Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My New Scott Crusade 2012's. Binding suggestions/questions?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last ski I owned had a 74 mm waist. This Scott model has a 92 mm waist.
The binding I owned previously was part of a system on the ski (Salomon Tornado) that gave me a lift of around 22 mm.

I've heard the buzz that many people are getting their bindings systems to be mounted right on the ski itself (flat and low), and not worrying too much about lift/binding height.

I don't know if I buy into that theory, and would prefer to be lifted off of my skis (better angle, carving advantage, etc.). The binding I'm looking at (Marker Jester) to go on this ski gives me back the 22 mm of lift.

Question 1)Because of the wider waist of the ski, do I need to be as elevated?

Question 2) Recommend me a binding

Thanks all ~ Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skibum65, welcome to snowHead s

The Crusade hooks up incredibly well for it's width - you won't need any additional rise on the bindings to achieve relatively quick edge-to-edge performance. In addition, they're not really designed for high piste performance; they just happen to be good at it Cool

There's an argument that mounting bindings directly onto the ski creates a 'flat spot'. I've never felt it and you probably only notice it if nailing it through gates. You get better feel IMHO if you mount the binding closer to the ski - more preferable in variable conditions that the Crusade is really designed for.

Mine are mounted with Vist bindings flat (no riser plate). That's my 2p's worth. Hope it helps snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skibum65, SharkyMark is spot on with the Vist heads-up.

I got a pair of Vist 614's with wide brake, recently bought from a Snowhead that are rapidly becoming no longer required.

£75 plus P&P.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey all
Thanks for the follow up. Certaintly appreciate the advice.

Cheers ~
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I went from Scott missions with a raised binding to a Scott Crusade with a flat binding. Much much much happier with flat.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy