Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lift pass insurance

Poster: A snowHead
OK, so a numpty question this might be, as I have been skiing/snowbaording for absolutely years, but I have never really been 100% sure what the insurance you buy with your lift pass actually does?

How does this differ to insurance that you take out/have with bank account etc etc... I know the 'travel insurance' is largely to do with your 'holiday' hiccups and lost itms blah blah blah, but it does also include medical cover etc... I was wondering if the lift pass insurance just doubles yup on this...? or is it essential to get you off the hill...

Because of the small price that goes with it, I have always just purchased it... but this yr I have decided to take my head out of my a**e and actually find out Smile

Thx in advance folks... Feel free to hurl abuse for not bothering to find out before now Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have never heard of it before? Ok I normally buy lift passes via TO's but have bought them directly with the lift pass office inLe Grand Bornand and in Bansko and don't recall it being offered?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you are talking Carte Neige in France it will get you to an appropriate medical facility by whatever means is appropriate/available. This includes helo transfer if necessary. As to medical expenses it only covers €3000 for non French. And thats about it. So as a non French you do need additional medical cover.
The other good thing is that the pisteurs recognise it and act accordingly without phone calls/credit card checking etc. I do know of a occasion where helo transfer would have been appropriate but the documentation that the guy was carrying didnt specifically reference helo transfer it was the blood wagon. Luckily all ended well.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's all here,

http://www.carreneige.com/accueil.en.html?PHPSESSID=cb2dc8abe9dced6d577ed09fc3475159
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AlpineAddict, there has been a lot of debate on it here and elsewhere over the last couple of years or so. If you already have insurance strictly speaking it's not necessary but some think for the small cost it is worth having to avoid complications. Especially if you ski off piste. Ski insurance is a minefield.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Personally, I always take the Carte Neige in France entirely for the reasons Layne makes.

A shame that its not available in Italy and Austria (unless I've missed something).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So based on that (and this is purely academic as I am going to Austria this season) if you buy through a TO I assume that will not include Carte Neige?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NickyJ TO's tend not to get CN included on ski passes IME - one can top them up relatively easily if so required.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chasseur, thanks.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
NickyJ, We used to offer it with Inghams to guests but it is bit of a headache for TOs as you have to account for it differently etc... So I think a lot of them don't bother... I completely agree with the others - it is worth the small cost. Also, if I remember well, it covers rescuing from off-piste while most basic ski insurances only cover you if you are on the piste.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry I should have called it by its correct name... Yes I was referring to Carte Neige... So in essence, from what I can take from this, it is what I thought... My insurance will pretty much cover me but the CN saves a lot of the 'hassle' as you put it chocksaway...

Thx for this... So I will continue to buy with CN, and carry my insurance Docs with me as well Smile

jbob, Thx for the link... Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
AlpineAddict, no you weren't. you were refering to the insurance sold with the lift pass, which is not Carte Neige.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My mistake carre Neige comes with the liftpass (short duration) Carte Neige is for the season both do similar things
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chocksaway wrote:
As to medical expenses it only covers €3000 for non French. And thats about it. So as a non French you do need additional medical cover.

I think it only covers €3000 medical for French too? Anyway, if you are European, the €3000 is to take care of what your EHIC doesn't fully cover, rather than being a flat €3000 total expenses. With that method, however, you have to hand over the cash first and then get reimbursed. Didn't take long at all for me to be reimbursed, but I was told it would have taken longer if I didn't have a French bank account. What I don't *think* it covers is repatriation outside of France.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
miranda, I think you maybe right but most of the med centres in resort are private so EHIC not a great deal of use.
snow conditions
chocksaway, so that's when CN will reimburse you - when your EHIC doesn't (more than 3k is hospital treatment, not the kind of money you'd need in a resort med centre surely?). Has anyone tried to reclaim via EHIC for emergency resort med centre treatment in France and been refused on the basis that the clinic was "private"? Do these centres give you feuilles de soin?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy