL BUMP INTO EACH OTHER OUT THERE (APRES SKI ONLY)

HEDLEY GAYNON
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hedley,

Sorry i may have mislead you by saying that we got a good deal,what i should have stated was that compared with Feb half term elsewhere in Europe when we were originally going to go skiing and also compared to what we have been quoted for a boxing day departure with other tour companies,the prices charged by Snowbizz seem great value.

One of the reasons for posting my question in the first place was that i thought the prices in the snowbizz brochure too good to be true,i was waiting for negative feedback to explain why,thankfully everyone has been very positive and must admit i can't wait to go!

Will indeed contact you if we need any further info,maybe we should get some snowhead hats so we can recongnise each other on the slopes!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
haha heres a gud 1, i went last yr n regularly txt the owners daughter lol. And guess wot! Im goin boxin day too! Make sure u book the new year eve party! Il post a pic of me on ere. Il b wiv the welsh crew! Where u flyin from?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
fezza

i am going out of manchester ,better set the alarm clock though 6.00am flight !!!!!
we,ll have to all get together on the race day and have a snowheads team
see you there
hedley
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We are out of Gatwick,also at the crack of dawn!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hedley, me 2 matey!!!

thats mental mate, i went at the same time last year too!!!

i think we shud stop talking about how good and quiet puy is, dont want it getting too busy do we people?

Laughing

i probly saw u last year, on our bus or summat

so av u two booked the new years eve party thing?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FEZZA I remember you,d been out for an early ski before the bus transfer preceded by a heavy last night i think you were sat a couple of seats away and were catching flies all the way to turin .
have i got the right guy or was it one of your mates or all of them Laughing

we will be at the new year party
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
i did go for an early morning ski thats rite mate

im well shocked

can u remember rita?

that big fat woman who never shut up lol

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sat 19-11-05 13:59; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'll see you all across there as I'm out on the 19th Dec and back on the 2nd Jan Very Happy
snow report
this is crzy lads, thinks we need badges!!
snow conditions
At special request from Fezza and for anyone else who is interested, I have finally managed to get up the hill and take a few photos of the new lift at 1400m and work underway on the new run.... www.alpsun.com/newlift_en.htm

Enjoy!!! Pete@AlpSun
snow report
thanks mate, much obliged, will show the crew those beasts!
snow report
Pete, Thanks for the photos.
The skiing at Puy is good, but this new lift and new piste will be a vast improve, really looking forward to trying them out one day during the Christmas/New Year holiday.
latest report
I make that five snowheads between xmas and new year for psv_spooky Shocked
latest report
We'll have to meet up at one of the bars for a get to know other Snowheads drink.

Chris you'll have to come to our place this year for drinks. I can't believe that a year has passed already.
ski holidays
ye deffo lads,

ill be the student sparked out in a corner of le petit chamois everynite
ski holidays
Hi guys
1st post on here i am off to Psv for the xmas week with Erna Low the apatment people ,tried to book with snowbizz but they had been booked up for months.Got an excellent deal £300 for a brand new 6 person apartment and flying into Chambrey with Jet2 total cost for 4 of us including car hire less than £1000 -superb.we will be easy to spot the kids will have Cairngorm ski club jackets on -heres hoping for snow
Tom
snow conditions
tomf, welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead and have a good holiday. Give us a report when you get back, please.
latest report
Welcome tomf, either of your kids do any racing with the Cairngorm Club??
latest report
Hi Tomf,there certainly seems to be a few of us out in Puy this year!

Unfortunately was too late booking Le Petit Chamois for news year eve,although snowbizz say we're welcome after the meal @ 11pm
Can anyone recommend a restaurant nearby,i presume i'll need to book this before arriving in resort.
snow report
Hi Liam

Don't panic. Le Petit Chamois always gets booked up no matter when you go as Snowbizz tend to use it as their main watering hole. There are a number of other bars and restaurants at 1600 and at 1400. PM me with an idea of what you are after and I'll let you have some recommendations !!!
ski holidays
pg both kids race for thje club ,going to PSV for quality practice ,has anyone any idea what has happened to the puy tourist office webcam as according to snow-guess snow is forcast
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The PSV webcam is here now - http://www.paysdesecrins.com/cwebcam.aspx?id=0

Snow high up....more scheduled for tonight, the weekend and into next week.

I noticed above people finding Snowbizz fully booked. We still have weeks available at our apartment at PSV 1600 if anyone interested. Xmas and New year weeks are still available too. www.alpsun.com
ski holidays
petel

how is the snow looking snowHead snowHead over there??
ski holidays
hedley, we've got snow all the way down into the valley at 1000m, but it's pretty thin at moment. Its v. v. cold here at the moment between 0 and -10 C at 1000m!! More precipitation forecast for this week and next so fingers crossed. There is a lot more snow making at PSV this year so if the temperatures stay low it will up and running on schedule. 23M euros spent on canons, new 6 seater lift and a new run!!
latest report
petelthanks for that, lets hope the snow that is in the uk at the moment is heading your way as well snowHead
latest report
Petel does the23m euros include building the other new lift shown on the piste map for next year which appears on the new blue run.Other changes appear to be a new resort PSV 1800 which must be where the new apartmnet blocks are being built -is the proposed new lift to serve PSV 1800 as access to the top bowl ,please keep up the reports only 3 weeks on saturday to holiday however day 2 of my scottish season today we have a huge amount of snow at present
ski holidays
The investment is what they have spent in 2005. There are lots of big plans for the future...but it is currently not clear what will get passed...PSV is on the on the very edge of the Ecrins National parc so they have to be very careful.
snow conditions
Looks like PSV will open tomorrow (Saturday, 3rd December 2005)!!!

It is snowing massively here at the moment. I just got back home to Les Vigneaux from L'Argentière la Bessée and I only just made it and that was with snow tyres on the van!!!!

I'll try and post up some pictures tomorrow if we can still see out of the windows!!!
snow report
coool

just had a look at the webcam, looks quality

petel, do u no wheres the best ski hire place?

think were intending to get it from autoskigliss...?
snow report
Yep, we had 45cm of snow last night at 1100m and I guess a bit more at the station. PSV is now not opening today as the snow is too unstable and they want to spend a week improving the base with the new snow.

Ski hire wise we use Sport 2000 in Vallouise, but that's because a lot of our guests stay with us in the valley...it's not however that convenient if you are based at 1400m or 1600m on the resort. Our guests on resort have used all the ski hire places at 1600m and haven't had a problem with any of them...just lots of postive comments about how friendly and accomodating everyone was...but then that's what it's like at PSV and that's one reason why I love it.
snow report
That's it the bags are packed. Just a couple of Xmas do's to go to Friday and Saturday and then it's off to Snowy PSV for 2.5 weeks !!!
ski holidays
lucky sod,

Mad

nuvva 11 days for me....
ski holidays
Anyone know if the heavy snow that is predicted for Chamonix etc this w'end is also going to Puy?

I know they've had some good snow already and don't want to be gready,but....!!!!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy