Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow hits earthquake-devastated Kashmir. Tourists flow into Gulmarg ski resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A picture of deeply-contrasting fortunes appears to be emerging from the devastation of Kashmir and Pakistan, in the wake of the earthquake on 8 October.

While the injured lie untreated and the homeless lie unsheltered, one part of the stricken region and economy appears to be picking up. WebIndia reports significant snowfall on India's leading ski resort, Gulmarg and a return of tourists. Click here.

This seems to confirm earlier reports that the resort, which lies in Indian-controlled Kashmir, has somehow survived serious damage, though there is still no clear picture.

This snowHeads thread fills in some background.

The snowfall will, of course, spell exposure and serious threat to life for many. The website of the Disasters Emergency Committee is here: http://www.dec.org.uk
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David, I have been rather sceptical on the snowNews thread. I remain so.
The report doesn't ring true to me. It may be the paragraph that starts: "The world famous ski resort of Gulmarg" or it may be the feeling that 6-7 inches of snow doesn't amount to much, and hardly likely to get many of us driving into an earthquake zone.
Quote: "The official said a large number of tourists had arrived in Gulmarg to enjoy the snowfall"
No - I remain unconvinced. (But happy as always to be proved wrong)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
These may well be wealthy Indian tourists taking advantage of the recent snow rather than foreign tourists - who knows?!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonpim, certainly I've read nothing first-hand from Gulmarg itself. I think you're right to be sceptical.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I doubt that the article refers to any international tourists, but probably only local tourists from other areas of India. It says nothing about skiing, just 'enjoying the snow'. This does not mention anything about the state of the gondola either, which may well have suffered damages. Have to wait and see I guess...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy