Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Friedrichshafen to St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
We are booked to fly to Innsbruck at the moment to go St Anton

I have just spotted that Esprit are now offering flights to Friedrichshafen. Does anybody know how long the transfer is? Any other comments on it as I am considering trying to ask if I can switch to that as they are earlier flight times.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Google maps says Innsbruck 1h12; Friedrichshafen 1h30. The plus of the latter is that it is less likely to be shut when snowy.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Right I am going to phone now. Thanks!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh we'll no luck. As we are the last week of the season they don't have those flights going for that week Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
By Road

Friedrichshafen to St Anton can take alot longer than 1hr 30 especially at the weekends !
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
NickyJ, Lucky escape, not an easy journey. Suggest MUC by Lufthansa or ZHR Swissair and train it.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We are going with TO. So are going to Innsbruck. I was hoping to go out and come back on morning flights especially as it is a Sunday and we have work and school the next day.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NickyJ, the transfer is really about 1h45 by the time you stop at chalets and stuff. Did a season in St Anton under Esprit umbrella, doing the Friedrichshafen transfer a lot, never had issues.

Markymark29, it's a pretty easy journey if you're a passenger Confused
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
NickyJ wrote:
Oh we'll no luck. As we are the last week of the season they don't have those flights going for that week Sad

I have just had an email from Esprit to say due to operational reasons they have had to change our return flight times. We will now be coming back via Friedrichshafen and landing back in Uk at 12:50 much much better time than we had, and the icing on the cake - they are giving is £25 refund as goodwill gesture. I can't believe our luck!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I flew to friedrichschafen quite a few years ago. I think the coach transfer took just over 2 hours. Flying home i remember there was a 10 hour delay as the plane was delayed on it's way back from Canada.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
NickyJ, score! We flew into and out of Friedrichshafen last month, in our experience it was an easy drive compared to some of the coach trips, shade over an hour and a half so not too long for the kids. Lots of tunnels but because theres no twisty mountain roads a la France none of the kids on the coach got travel sick.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Richard_Sideways, thanks for that good to know.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
NickyJ, You'll be OK, no queueing at Pfandertunnel near Bregenz early on a Sunday either, result.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Richard_Sideways, apart from the little boy who pewked the entire way a couple of rows in front of us - NickyJ, that'll be a bloke not noticing! Seriously though the transfer was fine (ignoring the few mins walk from the hotel to the coach park in St Anton). Friedrichshafen airport has naff all there though although if you do go through to the gate there is a little kids colouring / reading area the other side of passport control but not sure how soon they let you through if there are a number of flights.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
always29, Ok, fair point - but that kid would have popped anyway - his parents spent the first half of the journey stuffing him with sandwiches to try to get him to go to sleep. Anyway wasn't like the Mexican Wave effect that happened on the way back down from Peisey the year before, kids were going off like mines on the way down the mountain...
snow report
always29, Richard_Sideways, ROFL

I am just over the moon as it should me we actually get home at a civilised time as we all have school / work the next day the prospect of getting home at about 11pm with a very tired 3 and 6 yr old was causing me a certain amount of dread.
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways,

Ah you talk much sense Rich
We thought you had the duff deal with the extremely early flight from fried...... While we were having a lazy breakfast, lazy packing, walk around st anton, nice pizza restaurant for luch etc,

All went well til one of the 5 of the girls on the back seat of the coach felt unwell just outside of Innsbruck airport and deposited a couple of loads of projectile you know what onto her dad, luckily it wasn't me, andi have never felt so sorry for a kiddie and her dad and mum.

Was a shame cos we had all had a great week that week with esprit and I could see us going back there next year too - great location and so much skiing. Really good crowd I thought in the chalet too
snow conditions
sev112, didn't realise another snowhead was there too when we were there - where did you stay as we had a less than perfect week.
snow conditions
Our taxi took a shade under 90 minutes. We were changing into ski clothes by midday. Seemed to me easily the shortest transfer for flights I could find.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy