Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Europe's highest brewery: is it ski-in/ski-out?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
"Where is Europe's highest brewery?" I hear you ask. Well, according to this report from SwissInfo.org it's in ... Switzerland. A village called Monstein, at 1600m, near Davos.

The manager and co-founder Andreas Aergerter calls it "the last beer stop before heaven". Two beers are brewed there: a pale lager and a darker ale, generated from a
small proportion of smoked malt.

The British beer critic Michael Jackson apparently tried it during his visit to Monstein, describing it as having a "creamy aroma...[with a] palate offering suggestions of walnut, and a touch of sweetness, the finish drier and appetising".

From a glance at the local map it seems that Monstein is up the road from Davos, via Glaris. Looks like you could ski to the brewery, with a bit of orienteering and ingenuity. But could you ski out?

Depends how much is drunk, I guess.

Any snowHead care to make the pilgrimage to this 'ultimate beer stop'? Maybe worth investigating the ski access possibilities in full, first.

Here's the brewery's website: http://www.biervision-monstein.ch . Since they're on the web they'd probably welcome a frontline report from a visiting snowHead!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy