Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

North Pennines 2012/13 - Allenheads, Harwood, Weardale and Yad Moss

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there NVGAS, good effort. Try to get there by 10;30 if you can. I'm afraid it will get rather sticky later on as the temp soars. We carn't offer the Alps but hopefully you'll bring a sense of humour for our little ski area ! Hope you can ride fast Pomas.

I'm the guy in the old blue goretex and tele skis !

See you there.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Weardale was great today Very Happy - on what probably looks like the last day of the season Crying or Very sad.... The weather was warm and dry, the visibility excellent and the (very soft) snow cover still quite extensive. The sun even came out at times Cool . As the day wore on, the snow began to disppear before our eyes Shocked - but still a lot of fun skiing to be had.

And hopefully it was well worth the journey for notverygoodatskiing over at Yad Moss.

What an epic winter in the Northern Pennines. Can't wait for the next one but Mrs MA and I doubt whether we'll ever again get 19 days skiing and ski touring up there! A big thank you to all at Weardale and Yad Moss.

Weardale - The Final Fling(?)....Sat 13th April 2013:

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mountainaddict, never say never. Looking at the photos the piste basher has made a big big difference. F2 East and F1 near West have never looked better under thining conditions. There's always Cross Fell as well, the North side holds snow quite well.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 13-04-13 20:27; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It was most definatly worth the visit, met some great people and boarded some lovey soft spring snow, even managed to board back to the car, absolutely exhausted and we will hopefully become members next season and will be back up here much more often if the snow allows us to come and play again, thanks for all your advise and help, I'll try and post some pics and a more detailed report when I'm back home tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry i didn't get to say Hi.
Pleased you had a good time. I think you win the award of furtherest travelled skier to YM this year snowHead

Spring has most definately arrived.... but we don't put our skis or the Pomas away before May !

This year has been very good with 31 days at YM (so far!) which is far more than normal but a lot less than 2009/10.
Still we seem to be in a run of 1970/80 style cool dry winters so who knows what will happen next year.

Lots of maintenance to do this summer however.........
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy