Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

delta ski carriage across the pond

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all
just wondering if anyone has took their skis with them on delta flights to usa . cant seem to find out costs and website is vague at best .
cant even find a email address for customer services to ask maybe its my browser ?
trying to work out if its cheaper to take mine rather than rent them over there
ps flying economy Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
f1l, Flown with them for the last 3 years or so. Easy enough to work out really, you have to pay for an addition piece of luggage at that extra rate. For that price you will be able to take a ski bag and a boot bag and can realistically pak into them what you likje so long as the two dont exceed 23kg.

Theres a fee payable each way, thats cheaper to do online. Probably going to work out about £80 - £90 pp total for us. But it depends when you booked the flights etc as the fees have changed IIRC. Deffinately worth it for us as we are there for 18 days and moving around so awkward to hire ( I wouldnt anyway )

The 46 kg total personal luggage allowance comes in handy wink We've never been anywhere near it going out, coming back we've often had to talk nicely to the checkin staff Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Should be able to take one bag of 23 kg as your main bag if it's like most transatlantic carriers - almost certainly will have to pay if you want to take skis as a second bag unless you've frequent flyer status.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
got through to delta customer service on phone .
100 euro each way up to 23kgs , if skis bag is over 2m in length an extra 100 euro
400 in total . Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Erm

Quote:

Ski or Snowboard Equipment

Ski and snowboard equipment are allowed as checked baggage. One ski/pole bag or one snowboard bag and one boot bag is accepted per person. The combined weight of the ski/snowboard bag and the boot bag may not exceed 50 lbs. or excess weight charges will apply. Linear dimensions may exceed 80 inches (203 cm) without excess size charges. All standard baggage charges apply.

So you're golden if you take a single wheelie bag each surely?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
f1l, That will be 100 euro going out, $100 coming back, probably a discount if paid on line too. They dont usually measure the ski bags so unless its really really long you wont have to pay over sized charges. Seems you will be looking around £140 at the most.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
f1l wrote:
100 euro each way up to 23kgs , if skis bag is over 2m in length an extra 100 euro
400 in total . Shocked Shocked

You have skis over 2m?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
f1l, Flown from this side and back with Delta and it was $35 each way but couldn't pre-book . . . though a couple of times they just threw them on the belt and waved me on Twisted Evil I was flying from a feeder so it probably was their ignorance at the local departure. Booking in at H'row they wanted £55 till I showed them my $receipt from my old flights. I keep receipts, sad I know . . . but airlines are notorious for plucking figures out of the air when you are in a hurry . . .
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

f1l wrote:
400 in total .

You have skis over 2m?

ill have to remember to pack them side by side then Laughing Laughing
looks like a nice new double roller bag for crimbo then
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy