Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The amazing rise of Warren Smith, ski academedician

Poster: A snowHead
there is a simple formula

be good at what you do
be passionate about what you do
have a bit of a business head

problem with the snowsports industry as a whole, retail, ski instruction, small chalet operators etc is that there are a lot of passionate people some of whom are very good at what they do, but not many have that little bit of business sense to turn it into something special
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
UK trail monster - would not disagree with what you said at all - if you really are serious about improving your skiing then find a BASI trainer, Staatliche geprüft or other national equivalent who are passionate about skiing, who you find works for you and has a technical focus. By the same measure I really would not recommend such courses to many immediate skiers who are looking for a good holiday with a bit of adventure and a few tips.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
TTT, Bug-ger
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Warren Smith just posted this up on FB and YouTube. Heston Blumenthal at Hemel, putting in some tight turns after working on his ankle flexing. This struck me as an effective little promotional video and motivational chat ...

http://youtube.com/v/x0rwN2d8owE
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Comedy Goldsmith wrote:

Quote:
He made a guest appearance in town on Saturday opening up a restaurant called The Cow.

That newspaper really is a stupid vache.

Because James speaks pretty good French I guess he's having a little laff. La Vache probably being translated as "Holy Cow" - in American English or "Blimey" in English. "Jings and Crivens" for the Scots, maybe.

[ps the wife informs me it has been called la Vache for years.]
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Comedy Goldsmith, a few snowHeads were at Hemel when Heston Blumenthal was having his lesson. We noticed that, at lunchtime, although he was having a drink (and very good-humouredly allowing himself to be photographed with some fans) he wasn't eating anything. I don't blame him!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can see a few snowheads on there...
and at about 3:06 you can see a bit of the course we were skiing with Inside Out
will have to contact my agent about my appearance Smile

Alasdair
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So that was Wazzer, he seemed taller than I remembered. Figured he was filming HB for a bit of celeb endorsement marketing which he certainly seems to be very switched on to. Interestingly Heston apparently can't wear contacts apparently due to an incident in a toilet brush fight with Lee Dixon on a skiing holiday.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fatbob, Unless my eyes are deceiving me, I believe you also make an appearance in that video! snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pedantica, He was indeed enjoying a beer and I introduced myself to him (we have a mutal friend). I think Nanostars outskied him and anyway he was only try to "find the perfect parallel turn" Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah Mouth - were you sitting by the pillar - on the table next to him?

we were at the tables by the roast!

Alasdair
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
akirk, Yes that was us Nanostars parents! Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We were there as well - pretty sure we spoke with some of you: we really should all wear snowHead badges!

It was young oski who barged in on the nanostars, "assisted" Ross & Paul for much of the day and managed to get Ross to crash at the end of one duals race. Tobiaski enjoyed himself thoroughly and I fully expect we'll be doing it all again sometime.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RobW, I was wearing a snowHeads neck thingy.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There were also a few with stickers on helmets...
but it was easy to spot the snowheads - they were the ones nonchantly and elegantly gliding down the slopes, pausing to pick up the odd fallen child, transforming tears to smiles where-ever they went...

Wink

Alasdair
snow report
A YouTube update from Warren Smith on the Cervinia/Zermatt glacier area for July ... very enthused with the snow conditions and valley prices (his summer operation has moved from Switzerland (Saas Fee) to the Eurozone) ...

http://youtube.com/v/ydjGV0p4Zlc

Having skied in that area 3 months ago, I can confirm that the value and standards can be superb. Check this place out, on the piste just above neighbouring Valtournenche ...

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g736264-d2662370-Reviews-Foyer_des_Guides-Valtournenche_Valle_d_Aosta.html

http://www.foyerdesguides.it/sito/
snow report
No celebs but here is a video of the day we did when Heston was in the house with Warren. Both really nice guys and I concurr that Warren has done a great job in setting up his operation, an inspiration to me as another non Eurotester Wink perhaps not as recognisable Heston but there were two former winter Olympians in the house that day which was great to see and possibly a few future olympians from the NanoStars group who we trained with..

https://vimeo.com/67470350
snow report
Write up of the Summer Ski Programme in the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2382588/Summer-ski-holidays-Summer-snow-plenty-sunshine-Italian-Alps.html

Looks fabulous out there.
latest report
skimottaret, nice work, there Cool
latest report
Mike Pow wrote:
Write up of the Summer Ski Programme in the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2382588/Summer-ski-holidays-Summer-snow-plenty-sunshine-Italian-Alps.html

Looks fabulous out there.

It is Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy